FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/traynor-ma...-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017#.T2jNwtU_I3w

1. Sounds like GZ was looking for more than a street sign.
2. If Trayvon ran, how did GZ catch up to him? I think Trayvon played football?
3. Did GZ take a short cut, or did Trayvon think he was in the clear and let his guard down?
4. Doesn't sound like GZ gave Trayvon a chance to explain what he was doing there, which is what I have thought from the beginning. If GZ was told Trayvon lived in the neighborhood, then Trayvon should not have been a John Doe.
5. I wonder if they struggled more than once, like, in more than one location.

I think when the Feds make GZ tell his own story with no prompting, and possibly make him reenact what he says happened, this will all be clear.

JMO, I think Trayvon dodged GZ and the car by walking between buildings toward another road. I think this is what prompted GZ to get out of his car and go after him. Then suddenly GZ was there in person.

BBM Way O/T but do you have any Asain friends to base that statement on? Racism towards Asian is extremely wide spread. If you go to GOOGLE, and have auto fill on it enabled, type in the word RACISM, the first autofill is racism against Asians.

I have a great deal of Asian friends from many different Asian countries! I have a great deal of Black friends from many countries! I have a great deal of Hispanic friends from many countries! I have a great deal of White friends from many countries.

I'm going off what I have experienced where I am from, rossva, and from my personal experience, where I am from, Asians don't have it as bad as the rest of us when it comes to racism. It always seems to be more between White, Black, and Hispanic.

BBM

An unknown person goes on to a porch at dusk, pulls up a hoodie covering his face, in a suburb of the US city with the THIRD HIGHEST crime rate in the country looks suspicious to me. Why would he have to go to the porch to pull the hoodie up? It's not as though he stood there waiting to dry, or the rain to subside. By the description, he walked under the porch, pulled the hoodie up, and returned to the street. I could see how an observer would take that as suspicious.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/02/16/the-11-most-dangerous-cities

Tray ducks under a random porch to avoid the rain and put his hoodie up, then goes back to the sidewalk to start walking towards home again.

You might have a point if it had been George Zimmerman's porch. Maybe you would have a point if Trayvon was shot on that porch, because Zimmerman thought he was about to attempt a burglary or something.

Since neither of those scenarios are true....

Just sayin.

I have a great deal of Asian friends from many different Asian countries! I have a great deal of Black friends from many countries! I have a great deal of Hispanic friends from many countries! I have a great deal of White friends from many countries.

I'm going off what I have experienced where I am from, rossva, and from my personal experience, where I am from, Asians don't have it as bad as the rest of us when it comes to racism. It always seems to be more between White, Black, and Hispanic.

What you are describing has been my own personal experience as well and quite honestly, I've always been a bit perplexed by it.

I agree; Martin didn't deserve to be killed. What I am looking at are all the circumstances that led up to the confrontation.

If I saw some one do what Martin did, I most likely would have called 911 and reported it also. I may have also followed and observed at a safe distance till LE did infact arrive, especially if there had been unsolved breakins recently. I would not have gone up to him personally, nor would I have carried a weapon.

The problem is there is only one living person who knows exactly what happened. It is possible what Zimmerman is claiming is EXACTLY what happened that night. It's also just as POSSIBLE that Zimmerman called out to Martin, Martin stopped, and Zimmerman just shot him point blank.

So what does that mean, that he deserved to be killed for looking suspicious? A lot of people look suspicious. That doesn't give anyone the right to chase them down and kill them. That is the problem here.

If you read the actual statute it does have a part on using deadly force by an aggressor.
You have been alerting everyone as to the ramifications of this law from the beginning of this case. Few have listened. But it's all over the papers and radio now. I still think Zimmerman can be prosecuted, the law notwithstanding. But I will review it more deeply. Thanks for sounding the alarm.

In addition to the discussion's going on, should we perhaps discuss why Zimmerman was able to get a concealed carry permit in the first place? Are Florida's laws regarding that too lax?

You might have a point if it had been George Zimmerman's porch. Maybe you would have a point if Trayvon was shot on that porch, because Zimmerman thought he was about to attempt a burglary or something.

Since neither of those scenarios are true....

Just sayin.

Good point.

To also further that, if a person were to see someone that they thought was suspicious on a neighbor's porch, I can't imagine approaching and confronting that person. I believe the proper thing to do is call 911.

I understand the premise of standing your ground and self defense and I agree with there being protections under the law such as this; however, I see NOTHING at all in this situation that even remotely leads me to believe self defense had anything to do with Zimmerman pulling the trigger on his gun. I'd like to ask Zimmerman one question: "Precisely at what point in your pursuit and following Tray did you switch roles and you become the hunted with him being the hunter?"

It seems very apparent to me that it was Tray that stopped and stood his ground against his aggressor, not the other way around.

IMO

Zimmerman said he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck, police said. He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...girl-on-phone-with-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

I just read about his excuse for getting out of of his car. Where did this statement come from? Wonder what his explanation was for chasing Trayvon as evidenced in his own 911 call?

Zimmerman said he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck, police said. He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...girl-on-phone-with-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

I just read about his excuse for getting out of of his car. Where did this statement come from? Wonder what his explanation was for chasing Trayvon as evidenced in his own 911 call?

It's just a big mess! I want to listen to the actual interview with Zimmerman that recorded his statements about what happened that night... if one even exists?! :banghead:

ITA Daisy - but if you listen on the 911 call, GZ clearly states the name of a street - early on, in the beginning. He knew the street names - you bet on that. No way am I going to believe he got out of his truck to see the street sign.

JMHO

It says it came from police. IIRC, in other articles it actually was a statement made by Lee. Sorry I don't have a link for you.

ITA Daisy - but if you listen on the 911 call, GZ clearly states the name of a street - early on, in the beginning. He knew the street names - you bet on that. No way am I going to believe he got out of his truck to see the street sign.

JMHO

Agreed.

If Zimmerman was the neighborhood “watch” captain, and it has been reported that he called 911 46 times last year, wouldn’t he know the names of the streets in that area like the back of his hand? So, no need to get out of his vehicle, right?

jmo

That clearly does not correlate with what he is describing on his 911 call. He's already out of his vehicle following and pursuing Tray while he is on the phone with 911 operator.

I wonder where in his story line does he then get back into his car, get out again to look at the street name and then is ambushed from behind by Tray.

That story also does not match at all what Tray's girlfriend is saying she overheard.

I'm thinking we'll now hear several different versions from Zimmerman about what happened that fateful day because a lie is harder to remember than the truth.

IMO

"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."

If it were a cell phone, wouldn't GZ have seen him on the phone? I'm guessing he wouldn't have wanted to confront anyone if he saw them on the phone talking. But if it were a blue tooth/ear piece, it's possible he couldn't see it. I guess it doesn't matter at this point and I don't know why it's bugging me. MOO

Remember, it was rainy and Trayvon was wearing his hood up. GZ probably wasn't able to see it.

Wasn't he on neighborhood watch patrol? Shouldn't he already know the names of the streets? Who does he think he's kidding?

GZ was following TM, against the advice of the dispatcher. So how did he get attacked from behind?

Remember, it was rainy and Trayvon was wearing his hood up. GZ probably wasn't able to see it.

I'm thinking GZ had no idea that Trayvon was on the phone. His girlfriend is quoted in the newspaper article as saying his ear piece fell out while she was one the phone with him, during the verbal exchange she overheard right before their call got disconnected.

I bet that this news release of that conversation/verbal confrontation being overheard is the first Zimmerman is finding out that Tray was on the phone when this all went down.

Surprise, surprise.

IMO

This case is tragic. I don't want to attack the "Stand Your Ground" law or conceal carry laws because they are not the problem.

The problem is this individual who seems to have a policeman fantasy. There are bad people who abuse laws designed for good citizens to protect themselves.

This guy will go down eventually. I don't think there is enough evidence for him to successfully argue self defense AND I want justice for this young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆