IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW's alibi is frustrating because it is entirely plausible, but not 100% provable. But, how many times would our own alibis be like that? I am about to sleep now and if a friend was murdered my alibi would be sleeping with my dog at my feet. It would be true, but since my dog lacks the ability to speak how would they prove it is true?

Hopefully other info clears him that we don't know like phone records of some sort.

JW's alibi is frustrating because it is entirely plausible, but not 100% provable. But, how many times would our own alibis be like that? I am about to sleep now and if a friend was murdered my alibi would be sleeping with my dog at my feet. It would be true, but since my dog lacks the ability to speak how would they prove it is true?

Hopefully other info clears him that we don't know like phone records of some sort.

So true. I hope these kids aren't involved more than they have said. My initial feeling was that it was a stranger abduction, but the comments by LS's mother to the "friends" begging them to come forward, etc., make me feel like there is involvement there. Obviously she is privy to info that we are not.

My heart aches for her, and her husband and daughters.

In your opinion it makes sense.

IF CR were so worried about the list you refer to then why would he walk past all of those security cameras on his way to getting the snot knocked out of him?
"Hey SmallWood security...here I am trespassing...again".

He didn't give a crap about that list and neither did LS. SmallWood officials talked about the list in an interview and all but said they don't enforce it.
They even went as far as to say that a person on that list could walk right by a security guard and they wouldn't necessarily notice because they don;t ask everyone for ID as they come and go out of the building.
The most that would have happened to CR if caught at SW is to be told to leave.

As for the actual cops showing up...ZO would have been cuffed and hauled off in a caged back seat like a dog. Any of his homies that had anything to say may have got to ride along.

No, the reason they didn't go in the apt is because they were not "allowed" to do so by the hall monitors all of which should be arrested and charged using the surveillance video as evidence.
Imo of course

You mean "hall monitor" as a joke for drunken young men hanging out in the hallway, or does Smallwood Management actually monitor the hallways?

You mean "hall monitor" as a joke for drunken young men hanging out in the hallway, or does Smallwood Management actually monitor the hallways?

This is in reference to the group of boys in the altercation...not SmallWood employees. Whether they were drunk or not..no idea.

Do we know FOR A FACT that LS had her apartment key card with her? What IF they had already been to her door, hadn't been able to get in and were going back to the elevator when he was alledgedly attacked?

Impossible scenario. Last sighting was when the activity (as LE describes) took place around 3AM. She would have been seen on video along her way home as well as at SW but there is no sighting of her on video after that time. Also, she didn't have her key. She would have to call someone up to come down and get her.

It has always bugged me that LE insists on not naming the person LS is seen with. In general they haven't named names at all, but for some reason this one bugs me. I keep thinking it is because she is seen on video with someone other than CR at times, and they do not want this info to get public. But then I talk myself out of it, since they really do not name anyone at any time AFAIK.

I believe that by what LE is releasing to the public, one can deduce that she was seen with CR on several videos heading to 5 North. What LR doesn't tell us is whether or not there is an additional person or persons on that video when the "activity" began - which one might speculate that something happened as they exited that alley and headed toward CRs apt. There could have been someone or several but I believe it is a known entity that she and CR walked together through that alley and were spotted on several cameras together. As LE isn't making a big deal of those sightings, apparently they must be uneventful up until the 3 AM sighting. Then they are tight lipped over what happened and who was there. By naming POIs, one can imagine it being anyone of those people.

This statement makes me fear the Spierer's don't know much more than we do.

I believe the Spierers know who is on that video. I believe the Spierers know all of the men involved in taking her somewhere (cell phone records, car searches, cadaver hits) but know that without a body, they may never get a conviction. I honestly believe the Spierers know who killed their daughter and are appealing to others who may have been witnesses to come forward and tell the truth, even anonymously, just to be able to bring their daughter home. I believe that LE has a mountain of evidence that we are not privy to and have listed these POIs in order of culpability, #1 being the killer, perhaps #2 disposing of the body, providing the drugs, etc. LE does not leave the family out of anything. They are informed of everything. But like LE, they have to be tight lipped as well to avoid botching a conviction. They're putting pressure on a POI or few and appealing to their conscience. This makes me think they know this person by the tone of their messages and tweets. Perhaps they know he didn't kill her per se, but was involved in hiding her body. That's the message I get from the Spierers. They aren't speaking to some Joe off the street so to speak. I believe this is someone they know and know well.

I believe the Spierers know who is on that video. I believe the Spierers know all of the men involved in taking her somewhere (cell phone records, car searches, cadaver hits) but know that without a body, they may never get a conviction. I honestly believe the Spierers know who killed their daughter and are appealing to others who may have been witnesses to come forward and tell the truth, even anonymously, just to be able to bring their daughter home. I believe that LE has a mountain of evidence that we are not privy to and have listed these POIs in order of culpability, #1 being the killer, perhaps #2 disposing of the body, providing the drugs, etc. LE does not leave the family out of anything. They are informed of everything. But like LE, they have to be tight lipped as well to avoid botching a conviction. They're putting pressure on a POI or few and appealing to their conscience. This makes me think they know this person by the tone of their messages and tweets. Perhaps they know he didn't kill her per se, but was involved in hiding her body. That's the message I get from the Spierers. They aren't speaking to some Joe off the street so to speak. I believe this is someone they know and know well.

I agree. It has become obvious by the appeals of the family that they know much more than what is public.

Actually, I think it would have to be lack of phone records in order to clear him, as that might help prove he was indeed asleep. But if there are texts telling him that Lauren was with CR, then he will likely remain on the list...LE has not come out and cleared him or anyone else, so it is very hard to get a feel for this.

Impossible scenario. Last sighting was when the activity (as LE describes) took place around 3AM. She would have been seen on video along her way home as well as at SW but there is no sighting of her on video after that time. Also, she didn't have her key. She would have to call someone up to come down and get her.

I was talking about when LS and CR were at SW and get got punched, not later in the evening. LE says she never "entered" her apartment. They never said whether she went to her door or not. So my suggestion was in response to why she and CR didn't just go into her apartment.

Does anyone else start their day thinking ... hoping "This could be the day." And when you hear sirens do my brethren in Bloomington think "They've found her." And when you see a cocky 30-something year-old driving a van do you think "That could be him" (as in the transporter)? I do.

Just want to say that ironically these past several days, I'm more hopeful than frustrated and I'm fine with the LE not showing their hand.

Does anyone else start their day thinking ... hoping "This could be the day." And when you hear sirens do my brethren in Bloomington think "They've found her." And when you see a cocky 30-something year-old driving a van do you think "That could be him" (as in the transporter)? I do.

Just want to say that ironically these past several days, I'm more hopeful than frustrated and I'm fine with the LE not showing their hand.

I'm more hopeful too. I think having heard the family come out on the side of LE and against protests (over the landfill search) has gone a long way to bolster my confidence that something will break in this case.

I was talking about when LS and CR were at SW and get got punched, not later in the evening. LE says she never "entered" her apartment. They never said whether she went to her door or not. So my suggestion was in response to why she and CR didn't just go into her apartment.
Are you suggesting HT wouldn't have let her in?

Assuming she was there, of course.

I have that same 'constantly in the back of my head' feeling.

And, with the confirmation that the family is satisfied with the job LE is doing, I really am hopeful that they know wayyy more than they're letting on - and that this case WILL be solved, sooner rather than later.

And I think that people need to stay out of their way!

Are you suggesting HT wouldn't have let her in?

Assuming she was there, of course.

Perhaps not... HT could have been
a) not at home
b) sleeping
c) mad at LS for going partying with CR
d) mad at LS for any number of things

We've talked a lot about the reports that the LS/JW relationship was in trouble, but aren't there indications that the LS/HT relationship was also kind of rocky? Although HT has verbalized a sense of loss, her behaviors haven't really been congruent with that IMO

and really, my original point that they could have been on the way BACK to the elevator from the apartment, was simply that -- we have assumed that they were on the way to the apartment and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't just have gone there to get away from the fight.

They were referred to as cadaver dogs, but I had the exact same question about if/how they were trained...

Does anyone know who Don Cranfill is? On the facebook page where this discussion took place, he stepped in to vouch for GSJ's cadaver dog story (at least the hit at the dumpster part) and weighed in about BPD's involvement. Bloomington peeps, is he connected to the investigation or search in some way, or just to GSJ?

Don Cranfill is a local resident here who is the point man for the Spierer's here in bloomington for the searches.

Has LE ever said if she was wearing any Jewelry or not?

FWIW:
I hesitate to even post this because it's second hand and also a theory from a detective from a town 30 miles from Bloomington so he might not have any more info than the general public and could be just going by his instincts... but with that caveat said... this LE person believes her body is in the landfill.

So basically, it's just a little more confirmation that the landfill scenario has credibility to even someone with an investigative background.

I do not believe LE has any idea where the body is. If they had an idea, then they would have been searching in that specific location rather than all over the place. So, that said, how could LE possibly know the body is not in a land fill?

Reading about another case I've followed, that of
"The drowning death of 18-year-old Sarah Townsend of Florence has been ruled a suicide, and toxicology tests revealed she had cocaine in her system when she died, authorities said Tuesday."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903999904576468281966350002.html

This brought to mind Lauren's case.... Wonder if police will go after someone who might have supplied Sarah with drugs? She was younger than Lauren, and actually I was surprised that drugs played a part in her death.... I can only image the part they played in Laurens case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado