2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

This made me soooooooo angry!! One question JB, why did your client need to be coaxed to tell where her daughter was?? You would think that would have been her number one priority.

PS- BTW Jose, why weren't you looking for Caylee?

Not only was she not looking, she would not voluntarily give DNA to assist those who were looking.
Her number one priority as we know, was getting hold of Tony's phone number.

The motion about chloroform, unreal........he states that the findings were false........geez........He may get a few granted, but IMO most will be denied.

Yes, if I read this correctly, he is saying Dr. Arpad Vass lied about the chloroform, is not a forensic chemist, and the media called the body farm the body farm because it had shock value.
Wrong Wrong Wrong!
Dr. Vass studies the chemicals that occur in decomposing bodies. The Body Farm has always been called the Body Farm, ALWAYS!
He's not attacking the evidence, He's attacking the experts. He's trying this case within these motions.

What would be the difference if someone were sitting behind them and overheard their conversation and came on here and repeated it. They're in open court. Keep your mouth shut. Come prepared to court so you know what to say and how to say it. JB should not use court time to brush up on his legal skills. And legal pads are cheap, write it out if the mics are open. Somehow SA does not seem to have the same problem. Sounds like CM is venting his frustrations because he has no control. jmo

Good point! Or if someone in the gallery took a picture of them on their cell phone? The angle of that picture is suspicious to me, and equally perplexing is where on earth it was supposedly posted ... it was just kind of stuck into the exhibits ...

Does anyone know where Baez supposedly "found" it?

I think it was the last hearing when Jose was walking from the bench back to the defense table and said something to Finnell with his hand cupped over his mouth ... I thought how ironic for this media hound who kept this case in the news as much as possible to now be haunted by the media exposure at times when he obviously doesn't want to be ... it's fitting ...

Motion to Restrict In Court Photography/Videoing on page 3, number 11, where CM complains about the "bloggers" hearing comments made at the defense table via the microphone.... and even gives a couple of examples..... anyone notice that one of the examples is NOT KC saying, "Make him stop"!!!!! Guess he doesn't want to call extra special attention to that little ditty. :giggle:

They never seem to explain why they think these things are so important. Will she not get a fair trial because of it?

I just moved a dozen or so posts re: social/sex life over to the thread on that topic. If you're missing one ck starting here.

In the meantime, pls note the thread topic. If you need to dive into a detailed topic, please ck for an existing thread, or generate a new one. Thanks.

Good point! Or if someone in the gallery took a picture of them on their cell phone? The angle of that picture is suspicious to me, and equally perplexing is where on earth it was supposedly posted ... it was just kind of stuck into the exhibits ...

I think it was the last hearing when Jose was walking from the bench back to the defense table and said something to Finnell with his hand cupped over his mouth ... I thought how ironic for this media hound who kept this case in the news as much as possible to now be haunted by the media exposure at times when he obviously doesn't want to be ... it's fitting ...

Would it not have been proper for JB to have called over to the bailiff (quietly) and had that person removed since visitors are not permitted to use their phones in the courtroom. But then they are not suppose to chew gum either. lol Are you saying JB said this happened? If so, what motion was it in. Sorry I have not read them all. jmo

I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year than with my good buddies here! This thread is awesome & Beach? Awesome job !! :)))

Back on topic, I promise!! :D

I just moved a dozen or so posts re: social/sex life over to the thread on that topic. If you're missing one ck starting here.

In the meantime, pls note the thread topic. If you need to dive into a detailed topic, please ck for an existing thread, or generate a new one. Thanks.

Would that be the "Sex, lies and automobile car trunks"???

At what point does this end with the defense? I agree that everyone is entitled to the best counsel available to represent them, but honestly hasn't this gone far enough? If Judge is the no nonsense type he appears, there is no way that this type of behavior should be allowed any longer. At what point doesn't this become false and misleading and taking up too much of the court's precious time? Is there a bonus for the defense by filing this many motions? Do they get invisible credits on an imaginary billboard in the sky for number of preposterous motions filed on behalf of one client? Has Guiness World Book of Records been contacted? Honestly, how unnerving for the SA, the Judge, and the taxpayers of FL. Can't the judge order that JB (etal) can bring any motion they want - but better be prepared to show proof of your stuff or you will be fined heavily for unnecessary and unrecoverable loss of court resources? Stop the madness! (ok, I will step down off the soap box and stumble back in my corner - sorry guys - exit rant.)

Frankly, as poorly constructed as these motions are I am relieved to finally see them come to light. I am disappointed that they are so late and and unprofessional. These motions are an advantage to those of us who feel Casey is guilty because it, at least, will help us traverse into the field of justice. It shows the defense is making an effort which may prevent Casey from filing an accusation of incompetent counsel since they have finally filed something ~ anything.

If the motions are without merit they will be thrown out. If they have legal standing then they will remain ~ even if I think it is unfair.

But I am overjoyed that the defense finally had enough energy and hutzpah to finally do something. And the something that they've done, imo, will only be beneficial for the entire case. They are such dufuses! With all their lolling about and these last minute efforts, all they are doing is to continue to seal the fate that Casey and her family have already clinched. :cow:

Would it not have been proper for JB to have called over to the bailiff (quietly) and had that person removed since visitors are not permitted to use their phones in the courtroom. But then they are not suppose to chew gum either. lol Are you saying JB said this happened? If so, what motion was it in. Sorry I have not read them all. jmo

No, I'm just wondering who took the photo ... I think Jose is confusing the video cameras that do move in and out recording the whole courtroom and hearing ... it's just the angle from which that picture was taken is not the angle from the media feed ... just makes me wonder who took the photo and how did he become aware of it ?

Frankly, as poorly constructed as these motions are I am relieved to finally see them come to light. I am disappointed that they are so late and and unprofessional. These motions are an advantage to those of us who feel Casey is guilty because it, at least, will help us traverse into the field of justice. It shows the defense is making an effort which may prevent Casey from filing an accusation of incompetent counsel since they have finally filed something ~ anything.

If the motions are without merit they will be thrown out. If they have legal standing then they will remain ~ even if I think it is unfair.

But I am overjoyed that the defense finally had enough energy and hutzpah to finally do something. And the something that they've done, imo, will only be beneficial for the entire case. They are such dufuses! With all their lolling about and these last minute efforts, all they are doing is to continue to seal the fate that Casey and her family have already clinched. :cow:

I don't understand why they waited this long. I know the turnover rate is unbelievable on this "team" but shouldn't Baez have done this a long time ago? 5 months to trial seems to be cutting it close.

Thank you!

ITA - this "Stream" needs to be broken down since the gusher of new motions started flooded in around 11p est last night and continued into this morning. Just open new threads relevant to the motions you want to discuss.

The image attached as Exhibit A is so blurry I can't even tell what it is. BUT as far as the angle...from looking at it it's as if Spiderman had crawled out over the defense table, suspended himself by his web, and taken it from directly above.

JB has been whining about cameras from day 1. For someone with such an issue with photos, he's certainly not "camera shy". If this photo was snapped from behind...I can't help but be curious if it was right AFTER one of his chair spins to face the "gallery" and that "someone" knew to "get ready"?

As far as people hearing them (prior to anyone else being admitted)...discuss hours and comment that he must not know the mic was on........DID he NOT see the media camera that was already set up? And why would he wait to discuss hours until the DAY OF the hearing??

I said that day, that I suspected the "pre-hearing discussion" was intended to be heard. Call me a "nut" but anything is possible.

ETA
I knew I wasn't crazy...[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5852090&postcount=27"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5852090&postcount=27[/ame]

I don't know about anyone else... but I am so looking forward to seeing the look on HHJP's face when the whole subject of the motion to exclude the "Jib Jab" internet cartoon "because it so clearly must have been made and released by the prosecutors office in order to defame and ridicule the defendant" comes up. Somebody better call the courthouse department of "Chair and Pen maintenance" to tell them to be ready for a busy day Monday. Hizoner is gonna be rocking so hard he will appear blury on the TV cameras.

BBM

Don't forget "... and counsel for the defense"!!!!!! :banghead:

The title of this thread should read "flooded stream" or perhaps "river" of motions. It sure will be interesting to see Judge Perry's reaction when he learns of all these motions.

How about oceans of motions? I can't wait to see how all this plays out on Monday.

From the looks of it, the defence took a page out of Andrea Lyon's book and has flooded the court with motions, in an effort to overwhelm at the last minute. From the looks of it, the defence had these motions all ready. It's all strategy, IMO. The defence finally did something because they ran out of time. In fact, they didn't bother with the deadlines anyway. They're still in the game. Because it is all a game to them.

With every motion filed, they preserve her right to appeal. Just saying...

. . . and if they had filed none it would have invited an excuse for Casey to file that her representation was incompetent.

Either way it seems like the defense has the advantage, which is the way it was designed, I guess, in that they do not have to prove innocence but only lack of guilt.

IMO, the defense filed these all at once just to antagonize the prosecuters. I think he is a spiteful bast***! LOL! I hope it backfires and makes HHJP livid! Especially the way he worded the motion about the Jib jab video, and blamed the prosecuters.

IMO, the defense filed these all at once just to antagonize the prosecuters. I think he is a spiteful bast***! LOL! I hope it backfires and makes HHJP livid! Especially the way he worded the motion about the Jib jab video, and blamed the prosecuters.

Yes, that's something I'm confused about. Wasn't it confirmed that Joy W was the person who put that on the web? Wasn't it on her computer that was taken into evidence? Doesn't the state have to release discovery to the defense, regardless if it is going to be used in trial as evidence or not? Doesn't the SunShine law require that all discovery that is transferred from SA to defense be available to the public?

JibJab was not a jab from SA at all. Jose is trying to blame the state for creating this crapola when they were only doing its due diligence in complying with the SunShine laws.

Will HHJP see through all this stuff?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back