FL FL - Wendy Huggy, 16, Clearwater, 7 April 1982

She was pregnant? I wonder why that was never released before. If she had met some demise it would have been a clue to matching her up with an unidentified doe.

<modsnip: Naming random people not officially named by LE to be a POI or suspect is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
DSullivan,

I would like to sincerely thank you for bringing your article here and posting it in full.
So many times I have clicked ever so many links to articles about missing persons only to have the "404" message or the pay for archives message.

I have often thought perhaps "There oughta be a law!" that missing persons info and articles should be saved until they are located or at least we should be able to copy the articles in full without worrying about copyright. Perhaps a campaign to have reporters write a note at the bottom to "Feel free to copy in full", idk. I understand "clicks" for the source page but maybe, just maybe missing persons should be exempt. Dreaming, I know...

Anyway, thank you ever so much, truly.

DSN

(Waving at Sluethster :) )

ETA: ...and LadyGator

So, it's been mentioned in a few places, Wendy Lynn was pregnant. How pregnant?

It was news to me too! I only learned this from the article a few months ago. I would estemate at least 3-4 months, that's about how long she had been in Florida. Could have been more if she had found out before she left the husband.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

And do you think there's any chance she could be this pregnant UID, found in 1988 but estimated to have been there 3-5 years? No idea how she would have wound up in PA...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good find but I don't think it fits her with the clothing. I remember her being more tomboyish. Levi Cordory straight legs pants and band t-shirt type. Always the possibility though. Also, she was 5'9 or 5'10.

There was a time she was looked at being http://doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html
I believe she was ruled out though.

I didn't think the faces looked very close, either, but it can be hard to tell.

Hm, there's a UID in a band t-shirt I was looking at recently, too.

Do you think there's any chance the husband followed her to Florida?

I didn't think the faces looked very close, either, but it can be hard to tell.

Hm, there's a UID in a band t-shirt I was looking at recently, too.

Do you think there's any chance the husband followed her to Florida?

It's a possibility but no mention of it. I did see something about her coming to Florida to get away from him.

I just remember having a conversation with her and some of my friends about how she was married and I remember it just blew my mind to think about someone being married at 16, I was 15 at the time. She had said they weren't together any more. That was the day I met her at the storage unit where the group used to hang out and listen to the band practice.

It's a possibility but no mention of it. I did see something about her coming to Florida to get away from him.

I just remember having a conversation with her and some of my friends about how she was married and I remember it just blew my mind to think about someone being married at 16, I was 15 at the time. She had said they weren't together any more. That was the day I met her at the storage unit where the group used to hang out and listen to the band practice.

As far as the husband goes -- I was wondering if we should look for UIDs between Clearwater and Illinois, or just in the immediate area. It's sadly true that exes often do follow and murder the woman who left them :(

Wendy sounds like such a fun sweet person. Too nice to have something like this happen to her.

As far as the husband goes -- I was wondering if we should look for UIDs between Clearwater and Illinois, or just in the immediate area. It's sadly true that exes often do follow and murder the woman who left them :(

Wendy sounds like such a fun sweet person. Too nice to have something like this happen to her.

Good idea!

Yes, she was very laid back and sweet. I'm sure very trusting too. Which can be a bad thing sometimes. Her mom was a playboy bunny I guess. Must have been an interesting childhood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back