TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the question I would have is, what in the world would she be doing over there?
In reviewing the info this is only 5 minutes from her home. That does NOT jive with the timeline at all and I need to do some research.

Using Google Maps I did a basic search for directions from Ridgerock to 1416 East Brow Rd, which is the address the Times Free Press listed was near where the Jeep was found. I did a screen capture of the map (the link only showed part of the map so I did a screen grab so you could see the whole path):

gail-p-map-2.jpg

If she was driving, she was apparently traveling south. If you follow the road, it looks like it's all residential. Going south, it turns into Palisades Dr. and eventually curves around to Signal Mountain Highway.

I don't live there; someone who does will know more about the area.

ETA: I resized the image to something smaller, I hope it's okay.

Using Google Maps I did a basic search for directions from Ridgerock to 1416 East Brow Rd, which is the address the Times Free Press listed was near where the Jeep was found. I did a screen capture of the map (the link only showed part of the map so I did a screen grab so you could see the whole path):

gail-p-map-2.jpg

If she was driving, she was apparently traveling south. If you follow the road, it looks like it's all residential. Going south, it turns into Palisades Dr. and eventually curves around to Signal Mountain Highway.

I don't live there; someone who does will know more about the area.

ETA: I resized the image to something smaller, I hope it's okay.

This strikes me as an unlikely route to take. More likely to drive down James to the intersection at Taft and then to Anderson Pike. JMO.

Using this reported address I think I've found where they're looking, one image from the road.

Google street maps show 1416 E. Brow Rd. to the right of this image. In viewing this area, this the only place I've seen to the left which would be easy access over the ridge. Will always await confirmation but I'm feeling pretty certain based on info so far.

attachment.php

browrd.jpg

Wow. Is that a parking space, or a look-out point? It's obviously deliberately designed for something. What are the odds someone would go off the road at a place which has deliberately built an open area in the fence?

If that's the place, rocks and that post on the ground would have been disturbed, and there would have been tire tracks as well. No one noticed anything disturbed? No one saw the missing rock(s) at the same time Gail went missing and thought maybe it was odd?

There are cell phones that would last two weeks without being charged if they weren't being used.
Even if the phone was being called and texted as long as no one was calling out or texting from the phone.

However, some people plug their phones in, then put them in the glove box or center console.
This is done so that if there IS an accident the phone (and their contact information if needed) can still be found.

Odds are very good the Jeep died when it crashed, probably had a fuel cut off when there is an accident. (Assuming it was running.)
If the vehicle landed upside down and the battery cracked/battery acid drained out, then the battery would be useless very quickly.

Our 2005 Dodge Ram has 2 "cigarette lighters" to plug the charger into. One turns off when the vehicle does, the other stays on.
It would charge the phone until the battery died and charging the phone takes very little battery. So it could be 2 weeks, give or take.

IF Gail had her phone plugged in and charging where it wouldn't go flying...
and IF her Jeep would continue charging it even if it was turned off, that might explain it.

(Sorry, Cell phone business here.)

Suppose she started off from home toward Taft Hwy. She gets on Taft and realizes she's being followed. She might've pulled in to Signal Plaza shopping center and circled around awhile trying to lose her tail. She stops a few minutes to think, and decides to take the backway out of the shopping center on Hampton Rd, then to E Brow and finally onto West Rd which would take her to the main highways headed out of town.

Suppose she started off from home toward Taft Hwy. She gets on Taft and realizes she's being followed. She might've pulled in to Signal Plaza shopping center and circled around awhile trying to lose her tail. She stops a few minutes to think, and decides to take the backway out of the shopping center on Hampton Rd, then to E Brow and finally onto West Rd which would take her to the main highways headed out of town.

I'm thinking similarly. But if her original intent was to go down the mountain, I think she likely would have followed James to Taft or James to Ridgeway on the other end. James is probably the most "major" road up here besides Taft. I'm wondering if once on Anderson she decided not to go down the W and instead turned on East Brow to circle back.

I definitely find it odd that they refer to the area as a crime scene. Someone posted a comment to one of the news articles that LE is looking towards the fact that her brake lines look like they had been cut and that would be reason enough for LE to refer to it as a crime scene rather than an accident. Hope we know something soon. Prayers for Gail and her children.

Snowbunny is it an MSM article? Can you link?

Personally, I think that given the circumstances, even if they 99% believed it was a tragic accident, they have to treat it as a crime scene because if they don't, and they're wrong, they could seriously compromise evidence that may be crucial to any case they would want to bring forth. So maybe they are just proceeding with utmost caution. Hope that makes sense.

Snowbunny is it an MSM article? Can you link?

Personally, I think that given the circumstances, even if they 99% believed it was a tragic accident, they have to treat it as a crime scene because if they don't, and they're wrong, they could seriously compromise evidence that may be crucial to any case they would want to bring forth. So maybe they are just proceeding with utmost caution. Hope that makes sense.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16165994/discovery-made-on-signal-mountain

Check comment section.

Hello. I've read through the thread...may have missed it, but have they found her, or just the jeep. Have they said it is Gails jeep for sure? (not like a lot of jeeps have gone missing in the area, I know:))

Oh gee, hold me close please. :hug:

I guess it's possible, altho a long shot, that there was no foul play.

I definitely find it odd that they refer to the area as a crime scene. Someone posted a comment to one of the news articles that LE is looking towards the fact that her brake lines look like they had been cut and that would be reason enough for LE to refer to it as a crime scene rather than an accident. Hope we know something soon. Prayers for Gail and her children.
Rumor....or truth?

I've always thought that there was foul play...and hoped there was some other explanation.

Oh...Gail Look how many care about you and whatever happened. :heartbeat:

Oh gee, hold me close please. :hug:

I guess it's possible, altho a long shot, that there was no foul play.

Sorry, I don't wAnt to sound like a dummy, but how would some one get the jeep off into the ravine? And do u think Gail was in the car?

Hello. I've read through the thread...may have missed it, but have they found her, or just the jeep. Have they said it is Gails jeep for sure? (not like a lot of jeeps have gone missing in the area, I know:))

Just the jeep today and yes I believe that it is confirmed to be Gail's. But so far they don't have her body and are assuming it was thrown from the wreckage on the way down the bluff. They they are bringing in dogs tomorrow while the weather is nice (but cold).

Searching a verticle bluff is going to be an engineering problem - very dangerous for the searchers. I hope no one gets hurt.

Gosh after all this time...I have been keeping an eye on this case. After reading the news report above I think it sounded like they think there is foul play involved. First of all they did a second search because of a tip and then there was another car found nearby the jeep, but they dont beleive the second car is involved. I am going out on a limb here but I really think this is very suspicious and bet someone else was involved with her going off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam