Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

A little O/T here. I was surprised at JB's comment to CA to zip it. I can not believe she let him get away with that. While I imagine it must be very difficult to get CA to stop talking:silenced: the sheer rudeness of what he said is just amazing. Now, I am picturing him saying it abruptly and it is possible he said it with a smile and sort of as a joke (this is why I would love to hear the audio of this part). To me, it was just another example of JB being unprofessional.

A little O/T here. I was surprised at JB's comment to CA to zip it. I can not believe she let him get away with that. While I imagine it must be very difficult to get CA to stop talking:silenced: the sheer rudeness of what he said is just amazing. Now, I am picturing him saying it abruptly and it is possible he said it with a smile and sort of as a joke (this is why I would love to hear the audio of this part). To me, it was just another example of JB being unprofessional.

He 'sounded' frantic as I read through the depo. Cindy actually offered to come back another day to answer that question so I imagine she might have picked up on his intensity and realized it might not be prudent to answer then and there.

I agree, Muzikman. The point at which Jose says "zip it" is when Cindy has started saying she has never "seen that document" before. It has something to do with a document.

I am sure you are right, but my first reaction was to say it could be at any point where she is about to reveal something incriminating and that could be a number of things....:innocent:

Not really off topic.. :)

I would LOVE to hear/see audio or video of this depo, and hear the tone of voice used. Could be telling. How much desperation is in Jose's objection? :crazy:

One more thing before I have to go back to 'real life'. IF the exhibit objected to was a photo (isn't one of the things on the list that Valhall posted "Mom and Baby") that the public has not seen yet, could it be because it was 'sold exclusively' to someone for either an article, book, TV show, etc. etc. If that photo was introduced into this depo, once the depo was released the photo would no longer be exclusive? I know that is a long and convoluted sentence so have patience with me. If an article, book or TV show comes out with that previously unreleased photo in it - that would pretty much seal the deal that someone had done a $$$$ deal for photos - and from CA's reaction, it was not her!

These look like lists of things that Casey was asked to bring to JB's office. Remember several weeks ago we heard about SA having a hard time receiving the discovery that JB had in his possession? Could these lists contain some items that JB found to be unfavorable to Casey ~ so he withheld them ~ never turned them over and yet the lists show that he had possession of them at one time?

Couple questions:

1. can this also be related to the portion of George's depo when George is asked if he was shown communications/document by JB from KC that he was not allowed to take? Contract/negotiations for sale of pictures & videos?
2. Where does the 'handwriting' question come into play? Can we assume the other document was in Casey's handwriting?
3. Was there another protective order filed after this depo?

What I find fascinating is that they obviously caught Cindy off guard (uncoached) with something she wasn't previously aware of.

Oh , what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

He 'sounded' frantic as I read through the depo. Cindy actually offered to come back another day to answer that question so I imagine she might have picked up on his intensity and realized it might not be prudent to answer then and there.

She was eager at first to answer it though. she kept trying and JB kept saying, "Don't, don't, don't," which sounds pretty frantic to me.

Is there any chance that Casey took the specific roll of duct tape to JB? Linda specifically asks if Cindy saw Casey remove anything from the garage.

This thread might be focusing on the reason that these depos have been released now. whatever it is that the SA & JB's team all know that is under seal, the State is going to keep pressing legally to get it out there. Another warning shot across the bow.

Great job! I've been playing with this and think I may have come up with a couple, too.

The first unknown (under straw) is cup
The second unknown (under bibs) is (wash cloth band aid) with saliva written again to the left in front of the parenthesis
I'm having a hard time with the last line, too. It's two words. The could have a / between them or maybe parenthesis? Could earphone be the last word? I dunno.

ETA: Oh, also I noticed that on the page to the left (where the list is quite legible) spiderman toothbrush is added as an afterthought, smaller and to the right.

Okay, I'm like 99% certain that the very last word is temperature spelled wrong. Tempture...probably written by Baez (lmao).

She was eager at first to answer it though. she kept trying and JB kept saying, "Don't, don't, don't," which sounds pretty frantic to me.

Is there any chance that Casey took the specific roll of duct tape to JB? Linda specifically asks if Cindy saw Casey remove anything from the garage.

This thread might be focusing on the reason that these depos have been released now. whatever it is that the SA & JB's team all know that is under seal, the State is going to keep pressing legally to get it out there. Another warning shot across the bow.

That was my initial thought too. There seems to be WAY to much objecting to whatever it is. Something that makes Casey look even worse (if that is at all possible, heh).

Okay, I'm like 99% certain that the very last word is temperature spelled wrong. Tempture...probably written by Baez (lmao).

I think you're probably right. It sure sounds like a list of things to gather for dna (mom & baby) doesn't it. Was the sterile swab and envelope to send off a sample? Tape envelope closed so as not to get foreign saliva/dna mixed in?

I'm more convinced than ever that the issue involves the right hand page of exhibit 22. Because if you re-read the section where the SHTF they have introduced one single page with a photo of the two handwritten pages at the top (Exhibit 22) and the picture of KC and Caylee playing at the bottom (Exhibit 23). The PHOTO AT THE TOP of this page is the one that is sealed. And CA identified the left hand page as KC's handwriting, but it is the right hand page that she begins to say she has never seen before when JB does the big

ZIP IT!!!

Whatever she zipped it about, she was pleased afterwards that JB shut her up! I am searching the media thread for motions/protective orders after July 28 depo, and I happened acrosss this (Thanks Angel):
UPDATED: Casey Anthony: What did Cindy Anthony tell prosecutors today? WFTV has the scoop as grandma leaves with a smile
posted by halboedeker on Jul 28, 2009 5:38:57 PM
<snipped>
WFTV's Kathi Belich said, "We have no way of knowing what questions Cindy Anthony is being asked and what her story is today."

We'll learn what Anthony said if either side puts her statements in the court file, which is public.

"For some reason, Cindy Anthony's deposition was hush-hush," Belich said at 6. "But we were tipped off."
Anthony faced four hours of questioning today.

Belich noted that Cindy Anthony had said such questioning would be "traumatizing," and yet she left "with a strange smile on her face."

Attorney Brad Conway said Cindy had nothing to hide. But Belich said Cindy's "credibility is already in question because she has changed her story so many times."

What might the topics have been? Belich speculated: "Today, months after she stopped communicating with investigators, there are a lot of new questions, some about the evidence taken from the Anthonys' home in December."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/07/casey-anthony-what-did-cindy-anthony-tell-prosecutors-today.html

Please note also that earlier this same week (July 28th) is when the State asked for transcripts of the side bar from March 25! Doing their homework in prep of the depo. Unfortunately no trascripts exist of that, but there is a transcript of the meeting both sides had with Judge strickland later that day.

Spokeswoman: No transcript of sidebar conference in Casey Anthony case
There's no transcript of "sidebar" conference from a Casey Anthony hearing on March 25, according to a spokeswoman.
12:28 PM EDT, July 24, 2009
<snipped>
Prosecutors assigned to the case against Casey Anthony said earlier this week they want a transcript of a "sidebar" conference from a hearing on March 25.

But a court official announced today that no such transcript exists.

A court reporter filed an affidavit Thursday saying the sidebar conference at the end of the hearing on March 25 was held off the record, according to a statement from a court spokeswoman to the media.

"Therefore, no transcript is available of that portion of the hearing,'' according to an email from Karen Connolly Levey.

She said transcripts of a separate, private meeting that day among Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland, Anthony's attorney and prosecutors was "on the record, but is sealed,'' she said in the message.

VIDEO: Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, turns over documents to State Attorney's Office 0:34
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-tivid-anthony-documents-072409,0,2577942.tivideo

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-court-transcripts-072409,0,2586872.story

GREAT WORK, ThoughtElf!!!!

Sounds to me like there is something sealed that we don't know about.

Maybe watching that particular hearing, right before they went to the sidebar, would provide some clues.

<She said transcripts of a separate, private meeting that day among Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland, Anthony's attorney and prosecutors was "on the record, but is sealed,'' she said in the message.>

Maybe just to clarify (because I think I understand the confusion)...

There are two places that Baez objects. The first is clearly about the right hand page in the photograph that is Exhibit 22.

The second one is when Miss Linda asks CA to tell what she saw KC taking from the house. This second one is CLEARLY about photographs and I'm sure it is sealed because Baez is paying himself by pimping out Caylee's pictures.

BUT - the ZIP IT! is because of the first objection (Exhibit 22).

MM, here is a bit about the box of items JB turned over to the FBI that you were looking for earlier:

UPDATED: More Info Released In Anthony Case
POSTED: Thursday, July 30, 2009
UPDATED: 2:24 pm EDT July 30, 2009
<snipped>
According to one of the documents, Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, turned over a box full of items to the FBI. Among the items in the box were a Spiderman toothbrush, Tylenol drops, three children's books, toy food and utensils, a pillow case, a bed sheet and a pink hat.

According to Casey Anthony's defense team spokeswoman Marti Mackenzie, a day after remains were found near the Anthony family home and a search warrant was served at the house, the defense notified the FBI and the Orange County Sheriff's Office that it had some of the family's belongings in its possession.

Baez was holding the items to obtain a DNA profile for the defense team, said Mackenzie, who added that Baez immediately turned the items over the FBI in December. The FBI forwarded the items to Orange County Sheriff's Office in April.

The defense also presented a four-page report entitled "independent forensics DNA testing and technologies." It's not known if the report was put together by Casey Anthony's defense team.

The documents also show that Cindy Anthony tried to provide detectives with proof that the mysterious baby sitter Zenaida Gonzalez existed.

Shortly after Caylee's disappearance, Cindy Anthony gave investigators several items that the baby sitter would have likely touched, such as toys and DVDs that Caylee reportedly took to Gonzalez's house.

READ: Newly Released Documents
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0730/20223432.pdf

Article:
[URL="http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20222752/detail.html"]http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20222752/detail.html[/URL]

Ok, why did JB have the pillowcase & bed sheet - and were they Winnie the Pooh?

MM, here is a bit about the box of items JB turned over to the FBI that you were looking for earlier:

Ok, why did JB have the pillowcase & bed sheet - and were they Winnie the Pooh?

The top sheet was winnie the pooh (see left hand page of Exhibit 22).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back