GUILTY FL - Michael Brewer, 15, set ablaze by classmates, Deerfield Beach, 12 Oct 2009

they released the 911 tape but pleaseee beware before clicking and hearing it. IT IS VERY hard to listen to and you can hear him yelling out in pain. do not listen and then blame me for hearing it.

I hope these five Teens get life in prision and never get out again I can not get over what I heard on that 911 tape. I wish I could unlisten. This is your warning if you decide to listen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,567645,00.html?test=latestnews

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. — A teen who police say was set ablaze by five other boys screamed in agony as a breathless 911 caller pleaded for help because "a little boy just caught on fire," according to a recording released Friday.

Oh God! That is so sad. That poor boy. :cry:

Some names are being released of the boys who did this horrible deed:

Jesus Mendez
Matthew Aaron Bent
Colorado Jarvis
Jeremy Jarvis
Steven Shelton

http://www.miamiherald.com/467/story/1283512.html

You can see photos of them in court here:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view.bg?articleid=1205179

More photos:
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/sfl-fire-suspects-burning-boy-101309-pg,0,4445146.photogallery
Some of them look pretty nasty for being only 15 years old

With Florida sunshine laws we should be able to get some more details, such as arrest reports, witness statements, etc.

Those culprits have all got the same empty stare.
How dare they smile and try to look "hard"
I hope they get the full force of the law:furious::furious::furious:

Some names are being released of the boys who did this horrible deed:

Jesus Mendez
Matthew Aaron Bent
Colorado Jarvis
Jeremy Jarvis
Steven Shelton

http://www.miamiherald.com/467/story/1283512.html

You can see photos of them in court here:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view.bg?articleid=1205179

More photos:
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/sfl-fire-suspects-burning-boy-101309-pg,0,4445146.photogallery
Some of them look pretty nasty for being only 15 years old

With Florida sunshine laws we should be able to get some more details, such as arrest reports, witness statements, etc.

Those Jarvis brothers look the meanest. IMO, they should all receive the same charges. Every each one of them could have tried to stop the others, yet they just joined in. Mob mentality is no excuse.

OMG. My heart is aching for him.

I made the mistake, even after being warned, of listening to the 911 call. The agony of this poor baby's screams... I am a mother, and my heart is just breaking.

The article said years of skin grafts, surgeries, possibility of organ failure for a case this severe...

I just cannot fathom how or why or what could possess five teens to do this- pour rubbing alcohol on a living, breathing person, and set him on fire?

I know it was only a matter of minutes, but it seemed to take years for the EMTs to get there.

May God bless the woman who called 911, and stayed with this young man. This was a horrifying experience for her, as well.

May God bless this boy, wrap him in comfort, love and faith that he will get through this.

I hope these cruel, heartless teens are tried as adults, and suffer through not only long prison sentences, but a heavy dose of conscience and full understanding at the horror their actions caused that day. May they never, ever be allowed to forget.

I just read that the teens were laughing, after they set Michael on fire.

The older Jarvis brother's photo took my breath away. He looks evil, soul-less.

I'm not sure if it would help, depends on how hardened these monsters are, but I think they should all have to spend a week or more at the burn unit. Volunteering, listening to the patients cry out. I also would like to see the parents have to do the same thing. Not many children are born evil. They're taught evil.

They were laughing about it in jail, too. They need to be locked away for a good long time to give them a chance to think about what they did.

The older Jarvis brother is actually named Denver Colorado Jarvis. I know that odd names are becoming so common that they are almost not odd anymore. And I know it is no excuse for what he did. But I do imagine it must have been a bit more difficult than normal to be raised with such a strange name. Who would name their kid after a city? A mile high city nonetheless.

I take it back...he is named after his father who has the same name...hmmm

The teenagers accused of surrounding Michael Brewer and setting him on fire will have to be released from custody after Nov. 12 unless prosecutors charge them as adults,

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/1313470.html

It is not clear to me what conditions must be met for them to be charged as adults, but this article seems to imply that they need Michael Brewer's testumony and he is too ill to give testimony. Or am I not understanding ths correctly?

Is this likely? Or are they just writing like this to sell more papers?

Not that it matters, but is this a big surprise?

Families of boys accused of burning teen were all troubled

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/state/epaper/2009/10/25/burnboyfamilies.html

No surprise at all. :cool:

In no way does it excuse these kids (although some will surely try), but it confirms my growing belief that our court system and DCF/CPF are jokes.

I mean, just look at how many times those parents got their cases dismissed, plead down, sentences cut short, etc... :no:

It's because of that that their kids were kept in homes that taught them to be animals with contempt for humanity and the law.

No wonder they were laughing - they have no sense of goodness, and they're unafraid of being held accountable for their own crimes, since they saw their own parents get away with it.

Reading so many stories like this makes me wish we could force contraception on some people. I'm past weary of seeing the human equivalent of Pitt Bull dog-fighting farms in our cities pumping out more vicious criminals every day. :mad:

He struck me the same way, smart blonde.

Jarvis family apologizes for fiery attack against Deerfield Beach teen

<snip>

Sherry Jarvis trembled Wednesday afternoon as she issued an apology to Brewer and his family, unable because of the criminal charges against her sons to offer anything more than words of grief, sorrow and prayers for the victim's recovery.

"This is a horrible incident that never should have occurred," she said outside the law offices of the attorneys representing Denver, 15, and Jeremy, 13. Standing beside her were her husband, Denver Sr., and their teenage daughters, Elyse and Danielle.

Jeremy Jarvis, the youngest of the five defendants, is likely to be released next week.

Inside Melnick's office late Wednesday, members of the Jarvis family said they've had to endure taunts and threats from acquaintances and strangers while coming to terms with the fact that their sons are accused of a horrific attack against someone they all considered a friend.

more here

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...spect-jarvis-parents-bn110409,0,1968462.story

Jarvis family apologizes for fiery attack against Deerfield Beach teen

<snip>

Sherry Jarvis trembled Wednesday afternoon as she issued an apology to Brewer and his family, unable because of the criminal charges against her sons to offer anything more than words of grief, sorrow and prayers for the victim's recovery.

Inside Melnick's office late Wednesday, members of the Jarvis family said they've had to endure taunts and threats from acquaintances and strangers while coming to terms with the fact that their sons are accused of a horrific attack against someone they all considered a friend.

-snip-
An apology was necessary, but nowhere near sufficient. And they can cry me a river about the taunts they endure. :rolleyes:

Snippets about this family, from the article Gene posted:

June 2005... [Father] Jarvis crashed into two parked cars and ... could barely stand on his feet. In the truck at the time: his 10-year-old son, Denver Colorado III. The boy's father was arrested for drunken driving, child abuse and driving too fast for conditions.

In August 2005, [more arrests for drunk driving and drugs]

At that time, the Jarvis children had already been subjected to years of abuse, according to court records and sources close to the case. They had been removed from the house by child welfare authorities, declared dependents of the state and ordered to live with a relative.

A source with knowledge of the case said their father, 45, has been plagued by alcohol abuse and had relapsed several times. Their mother, Sherry Jarvis, 38, had mental health concerns, and last year was sentenced to six months' probation for drunken driving.

Still, the records reveal that the couple kept trying to keep their family &#8212; which also includes two daughters &#8212; together, the source said. By 2006, they fulfilled all their child welfare obligations and completed counseling and parenting classes.

But since that time, BSO has responded to more than 20 incidents at the Jarvis' Pompano Beach home, mostly for domestic disturbances, according to BSO records.

...July 2008, Sherry Jarvis told investigators her husband jumped on top of her, grabbed her by the throat with both hands and nearly choked her. He was charged with battery, but the charge was later dropped.

One month later, the couple was charged with violating school attendance laws because their sons were skipping school. They were ordered to undergo parenting classes. [again]

In the Oct. 12 attack, Denver Colorado III doused the victim with rubbing alcohol, while the boy's younger brother did nothing, according to police.​
These "parents" have been given chance after chance - far too many - and they still refused to stop putting their kids' and other people's lives in serious danger.

I only wish we could toss them in the clink and throw the key away.

The older Jarvis brother is actually named Denver Colorado Jarvis. I know that odd names are becoming so common that they are almost not odd anymore. And I know it is no excuse for what he did. But I do imagine it must have been a bit more difficult than normal to be raised with such a strange name. Who would name their kid after a city? A mile high city nonetheless.

I take it back...he is named after his father who has the same name...hmmm
Haha... I was born and raised in California, the land of 'strange' or 'unusual' names.

As a matter of fact, my own first name is unusual, as are many of my friends. We've never set a person on fire.

I don't think his name has a thing to do with anything.

Just look at the serial killers with 'common', 'ordinary' names like:

* John (Wayne Gacy)

* Ted (Bundy)

* Richard (Ramirez)

* Charles (Manson)

* David (Berkowitz)

You get my point.

So it seems in the cases of Denver and Jeremy they were monsters that were created. I take it these kids weren't born evil; it's what they learned from their parents. I'm not giving them a pass, it's just that I always wonder what makes a child do something so horrific.

Did these parents work or were they losers sucking at the taxpayer t!t?

So it seems in the cases of Denver and Jeremy they were monsters that were created. I take it these kids weren't born evil; it's what they learned from their parents. I'm not giving them a pass, it's just that I always wonder what makes a child do something so horrific.

Probably a mix of biological predispositions and environment. But I'm like you - it makes no difference. The only thing it would excuse is violence against the abusive parent. imo

Otherwise, they're just hazardous material out there infecting innocent people. Their parents' repeated crimes have demonstrated the cost of our giving them multiple chances. :no:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back