TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know we've seen a lot of police departments doing a good job lately of cutting thru the BS of less than stellar parents, step parents, etc, at least getting someone in jail and charged...as with Zahra, Skelton boys, this case, etc...and none of those LE agencies were dealing with any sort of easy suspects.

(If only Portland could take a cue...)

The way the reporting has been going in this case maybe I should have put allegedly charged with capital murder but then again I am only the messenger so it's not my fault if the information turns out to be wrong! Just don't shoot the messenger!

:welcome: to: ALPUJOLS -- last thread closed to fast to welcome you properly!

Stormy - you rock, out there in the stormy to finally get us some information! Houston media, find her maybe she can show you how it is done! LOL[/Q

I got there..news 2 and channel 13 were both posted outside...and i parked. Had the kids with me and was quickly chastised for doing what they've been told not to do..talking to strangers! Anyways..I spoke with a guy..who is a carnie, but lives there..and is a self proclaimed caretaker..knows everyone, ecspecially the kids. Knew JF. He said he just returned the night before this happened. The mom came to him crying with a stack of fliers pleading for him to help her find her boy..I snapped a few pics....I asked if he knew of an arrest..which is why he ran over to channel 2 news people..he was pretty upset. Area is really shady. Apartments on both sides of the street..the ones called villa nueva and tiffany oaks.

I agree. My apologies ahead of time for the following rant. Blended families are nothing new. LE -competent LE - should be trained to deal with complicated things such as working with citizens other than a nuclear family - this is 2010 not 1950.

HPD effed up enormously by waiting 6-7 hours to enter this child into NCIC. It's got me thinking about a case in Chicago a 12 yr old, iirc 12, was not taken seriously as missing and found slain and raped later. CHPD has paid enormously and been scrutinezed to no end. HPD is gonna have some serious revamping of how they handle missing childrens cases as a result of this case and I smell a law suit coming to HPD in this one.

It sure seems tweens and early teens is a dangerous age to be taken seriously by LE when they go missing. We see too many of these cases where little kids are called runaways based on the economical status of their neighborhood and I for one am steamed about it!

end rant.

I respectfully disagree because it would be impossible for them to enter this child anywhere if they didn't have the full story about what had transpired. When a parent lies or deliberately withholds information from LE, how can they get an accurate picture in place enough to be able to put that child in NCIC? For all they knew, he was a runaway. If a lawsuit is filed, I don't believe there will be a judge in the state of Texas or anywhere else for that matter that would rule that the Houston Police Department or Harris County Sheriff's Department were anything less than stellar in their handling of this case considering all the circumstances they were provided from the very beginning of this case by the victim's family. It is up to the victim's family to provide truthful information in order for LE to assist them and try to locate that child. Had Jonathan's mother provided truthful information or provided them with all relevant information as to the activities that took place that day, including the truth about him staying with a babysitter, Jonathan could have been entered into the system a long time before he was. I call BS on that.

~JMO~

As I've sat here all afternoon watching and reading this case, I have to wonder why they keep saying the perp was in the step-dad's gold mercedes. The SD's car was impounded BEFORE they knew about this lady.

I think the media is confused and making ASSumptions that are NOT true!

Now, the drug connection, that makes sense! That MAY be why the mom and the SD were split up. MAYBE she just found out about his drug use. MAYBE! I've known someone who lived with a guy for two years, got married and after 6 months, found out he'd been using for 10 years!

JMHO
fran

I'm thinking, if unrelated people are involved, that it was likely drug related. I agree. However, they could have impounded the car before they knew who the suspect was. With a step-dad and inconsistencies they likely felt they had to impound SD's vehicle just to be safe. If they then viewed a video showing that same car with a recognizable woman in it, near the sight the body was dumped, or buying accelerant, then it makes sense.

Good question.... right now, I have a bottle of Pinot Grigio ready to have my crow with. Well, actually, I was on the fence about Mom's knowledge/involvement, but I must admit her constant confusion and story changes caused me to question her A LOT!!! I will apologize in full if needed. I have a really bad feeling about what we are going to hear about this case. Poor little guy. Reneelovesme.... you still here??? Oh, how I wish none of this was happening, and I wish SO bad that you and your family were not having to go thru this.

im atm thinkin the babysitter story was not a lie out of embarrasment it was a lie due to ad not wanting anyone to know the connection and dynamics of the two houses for cya reasons.... she says the sitters house which is HER house and I think she is making stories to why jf was exposed to ugly that day....not saying she is involved, just shes steady cya and adding to the confusion ....maybe protecting the sf and his poss involvment

While I, too, am annoyed that it took LE so long to put him into the system as a missing person and to issue an Amber Alert, I imagine that they took the 6 hours between 3:30 and 9:30 trying to get the story straight.

It must be difficult these days for the LE to figure out complicated family relationships (Bio mom, Step mom, Step father, bio father) especially with blended families, etc. Add in the fact that the mother was "afraid" to admit that Jonathan was left alone, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I for one feel badly for the mother and do not think she is involved. Her pain and confusion looks and sounds too genuine to me. If the media reports are to be believed, she is still hoping he is alive and is not accepting the fact that the burned body might be her son's.

My prayers are with Jonathan's extended family-- especially those who raised him for 6 years and showed him such incredible kindness.

from the get go... from early videos... she has been saying different things. I do not have the links... but from reading this case early on she was all over the place... whether that was the fault of the media, etc... I am not so sure.

I am not saying she is outright lying but from her portrayals in the media I am sure going to go share the salt block with my cows tonight! (but I will have something to chase it with.. sorry cows! Humans get all the treats)

And no.

I do not believe that this mother was clueless right now. But just from what I have witnessed.

I have a big hat and can take bites at any time... I hope I have to.... to be honest with you

HPD has said the mother basically intentionally misrepresented where he was because she was embarrassed he was home alone. (And I don't think she should've been. Plenty of 12 year olds stay home alone for small stretches of time.)

Assuming you are not dealing with drug use, mental illness, being a social outcast, prior run-ins with the law, guilt, or some other form of impairment.... People cover up through omission all the time. AD and DD remind me of parents that I have worked with as a teacher. Trying to get to the bottom of why a kid is absent can take a lot of sleuthing with some parents... Just my opinion, based on experience.

I understand why some would feel hinky about mom. She looks upset in videos but there are no real tears and her body language and mannerisms seem quirky to me.

However, I agree with those who feel there may be another explanation. Mine is this: Mom has not really raised this sweet, little boy. he was with his auntie Renee for several years, then "back" with grandma, IIRC, then only with mom for one month. Renee states mom only saw the child once in all the years Renee raised him. Maybe she is not as attached to Jonathan as many mothers would be. She may be feeling extremely guilty. Perhaps people have criticized her for not "doing right" by her son, not raising him, etc. Or perhaps they expressed doubts about her reclaiming her son. Rumor has it that she has a problem with telling the truth. Maybe she's just not that responsible in general but wanted to prove that she is a good parent and has cleaned up her act.

Then, only one month after she reclaims her son, he goes missing on her watch. Given the above, her first response may have been fear of being blamed for not being a good mom, responsible enough, protective enough. Not wanting to face the wrath of people who doubted her abilities, she lies. Anyhow, as it stands, from what is being reported, much of what she said has been confirmed to some degree and Jonathan's mom is not considered to be involved right now in a direct, criminal way.

If you watch the video with the woman being taken into custody, there is a garage or some other 'out' building. It's the one I posted with the black smoke-like marks on the outside (or at least that's what they seem to me). THAT'S where I think the burning took place.

Can you please post a link for the video! I have looked and looked. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

but why does "mona" do what she is alleged to do?

for all whats there are whys.

What is the why in this case?[/quot

My thoughts too, what is the motive?

Possibly drug related revenge? Debt stuff? Who knows what people on speed are capable of, if that's what's involved. And just looking at some of the players in this case, I'm sensing some drug use here. Mannerisms, etc.

Where does the guy they are looking for come in?

Perhaps he was seen in the Mercedes that, IIRC, was caught on video either at the dump site or where someone may have been buying something incriminating. All we know from reports is that a vehicle MAY have been caught on surveillance tape, connecting someone who may have been held for questioning. Maybe there were two people in the video?

So true! The reporters suck and people have been lying and changing stories from the beginning; not a good combination.

This is very surprising to me. It's not like it's some podunck backwater town. It's freakin Houston! A major city! I've seen news in some small towns but the larger cities always seem so much more professional. At least that's how it is here in the east.:waitasec:

Can we get a link or a screen cap of her picture/mug shot, please?

ABC13 mugshot:

Attachments

• abc13 mugshot.png
    abc13 mugshot.png
    218 KB · Views: 197
Does anyone have a link to today's video with mom at her doorway?

abc13.com has her mugshot and says she has been charged.

so horrible!!!

Is it current? I didn't look yet and haven't had time to view any media with her in it yet so I don't know what she looks like.
Here is the link to search the inmates at the Harris Co. jail.
I did not find her, there may be a lag from the time she is charged until she is booked and shows on the site.

http://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/

eta: nothing on Vinelink for her either

And some others that were shut down recently..code violations..is being turned into a rehab..(nice) I'm not real sure what all i can say just yet on here???

I agree. My apologies ahead of time for the following rant. Blended families are nothing new. LE -competent LE - should be trained to deal with complicated things such as working with citizens other than a nuclear family - this is 2010 not 1950.

HPD effed up enormously by waiting 6-7 hours to enter this child into NCIC. It's got me thinking about a case in Chicago a 12 yr old, iirc 12, was not taken seriously as missing and found slain and raped later. CHPD has paid enormously and been scrutinezed to no end. HPD is gonna have some serious revamping of how they handle missing childrens cases as a result of this case and I smell a law suit coming to HPD in this one.

It sure seems tweens and early teens is a dangerous age to be taken seriously by LE when they go missing. We see too many of these cases where little kids are called runaways based on the economical status of their neighborhood and I for one am steamed about it!

end rant.

I totally understand and agree with your rant -- especially regarding LEs response. If an Amber Alert or some other kind of public alert had been put out by the police on Christmas Eve, maybe there would have been a different ending to this-- who knows. It always amazed me how many caring people there are in the world who would maybe have given up Christmas day to do a door-to-door and property-yo-property search for him (ala Lacey Peterson). We'll never know.

Regarding the mother, there is something "hinky" about her-- be it substance abuse, spousal abuse, intelligence limitations, inexperience as a mother, lack of mothering skills-- but she seems to be genuinely broken up about this. I cannot judge her reaction because i don't know how I would react in such a situation. She made some BIG mistakes and those mistakes delayed the search. I hope she wasn't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie