Danny Rollins

Status
Not open for further replies.

manatee

Reaction score
OMG! Why would CM bring up Danny Rolling! he was a serial killer! One of florida's most hated criminals after ted bundy.

I'm a florida gator and the Danny Rolling case is what began my interest in the law and I started watching court tv.
KC is worst than Danny Rolling because in my view she murdered her own child. Danny was obviously mentally ill...as all serial killers are :-(
are they going for mental illness?

I'm not sure why he decided to use DR in comparison to this case. I think he was trying to emphasize a particular circumstance and law, but IMO, it was lost, and all we were left with was him comparing KC to a serial killer who was on deathrow. Lol! Bad move, CM. I wonder if he will use the DR comparison at trial? I don't think it will do his client any favors if he does.

IIRC, HHJP mentioned Danny Rolling at a previous hearing and asked either CM or JB (can't remember which) if he was familiar with that case.

It struck me since I, too, am a Florida Gator and lived in Gainesville during the time of the student murders.

IIRC, HHJP mentioned Danny Rolling at a previous hearing and asked either CM or JB (can't remember which) if he was familiar with that case.

It struck me since I, too, am a Florida Gator and lived in Gainesville during the time of the student murders.

why would HHJP do this? what are we missing?

PS- Go Gators!

CM was referencing Rolling v. State of Florida regarding the inmate that was placed in Rolling's cell as an agent of the State. He was using that in support of his agent of the state argument.

In that case however, the inmate placed in the cell with Rolling to "talk" WAS in fact sent with a specific purpose.

CM was referencing Rolling v. State of Florida regarding the inmate that was placed in Rolling's cell as an agent of the State. He was using that in support of his agent of the state argument.

In that case however, the inmate placed in the cell with Rolling to "talk" WAS in fact sent with a specific purpose.

so how does this apply to this case? this would make sense with the pen pals...that's about it.

His father was a cop and he started his career in crime as a thief. Other than that I don't see a comparison unless HRHBP believes as I do, that the intended victims were everyone residing at her home address on Hopespring except herself who would walk in from her fake job and find the victims of the home invasion.
Maybe CM was his lawyer and made an error during the trial??

Thank you SOTS, my sense was HHJP was gently telling CM his "agents of the state" was not working if that was the parallel CM was drawing. HHJP looked unimpressed to me.

HHJP brought DR up when JB was whining about not getting to select the venue for his and ICA's "pick a jury" vacation. I believe HHJP pointed out that the jurors for the DR case (penalty phase only - DR pleaded guilty) were chosen in Gainesville -- at which point JB said something like, "You're assuming I agree with that decision." From HHJP's comments, I think DR must have filed an appeal based on the juror location -- and lost.

HHJP brought DR up when JB was whining about not getting to select the venue for his and ICA's "pick a jury" vacation. I believe HHJP pointed out that the jurors for the DR case (penalty phase only - DR pleaded guilty) were chosen in Gainesville -- at which point JB said something like, "You're assuming I agree with that decision." From HHJP's comments, I think DR must have filed an appeal based on the juror location -- and lost.
His name was Danny Rolling and you are absolutely right, it didn't have to do with snitches. It was all about the jury selection being done in the same town in which the murders took place and yet they were still able to seat a jury. He pled guilty as jury selection was taking place. The jury was seated and determined his punishment.

It has been a long time since I've posted but when I saw DR's name I had to add my two cents. I was the apartment manager where the first two girls were murdered. I was only 19 and helplessly watched my town, home, family, friends and myself brought to our knees by pure evil. DR viciously tortured & murdered 5 innocent people and tortured the living victims with his horrific actions.

The judge did not grant the change the venue or juror pool just because there was a high presence of media coverage. He did not observe any behaviors in the community and more importantly in the jurors that would prevent a fair trial. Gainesville/Alachua Co is ALOT smaller than Orlando/Orange Co.... I'm sure the good people of Central Florida will be able to rise to the occasion and meet their civic duty without prejudice just like my G'ville folks. He plead guilty, the evidence backed it up and warranted the death penalty... 'nuff said...

As far as comparing ICA & DR... severe personality disorder due to childhood trauma/abuse? possibly.... however.... they knew exactly what they were doing before, during and after.... and exhibited total lack of remorse except when shedding crocodile tears.

Wow, the sheer mention of Danny's name brought back a lot of terror. Personally, I had graduated prior to his rampage, but still had friends and future husband living there.

He didn't just kill women -- he'd take you out whether you were alone, or if you were with a male he'd take him out too. I didn't follow the trial, but I do remember the rumors that he placed the severed head of one of his victims on a bookshelf for cops to stumble upon. His crime scenes must haunt those officers to this day.

Thank God he's out of circulation. God bless the families of his victims.

It has been a long time since I've posted but when I saw DR's name I had to add my two cents. I was the apartment manager where the first two girls were murdered. I was only 19 and helplessly watched my town, home, family, friends and myself brought to our knees by pure evil. DR viciously tortured & murdered 5 innocent people and tortured the living victims with his horrific actions.

The judge did not grant the change the venue or juror pool just because there was a high presence of media coverage. He did not observe any behaviors in the community and more importantly in the jurors that would prevent a fair trial. Gainesville/Alachua Co is ALOT smaller than Orlando/Orange Co.... I'm sure the good people of Central Florida will be able to rise to the occasion and meet their civic duty without prejudice just like my G'ville folks. He plead guilty, the evidence backed it up and warranted the death penalty... 'nuff said...

As far as comparing ICA & DR... severe personality disorder due to childhood trauma/abuse? possibly.... however.... they knew exactly what they were doing before, during and after.... and exhibited total lack of remorse except when shedding crocodile tears.

Wow! Williamsburg? I lived there my freshman year and later moved to Mt. Vernon which was across the street from where the girl and guy where murdered...the last two. I had just left Gainesville the year prior and this was a very traumatic event for all of us who had felt so safe at UF. I believe classes starting were delayed and the entire town came to a stand still. very tragic.

I remember HHJP saying that DR's trial was held in gainesville and therefore it was possible to find a fair/impartial jury. However, DR confessed and they only had the penalty phase, right? Wouldn't that be nice if ICA would confess!
As far at the mental illness, I think both DR and ICA had/have some form of mental illness. But certainly knew right from wrong but did it anyway. I'm sure we will hear about how ICA was abused, etc... during the penalty phase. She will probably get LWOP, IMO.
Again, I was shocked with the comparison of DR with ICA.

I lived/worked at Mt. Vernon as an Asst. Mgr and then moved to Williamsburg as the Mgr... by major coincidence (and I like to think Christina was an angel watching over me that day) I was water skiing in Jax that Sunday with Christina Powell's ex-brother-in-law... I didn't find out that my friend's husband had been married to Christina's sister until the news broke that evening and they called me... If I had not gone to Jax or stopped in Waldo to buy tomatoes on the way home I would have been the one to open the door for Ray Barber (officer). I'm haunted to this day by the details alone, adding visuals would have been unimaginable to me.

Wow! Williamsburg? I lived there my freshman year and later moved to Mt. Vernon which was across the street from where the girl and guy where murdered...the last two. I had just left Gainesville the year prior and this was a very traumatic event for all of us who had felt so safe at UF. I believe classes starting were delayed and the entire town came to a stand still. very tragic.

I remember HHJP saying that DR's trial was held in gainesville and therefore it was possible to find a fair/impartial jury. However, DR confessed and they only had the penalty phase, right? Wouldn't that be nice if ICA would confess!
As far at the mental illness, I think both DR and ICA had/have some form of mental illness. But certainly knew right from wrong but did it anyway. I'm sure we will hear about how ICA was abused, etc... during the penalty phase. She will probably get LWOP, IMO.
Again, I was shocked with the comparison of DR with ICA.

Wow, the sheer mention of Danny's name brought back a lot of terror. Personally, I had graduated prior to his rampage, but still had friends and future husband living there.

He didn't just kill women -- he'd take you out whether you were alone, or if you were with a male he'd take him out too. I didn't follow the trial, but I do remember the rumors that he placed the severed head of one of his victims on a bookshelf for cops to stumble upon. His crime scenes must haunt those officers to this day.

Thank God he's out of circulation. God bless the families of his victims.

Yes, he did.... he did unimaginable, horrific things to all 5 of them before and after death... and to the crime scene (posing the bodies, drawing on the walls, etc.) allegedly simply for the shock value of it all.

Hey Im new to this topic . I was watching the dale hinmann show today she is a profiler and helped to catch this loser I think its called Investigators anyway have any of you seen this show they show his interrogation and all i could think is what a moron lol . He tells police he will talk but only if he can bring in his cell mate and when they sit down the police start asking him questions and this idiot whispers the awnsers in his celly's ear and has his cell mate then awnser and he is doing this because he believes that unless it comes out of his own mouth then they cant charge him. Thats how he planned on beating the system lol what a tool this guys is . Oh and lets not forget after he was chased through the woods they find his camp site and a video tape and sure enough he sings a song and then what does he do. He decides to leave his full name on the tape recorder .why not just leave an autograph at the crime scene Ha Ha.. anyway if u havnt seen the show check it out might be on utube not sure .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23