DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so scary.

Poor Relisha. :(

I haven't read through the posts and I don't know much about the case, but I'm posting because I just caught part of the news and they're saying that there's a good chance that she's in Richmond, VA which is the area that I'm currently in. Doing all I can to help and spread the word.

Edited to add: Is this information true? Is she likely in the area? Sorry if I'm misinformed, but her picture in this thread is the same as the one I just saw on the news.

The lead story on DC's NBC 11 o'clock news was on Relisha. They confirmed that the body found at the hotel was Tatum's wife. It was also reported that Relisha was seen this morning with "a" woman at the hotel.

I'm surprised there has been an Amber Alert all the way out in CA. I hope she is found soon!

ETA - FWIW, there was no mention of Richmond, VA in the news story I watched.

The lead story on DC's NBC 11 o'clock news was on Relisha. They confirmed that the body found at the hotel was Tatum's wife. It was also reported that Relisha was seen this morning with "a" woman at the hotel.

I'm surprised there has been an Amber Alert all the way out in CA. I hope she is found soon!

It's a FB thing.
Popped up at the top of the homepage when I logged in, and probably one of the best moves FB has made in the past 10-years.

So mom was never sick? You said she gave an address for the hospital? To who? Why would she need to give the address to the hospital? So confused.

The hospital is no longer a hospital. It has been converted into a homeless shelter. That's where they were living. Hope this clears it up. :)

It is my understanding that they had been living at the DC General shelter for families for the past year. When her mother became ill and was hospitalized, she "gave" little Relisha to Kahlil, who was a janitor at the shelter. It has not been said that I have seen whether or not the mother is still hospitalized. Now I wonder whether mom's illness was an actual sickness or more of a substance or mental health issue, where she knew that she was going to remain for a longer period of time before she "got better."

Hollye

Hollye, I can't find anything to that effect. I'm thinking it's the journalists getting the story confused because of the 'hospital address', which is really the homeless shelter.

Is there a link about her mom going to the hospital - from a local paper? Locals know it has been shut down. Thanks!

I don't think this is the correct Lyles. The one posted here is the nephew of Tatum. His father (Rickie) was married to Tatum's sister and is the bro-in-law mentioned in the media. The older Lyles also has FB page.

Did anyone see somewhere that Lyles may have been incorrectly listed? I'll see if I can find where I read that and link it.

bbm

I just came across this - I wish other news outlets would update the story. This is a local and reputable news outlet (bbm):

Police say that Relisha is with Kahlil Malik Tatum in a white 1976 GMC truck with Maryland license plate 305015.

Police say that the second man Rickie Sheridan Lyles has been located and is not believed to be involved in her disappearance.

Police believe that Tatum is armed and dangerous. He is about 5-foot-9, 200 pounds.

http://www.wtop.com/109/3586498/Amber-Alert-issued-for-girl-8

The hospital is no longer a hospital. It has been converted into a homeless shelter. That's where they were living. Hope this clears it up. :)

I know this. I'm local. What I don't understand is why mom would need to give an address-period. The police came to them. They know the address. Everyone has been reporting that this is the old hospital. There was a link post earlier to an article (which has now been updated) that said according to boyfriend/fiance/husband mom was hospitalized. I want to know if mom was actually hospitalized or if that was just thrown in. I don't think local journalists would have confused mom being hospitalized with her living at an address that has not been a hospital in over 10 years. :twocents:

Please forgive me. I have insomnia tonight. I'm looking at mom's social media. No worries at all. This hurts my heart. I am so sad for this little girl.

I wonder if anyone has actually seen Relisha since mum supposedly gave her to the janitor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahlil's FB page shows suuuuch flat affect! It's hard to believe he would be the warm, fuzzy person to even think you could give your child to!

This is so messed up!!!!

WTH is wrong when parents don't have parental feelings/thoughts? I just finished watching a video of ANIMALS of different species raising babies. A dog nursing kittens, cat nursing a baby deer, goat nursing a horse, and yet we have HUMANS that don't value life!! I can't figure it out!! In one video a leopard killed an ape or some monkey, and that ape had a baby. The leopard didn't kill the baby though, it licked it and nursed it!! That's what ya call motherly instinct!! Why don't all people have it??

I'm crying.....this breaks my soul to pieces!!!!

At this point, there is no vehicle description of what they are traveling in. It's an unknown. The last vehicle known was an older white truck that has been located in maryland!!

UPDATE: Friday - 3/21/2014, 4:45 a.m.
Police say Relisha Rudd, 8, was with Kahlil Malik Tatum in a white 1976 GMC truck with Maryland license plate 305015. The truck was found in Hyattsville, Md.
http://www.wtop.com/109/3586498/Amber-Alert-issued-for-girl-8

Police and a D.C. official with knowledge of the investigation said that Tatum was employed by a nonprofit group that runs the shelter and that a background check was conducted in 2012. Nothing unusual emerged, although a search of court records in Virginia show numerous arrests and several convictions in the late 1990s and early 2000s for larceny as well as breaking and entering.
The D.C. official said that Tatum did not report that he knew one of the clients, as is required. That official also said that school authorities and social workers flagged numerous absences by the girl from Payne Elementary School in Southeast, including a string starting on or shortly after Feb. 26. The official said the mother provided varying accounts, such as the girl was staying with her grandmother. “She was on our radar screen several times for absences,” the official said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html?tid=pm_pop

"I'm very heartbroken because I love Relisha like she was really mine."
Inside, Wheeler said police have been questioning her son Antonio for hours, and Antonio Wheeler says he is the missing girl’s mother’s fiancé. He had reportedly been asking her mother where the little girl was.
"He's not a suspect...that's what they're saying...he's not a suspect," said Belinda about her son.
The missing girl and her family reportedly live at this D.C. homeless shelter, and her mother told D.C. Police that she left with shelter worker Tatum three weeks ago.
"He's Relisha's godfather," explained Belinda. "He is supposed to be -- he buys her a lot of gifts, she goes a lot of places with this man."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/03/relisha-tenau-rudd-missing-in-southeast-d-c--101337.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288