Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What the hell ? What would one use multiple addresses for exactly ? Scamming welfare/social security?? What else ? Maybe to have strange items delivered from online orders that he wanted to try and make it appear it wasn't really him buying items ? I'm grasping here...

Scamming seems to be a theme here, IMO.
Scammed the system and then it just continued.

It's an interesting possibility. In 1989, Worley would have been 30 years old. Is there a woman missing from the area in the previous two years? In 1990 he was arrested for an attempted abduction, so perhaps he had another victim shortly before that attempted abduction, and murdered her around the time that he disposed of the baby.
My post from other JDW thread:

If we were to go down this path, we'd need to try and connect an abduction prior to 8/88, and assuming she wasn't already pregnant, prior to Novembe/December 1987.

I think during this period of time his Mother would likely have been more "aware" and I would think it difficult to hold someone captive for a long period of time. jmo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I remember someone had found info that JDW or someone in his family owned (either currently or at one point) property on the same road Sierahs remains were found. Was this ever confirmed?

ETA: I hope this question isn't considered sleuthing family which I know is not allowed (if so please delete!) I just have a feeling the location of the remains was not random and trying to see if JDW can be connected to that area somehow.

LOL.. I do luv to star gaze...
Sorry Everyday Grace, I posted the wrong link. This is the proper link. I would appreciate yours and other members feed back.. TYIA

Is it just me or is there a distinct cluster line of red dots on I-80 from around Fulton Co., OH continuing on to Toledo, OH on I-475?

FBI long haul trucker serial killer initiative Map

https://www.google.com/search?q=hig...=l2WeV8qFE4aHmQHj752IDg#imgrc=YBw-AZachIdNBM:

I had to view the map from here:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/news/stories/20...part-2-the-highway-serial-killings-initiative

Small screen. Aging eyes.

Hard to tell how heavy those clusters are.

Would love to see the victim data contained within those clusters.

I don't think this guy is a career trucker and I don't think he did any long-hauling. Maximum distances I think he might have covered would be less than 500 miles, if even that.

I think that career truckers who are also serial killers are less attached to a single location as this guy appears to be attached to his County Road 6 location.

In that, I think the typical highway trucker serial killer leaves victims spread out in less detectable patterns as their center seems to be the truck they are driving.

I get a sense that this guy did not like to be very far from his center in Fulton County. I think that was probably true for him even before he created his secret room.

I think this guy's trucking was limited to NW Ohio with perhaps some runs into Indiana and Michigan.

Possible that he may have had a short stint long-haul when he first acquired his CDL, but discovered quickly that he did not want to be away from his center for those long periods of time.

Having lived in NW Ohio for four of my adolescent years, I remember that there is very much a tri-state geography to consider.

As for the highway killings in those clusters, some could be related to truck stops along US 24 that runs from Fort Wayne into Toledo.

I actually drove long-haul for six years in the earliest days of NAFTA. We ran a lot of freight on US 24 headed for the Ambassador Bridge into Canada.

With the advent of NAFTA, truck traffic increased on 24 as did the amount of services for truck drivers, including the illicit kind.

My recollection of truck stops on the turnpike is that they were somewhat limited to service plazas until you reached metropolitan areas like Toledo. There may have been some off the exits, but I don't think I ever stopped at one.

The truckstops around Toledo had reputations as "that kind" of truck stop so I avoided them when possible. I was a less-than-115-pounds solo female driver so I did a lot of avoiding during my years out there.

I was unable to avoid Toledo truckstops completely. My observations were that their reputations were not without merit.

I know that many truck drivers avoided the turnpike due to tolls. Mine were paid by the companies so I had the luxury of gliding on that great road.

Hwy 20 was one of the alternate routes used to avoid the turnpike in NW Ohio.

I-75 I remember as a wild ride. The presence of steel-haulers was heavy on that route as well as elsewhere in Ohio and the steel belt. They are a different kind of breed of trucker, much of their uniqueness born of their significance to the labor history in the industry.

But back to truck stops, serial killers and their victims...

I do think it is feasible that this guy could be responsible for victims that could be connected to truck stops.

With what limited information we know about this guy, I would limit looking at potential truck stop connected victims to the clusters you noted and possibly elsewhere in the tri-state area if he ever did any interstate driving. His CDL and physical card should indicate if he was interstate eligible, or strictly intrastate.

One other thing about this guy. Not related to trucking, but since I've already put people to sleep with this long ramble, I'll keep rolling...

He is only a few months older than I am.

At this age, I see myself reflecting back through my life more often than I used to.

Some of that reflection includes a wonderment of how quickly the years have gone by and more of a nostalgic longing for my youth than I generally experience.

Not being a sociopath or a pyschopath, I don't know that I can accurately conceive of what this guy is thinking at his age, but I suspect he may be reflecting back with a twisted sense of nostalgia.

In that, I wonder if his selection of Sierah as a victim could be tied to whatever thoughts he is having about aging.

It seems that if there are in fact other victims that none of them are as geographically close to his center as Sierah. Something urged him to take a risk that he appears to have been relatively successful in avoiding for some time.

Her abduction close to his high school also causes me to wonder.

If he is trying to recapture and recreate his younger days and if there are victims from his younger days, I wonder if any of the more recent victims might resemble earlier ones, not necessarily just in looks, but also in methods and possibly even locations.

Okay, y'all can wake up now. I'll try to limit myself for the rest of the day as I have exceeded my allotment for rambling words.

Thank you for sharing Everyday Grace, your input is very valuable, and research excellent!!

IMO This is all the same location. But since he's a scammer.. he scams.
It is all the same location. But it adds years. I read there was a time line of where he was and when. I was trying to provide accurate information to the time line.

IMO This is all the same location. But since he's a scammer.. he scams.

Yep

110627 Cty Rd L
&
110627 Cty Rd 6
Don't exist

It's a variation of the barn address 10627 Cty Rd 6. Now idk if addresses changed over the years, I know where I live (in the uk) about 20 years ago post codes were all added an extra 0, IIRC to keep up with expansion in the city. Not something that you would think is needed in such a rural area but it's not something I have any knowledge on, but I think it's the same address. MOO

Welcome Notnice26. I'm posting from a phone, please forgive me for screwing up your name. I removed that post 😊
Thanks😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yep

110627 Cty Rd L
&
110627 Cty Rd 6
Don't exist

It's a variation of the barn address 110627 Cty Rd 6. Now idk if addresses changed over the years, I know where I live (in the uk) about 20 years ago post codes were all added an extra 0, IIRC to keep up with expansion in the city. Not something that you would think is needed in such a rural area but it's not something I have any knowledge on, but I think it's the same address. MOO

You may be on to something. I was living in a very rural area of Virginia in the mid-late '90s and a lot of people's addresses were changed slightly for some reason having to do with the 911 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mostly a lurker on WS unless I feel a case has hit me hard, Sierah's is one of those. I want to express my deepest sympathy to her family and friends as well as those who have felt the impacts of the beautiful soul we've come to know through the beautiful community here on WS.

@Foxfire, what is your guess on how often JDW felt the need to kill? Once a year? More often? Less often? Is there an 'average' time for SK's?

Someone mentioned 911 calls. IMO those calls were either victims or his mother trying to get help. As I read the article, the one call seems as though the mother called, yet she was asleep when they arrived. Does that not ring out as extremely odd?? Not sure why the police didn't think that was odd considering all the 911 calls. How can we obtain the call logs? The dates and times, to me, could be critical in linking potential victims.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/D...orley-several-times-over-years-388704462.html

I was going to say not yet no, unless I have missed it. I've had my head buried in the 'other possible victim thread' and maps.

Then I see the above 2 posts and have my answer too!

Link? TIA.

I agree, at this point nothing is really unimaginable with JDW. I just saw on the link for the baby that it was not buried. Wrapped in a blanket. Hmmm...a year later he is incarcerated for the RG attempted abduction and tells a therapist that he learned from past abductions and would bury the next one. When I read that I interpreted it as he had not buried victims before that.

I understood that to mean that he had not killed before - although I rather doubt that is true.

Someone mentioned 911 calls. IMO those calls were either victims or his mother trying to get help. As I read the article, the one call seems as though the mother called, yet she was asleep when they arrived. Does that not ring out as extremely odd?? Not sure why the police didn't think that was odd considering all the 911 calls. How can we obtain the call logs. The dates and times, to me, could be critical in linking potential victims.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/D...orley-several-times-over-years-388704462.html

That is very odd. I wonder if police followed up with the mother the next day to ask whether she had called and whether she was okay.

How long did it take police to arrive after the 911 call? Perhaps it an hour later.

Someone mentioned 911 calls. IMO those calls were either victims or his mother trying to get help. As I read the article, the one call seems as though the mother called, yet she was asleep when they arrived. Does that not ring out as extremely odd?? Not sure why the police didn't think that was odd considering all the 911 calls. How can we obtain the call logs? The dates and times, to me, could be critical in linking potential victims.

Is this what you are referring to?

"Only once do we see where deputies went into his home, that was a call for his mother choking. Worley said she was fine. A deputy went inside and checked to see that the mother was in fact sleeping. "

It is unclear who called "a call FOR his mother". It doesn't sound like she called. Maybe the other family member who lives on the property. But that's IMO.

I think Worley also got thrills from LE being nearby and not catching onto him. It probably excited him to call the police, one of the reasons why so many calls were made. He may have done this in between attacks to get his fill until he could strike again.

On another note, I feel he either hit Sierah in the head with the motorcycle helmet or, more likely even, he put the helmet on her to help incapacitate her. Sorry I do not have a link but we have discussed that at least one of the news sources noted it was his blood on the helmet. She could have knocked HIM with it if it was on her head and they were having a struggle.

I still cannot wrap my brain around the logistics of this abduction. We are missing something. Was there a box van parked nearby hidden? Did he take the motorcycle in the box van to a nearby spot, then unloaded the motorcycle and apprehended Sierah, incapacitated her, tied her to the motorcycle and then picked her and the bike up with the box van? Wouldn't someone have seen another vehicle? Every scenario seems ridiculous and far fetched; there is no Occams Razor here that I can think of.....

ETA: are we sure he even rode the motorcycle that evening? It could be that the motorcycle was in the back of the truck that he abducted her in...hence, her blood on the motorcycle...he used the helmet and or ski mask to hide his face or as a weapon...Etc.

I have been lurking on Sierah's threads since the first day, and I have started to compose a post at least 20 times. However, I can never find the right words and am not sure that tonight is any better. Sierah was such a bright, inspiring person. She radiates beauty from the inside. I can't read through her threads without bursting into tears. She had her entire life ripped from her by one person, who has a level of depravity I cannot comprehend.

As I read through the thread of JW's potential victims, I have to remember that light conquers darkness. Sierah fought like hell so that no others have to suffer her fate. For that she is a heroine. RIP, Sierah.

To all of the posters on here who know Sierah, my heart goes out to see you. I pray that you are able to find some peace in these moments of darkness. Your words and stories have moved me in a way that I cannot describe. Stay strong.

I think Worley also got thrills from LE being nearby and not catching onto him. It probably excited him to call the police, one of the reasons why so many calls were made. He may have done this in between attacks to get his fill until he could strike again.

On another note, I feel he either hit Sierah in the head with the motorcycle helmet or, more likely even, he put the helmet on her to help incapacitate her. Sorry I do not have a link but we have discussed that at least one of the news sources noted it was his blood on the helmet. She could have knocked HIM with it if it was on her head and they were having a struggle.

I still cannot wrap my brain around the logistics of this abduction. We are missing something. Was there a box van parked nearby hidden? Did he take the motorcycle in the box van to a nearby spot, then unloaded the motorcycle and apprehended Sierah, incapacitated her, tied her to the motorcycle and then picked her and the bike up with the box van? Wouldn't someone have seen another vehicle? Every scenario seems ridiculous and far fetched; there is no Occams Razor here that I can think of.....

Good post. Hoping our fellow poster is able to obtain a copy of the remaining search warrants, through a PRR. That was mentioned yesterday anyway. August 18th ... many, many threads of theories from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288