TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: did anyone see MP arrive at the home on the 30th for the "supposed" meeting with Gail that had "supposedly" been agreed upon.. This question was asked a few posts up by I believe carolina.. And this is something I too have wondered about.. With Gail's being last seen by Susie Button at 12:15 on the 30th and it being said that MP arrived shortly thereafter(10mins) that would make it around 12:25.. One would think it'd be quite likely that Susie Buttons did infact see MP arrive at the home a mere 10 mins after Gail's departure??.. I wonder if she did possibly see this??..

One other continued thought and question that I have is.. Is it infact true that the only person we have stating or having knowledge to this 12 pm meeting at the house with Gail is ONLY COMING FROM MATT??

This has stuck with me for a while and I am wanting clarification if it is only Matt that's stating and had knowledge of this "supposed"
12:00
Meeting for which he says Gail failed to show for and instead left out and abandoned her two children alone in the home??

TIA!

I've also wondered if Susie would have seen him, but I recall her saying she had to run up a hill to get to Gail as she was driving off, so it's possible that she might not usually see cars and just happened to see Gail's.

You're right, the only person we have to verify the times is Matt and Susie. He said she came home about noon, Susie said she left at 12:15, and that's it. At first we heard that Diane got a call from Gail just after she arrived back at the Signal Mountain home, but then another article said the last call from Gail was at 6:30 AM, so that's all up in the air, too.

Matt hasn't said anything publicly since the press conference, so I assume he's not going to provide any more info from now on.

Not about Gail, but some sort-of-related news from Chattanooga

"A Chattanooga man has been arrested after his estranged wife said she spotted him in her garage placing a tracking device on her van.

Sean Eric Taliaferro, 43, of 7356 Lee Highway, said his lawyer and private investigator directed him to place the device. " [LINK TO FULL ARTICLE]

Hmmm...I wonder who his lawyer and PI are?

Is surveilling wives a cottage industry down there or something?

Could this be a consideration of what is on the DVD from Best Buy?

Thanks glorias
for your reply concerning who/what we knew of corroborating Gail meeting MP..

And ITA with u now that mention the part about susie having to run up a hill In order to have visual of Gail leaving at 12;15.. That it's definitely good possibility that Susie didn't see Mp's "supposed" arrival some 10 mins later..

What I was getting at was a little different as in Was it only from Matt that we were told that there was a meeting at 12 btwn he And Gail to take place at the home where the kids were??

Is he the only one stating this?

Or is there someone such as the sister,Nicholls or Arlene that has corroborates that they too had knowledge of Gail having agreed or set up meeting with Matt at noon at their home??( via what most likely would have been told to them by Gail)..?? Do we know if either corroborates that there actually was a meeting set up that day for noon between the two at their home??

If we infact DO NOT have anything or anyone corroborating or backing up this supposed
Meeting.. Well, then IMO I have serious doubts even to there actually having been a meeting set up
For MP/Gail at noon of the 30th??

Hope that makes sense..and that I made clear enough what it is that I am asking if anyone knows of anything corroborating this "supposed" meeting...

TIA!!

Thanks glorias
for your reply concerning who/what we knew of corroborating Gail meeting MP..

If we infact DO NOT have anything or anyone corroborating or backing up this supposed
Meeting.. Well, then IMO I have serious doubts even to there actually having been a meeting set up

TIA!!

The only one stating this is MP. If Susie went back into her house after not getting Gail's attention, and knowing 'things' have been going on, did she watch the house? (I probably would have camped out by the window) If so, I imagine LE has that information.

I think they have a lot more now then we could imagine and it will all come out. I am sure bank records (alleged pin numbers changed by Gale per MP & rumors of money transfers), post office records (of change of address allegations by MP), and everything is being looked at by HC Sheriff's Ofc.

My concern is GP's sister stating, they are learning a lot about the both of them (MP AND GP) they didn't know about (paraphrasing). Of course I am sure she cannot say a thing for obvious reasons, and if it beings Gail back safe, so be it!

The other possible GF was in a news comment which said there was one in Ala also.

Oh, right, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, Jade. Someone did make a comment which I finally found here. Looks like that person came back a couple days later to say s/he was sorry, there wasn't a second girlfriend in Alabama. The only "official" girlfriend is the one Susie mentioned that someone close to the situation told us has been put on leave from BCBS just as Matt has.

By the way, on the subject of how long the kids were alone, the 10 minutes figure seems to come from comments here from ATRUEFRIEND, who is someone that also posted here on WS. In those comments they also say they had paperwork they gave to LE that had "proof" but no details on proof of what.

Oh, right, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, Jade. Someone did make a "girlfriend in both places" kind of comment in a news article, but I can't find it right now. The only "official" girlfriend is the one Susie mentioned that someone close to the situation says has been put on leave from BCBS just as Matt has.

By the way, on the subject of how long the kids were alone, the 10 minutes figure seems to come from comments here from ATRUEFRIEND, who is someone that also posted here on WS. In those comments they also say they had paperwork they gave to LE that had "proof."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/18/sightings-missing-signal-mountain-woman-uncomfirme/

According to ATRUEFRIEND in the comments it was the neighbor that saw him 10 mins. later. MP would have to drive by SB's house.

Thanks Sleuthy, I did eventually find it! I need to take better notes, seriously.

hollyblue, you're right, and I am really interested in that. They must be talking about Susie. I would LOVE to know if Susie saw that suspicious vehicle the same day Gail disappeared.

Not about Gail, but some sort-of-related news from Chattanooga

"A Chattanooga man has been arrested after his estranged wife said she spotted him in her garage placing a tracking device on her van.

Sean Eric Taliaferro, 43, of 7356 Lee Highway, said his lawyer and private investigator directed him to place the device. " [LINK TO FULL ARTICLE]

Hmmm...I wonder who his lawyer and PI are?

Is surveilling wives a cottage industry down there or something?

I would dearly love to know the name of his Private Investigator since we know the name of MP's from the letter to Arlene.

And we wonder why these women might be paranoid??? :banghead:

Didn't I read Arlene had plans to come to Chattanooga, Signal Mtn area this week for a three week period to help search for Gail?

WDEF Story

Arlene Durham is one determined friend. She plans to drive from Elmore county to chattanooga to spend the next three weeks looking for her friend.

I would dearly love to know the name of his Private Investigator since we know the name of MP's from the letter to Arlene.

And we wonder why these women might be paranoid??? :banghead:

I know, right? You have to wonder just how the PI knew she had the DVR and other papers. Was he following Arlene?

Matt's wife is missing after telling people she thought someone was following her. Matt then hired someone to follow/investigate his wife's friend(s). What was he thinking? Not only does it look bad, but it also shows he's asking to get possession of stuff that could actually be evidence LE wants.

Also, I couldn't make out the letterhead on the letter so maybe it was from his lawyer Bryan Hoss, but it wouldn't surprise me if the lawyer didn't know about the letter at all. I can't imagine a criminal defense lawyer would tell Matt that letter/PI thing was a good idea.

Regarding AD's possession of property-see, if AD has anything from Gail asking her specifically to hold the property and to turn it over to Gail (only), I believe she does not have to turn it over to anyone outside of a judges order.

Gail is not dead-So I am trying to remember the term, but I believe AD is acting on her behalf so she can legally hold on to whatever Gail gave her provided she has something from Gail indicating that she should keep it.

MP can claim, of course, that it is also marital property, but we are a long way from their stuff being split up. IIRC, legal separation simply prevents either of them from disposing of marital property until everything has been inventoried and declared on one of those asset forms. Like, he cannot sell the houses and land parcels or the furniture etc and she cannot take her money and run. Well AFTER he is granted the separation. She could empty her bank accounts now...

As to the who was tailing who scenario-I would think that if both had PI's, and I cannot remember if that is the case, the PI's should have a wealth of information on where each of them went up to and likely after the disappearance.

So, does anyone know if PIs can be compelled to turn over records of their investigations? Or if they are obligated to?

Sorry to be a pain, but not only does the 10 mins seem a little vague (if SB said, "10 mins" could she have been just meaning, "not long"? )where have we seen that Matt was at his mothers house when Gail brought the kids home?

Thanks..I will check the timeline again meanwhile!

As I recall, it was in a newslink, but again, it's his word. I'll try to find the link.

Also, for those who were wondering when he changed his cell phone number, in this article dated 5-17 it says he changed it the previous week, so that means around May 10...four days after he reported her missing.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news

Was it only from Matt that we were told that there was a meeting at 12 btwn he And Gail to take place at the home where the kids were??

Or is there someone such as the sister,Nicholls or Arlene that has corroborates that they too had knowledge of Gail having agreed or set up meeting with Matt at noon at their home??( via what most likely would have been told to them by Gail)..?? Do we know if either corroborates that there actually was a meeting set up that day for noon between the two at their home??

Hope that makes sense..and that I made clear enough what it is that I am asking if anyone knows of anything corroborating this "supposed" meeting...

TIA!!

I keep seeing questions pop up about the meeting and the 10 min., so I went back to the first thread and looked for the origins of these ideas. Post 58 and 59 of the first thread discuss the meeting. It is not a "supposed" meeting. Matt stated that he PROPOSED a meeting. The word supposed indicates that he claimed they did have a set meeting, but that you or others don't believe his claim. The actual term used in the article is PROPOSED. Proposed indicates that he offered to meet, but he did not state if she agreed to it or not. Paraphrasing the comment- He PROPOSED to meet with her, but when he arrived home she had dropped the kids off and was already gone. No mention of a "supposed" meeting or 10 min. time difference.

Further backtracking shows that the 10 minutes was brought out in a comment after and online newspaper article. I have no idea if it was meant as an exactly timed 10 min. (exp, did SB stand in her window and time it on a stop watch) or if someone just commented that it was about 10 mins (exp. SB or even the kids saying it was maybe 10 minutes or so). There is lots of room for guessing and interpretation there. We don't even know exactly who made the statement.

It seems to me that this is another instance of a statement being repeated and mis-repeated until it becomes considered a fact. If I have missed another article where the meeting is referred to as "supposed", could you please direct me to it.

Did anyone else notice that there was a big inconsistency in the story of why they were fighting on April 22, the day that Matt got out of the car and started to walk back home? The police were called.

Arlene Durham claims that the boat had been at the lake for 3 years, and yet Gail told the police that Matt wanted to drive there separately and tow the boat with the Jeep, while she wanted to drive there as a family. HUH???? If the boat was already at the lake, why would Gail say that????

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

As I recall, it was in a newslink, but again, it's his word. I'll try to find the link.

Also, for those who were wondering when he changed his cell phone number, in this article dated 5-17 it says he changed it the previous week, so that means around May 10...four days after he reported her missing.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news

Been considering the new phone number... is it possible that the authorities have taken his phone number in the event that Gail calls or someone calls demanding a ransom, etc-to maybe track such a call. If so, then he would probably still want a cell phone, you know contact with the kids, his family, etc.

To me this seems very logical.

The earlier articles indicate that Gail and Matt agreed to meet at the house, for lack of a better term. She dropped the kids off, clearly, and left. In his affidavit for the separation etc as reported to the media he indicated she left the kids without supervision.

The issue was picked apart because how long were they possibly unsupervised if she and Matt were both heading to the house? Less than an hour surely....Gail's neighbor saw her heading out around 12:15PM. So when did he show up? Anyone know?

Been considering the new phone number... is it possible that the authorities have taken his phone number in the event that Gail calls or someone calls demanding a ransom, etc-to maybe track such a call. If so, then he would probably still want a cell phone, you know contact with the kids, his family, etc.

To me this seems very logical.

They could put a tap or trace on his phone. It seems to me tapping or tracing an existing active number that she would be able to call herself from memory is a far more common approach-I have never heard of disconnecting a number at a residence and perhaps establishing the number at another location? :waitasec: Never say never of course....

ETA: I misunderstood. I thought Matt disconnected the HOUSE phone. His cell phone disconnected? *shrug* maybe too many reporters calling.

Did anyone else notice that there was a big inconsistency in the story of why they were fighting on April 22, the day that Matt got out of the car and started to walk back home? The police were called.

Arlene Durham claims that the boat had been at the lake for 3 years, and yet Gail told the police that Matt wanted to drive there separately and tow the boat with the Jeep, while she wanted to drive there as a family. HUH???? If the boat was already at the lake, why would Gail say that????

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

Don't think Matt or Gail said that he wanted to tow the boat from Chattanooga to the lake... maybe being that it was the beginning of spring/summer, he wanted to be able to tow the boat from the lake to somewhere to have it checked out or cleaned, etc. ( I don't have a boat, so don't know exactly what you do with one, but would assume that similar to a lawn mower, snow mobile etc, there would be some yearly/seasonal maintence envolved.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627