Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently read an article outlining employment difficulties with his father. He has used up all his time off and someone was asking other employees to give him sick days and/or vacation days to help out.

http://wfse.blogspot.com/2010/07/kyron-hormans-grandfather-in-need-of.html

oh awesome find! But how sad about his work & leave. It's good to know that Kaine's parents have been able to stay out of the glare of media, but still be there for Kaine & the baby. What a relief to learn! :) Sounds like they weren't able to stay as long as they'd like and are trying to get back to Oregon.

This has been bugging me for some time and I haven't seen a post about it. Is it certain that Kyron was supposed to be in the talent show?

The talent show was held at 1:00. Since the whole school was involved and not just one class, I would assume it would last a while. Why then, wouldn't Terri AND/OR Kaine go down to the school to watch Kyron in the show? According to this article, they were both at home at 2:00. And if Kaine thought it might be too late, did he ask Terri WHY she wasn't down there when he arrived home? I think, had I gotten off work early as Kaine did, I'd drive by the school to see if I could catch my son in the talent competition, then go home and complete my work. (Unless of course I knew he wasn't going to be in it.)

http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html

Was Kaine working from home the day Kyron went missing? If so, when did Terri get home from the school?

No, I was in the office that day until about 1:45 and arrived back home a little after 2pm. Terri was already in the house, on her laptop, when I arrived. I kissed Kiara, grabbed some food, and worked from my home office until about 3:30 at which time I put shoes on Kiara and we started walking down toward the bus stop.

Does anyone know or have an accurate time of when the talent show ENDED?

Okay, I found it, the talent show didn't end until 2:45. So, again, I ask, IF Kyron was supposed to be in it as is stated here.

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

If Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, then we know why she didn't go, but why didn't Dad stop by on his way home from work?

From what I've found there were try-outs the day before. So there must have been some sort of a sign-up sheet. Is this the only statement we have of someone saying he was supposed to be in the talent show? Sounds like this woman was perhaps a talent show volunteer parent and that's why she knew he was supposed to be there?

The mystery family? Do/did these kids have involved paternal grandparents? Grandparent relationships are important, and lucky kids have fun with g'parents. Good subject, gwen. Extended family relationships? Or, more isolated (maybe we can see why, dad KH's brother in jail, allegedly an abusive father). We've heard from Desiree's sister, an auntie, early-on.

Hi Xin,

I'm a bit concerned about the "allegedly an abusive father" in the above i.e. perhaps it could be misunderstood? Is it rumor? It could certainly be a very painful rumor to grandparents who are sick at heart.

I don't think we know if there was an abusive father in Kaine's brother's life (and thus, perhaps KH's), but if there was -- weren't he and his brother adopted by the parents he has presently? If so, and if there was an abusive father, mightn't it most likely have been the birth father -- the father who gave up rights to the children to let them be adopted?

Hi Xin,

I'm a bit concerned about the "allegedly an abusive father" in the above i.e. perhaps it could be misunderstood? Is it rumor? It could certainly be a very painful rumor to grandparents who are sick at heart.

I don't think we know if there was an abusive father in Kaine's brother's life (and thus, perhaps KH's), but if there was -- weren't he and his brother adopted by the parents he has presently? If so, and if there was an abusive father, mightn't it most likely have been the birth father -- the father who gave up rights to the children to let them be adopted?

It's what was claimed by Kyron's uncle as an excuse for his own perverted behavior. (that he was abused by his grandfather)

When police interviewed him, Kristian Horman at first said he was asleep and couldn’t remember what had happened. Finally he confessed, according to court records, saying he was trying to “arouse and initiate relations” with the girl.

Police asked Kristian Horman what he was thinking about after the girl pulled away. He then revealed there was a history of abuse in the Horman family, court records show, and said his grandfather had abused him.

“He indicated that he was thinking about all the stuff his grandfather had done to him,” the court records say, “and remembering how he felt during the time.” Kristian Horman was sentenced June 16 to six months in jail.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/?SOURCE=RSS

Hello Calliope,

Thanks for clearing up this matter with links and reporting.

I am a grandmother, I could not stand the loss (disappearance) of my 7 year old precious grandson coupled with anyone subsequently and wrongly thinking that my husband might have abused any child, particularly one of his own children -- it would absolutely kill me.

Kaine Horman pays visit to Kyron's 'wall of hope'
KGW Posted on July 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM
Updated today at 5:09 PM

kaine+wall+1.jpg

Kaine Horman made a pilgrimage to the “wall of hope” Wednesday afternoon, and in an interview with KGW said he was as hopeful as ever that his 7-year-old son would be coming home.

At the wall of hope, Kaine left letters he’s received from people all over the country who are praying for his son's safe return.

Article: http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-at-wall-of-hope-kyron-missing-portland-98971209.html

Raw video: http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-v...-of-hope-kyron-missing-portland-98973929.html

More photos in slideshow: http://www.kgw.com/news/slideshows/Photos-Kaine-Horman-at-the-Wall-of-Hope-98967729.html

Be sure to watch the video - Kaine answers a few questions, but keeps saying he doesn't want to talk about Terri, he wants to concentrate on Kyron.

What a heartbreaking video. My heart breaks for him. He's going to need a lot of prayers and support. God bless him, comfort him and give him strength.

He says he envisions Kyron coming home every minute of every day.

So often, I get caught up in the details surrounding a child's disappearance. I admit that sometimes I forget to acknowlege daily the profound pain the loved ones of missing children are experiencing. Even though I try my best to keep my focus on the child that is missing.

Today, watching Kyron's father speak. I could feel his pain. I will continue to pray for Kyron to come home. I will also continue to pray for Kyron's parents and especially the children within that family.

I think that today, we got a glimpse into a reality that is unimaginable for any of us who love a child.

Thanks BeanE for sharing that video.

I see a change; I wonder what he was told in his meeting with LE :(

He is truly broken. He's holding on to all hope. My heart aches for him.

I won't give up praying for Kyron and will remain hopeful, that he will be found one way or another.

Wow - that was heart-melting. I apprecited the reporter, not being too pushy, but asking about Kyron. I know she tried to get a couple of Terri questions in there, but backed off. You can clearly see a man with a huge broken heart.

MOO

Mel

How anyone can possibly think he had anything to do with Kyron going missing is beyond me. I am almost in tears after watching this video. Where are you, Kyron, baby? I just wish someone would bring you home! You are so lucky to have loving father like Kaine.

My heart just breaks for KH...

How anyone can possibly think he had anything to do with Kyron going missing is beyond me. I am almost in tears after watching this video. Where are you, Kyron, baby? I just wish someone would bring you home! You are so lucky to have loving father like Kaine.

I'm right there with you.

was Kaine still wearing his wedding ring?
when talking with his hands, I thought I saw a ring on his left hand.

Why no plea to the kidnapper (s) if Kaine thinks Kyron is still out there???

Watching that is almost unbearable. My heart literally hurts for Kaine (and for Desiree). I just cannot imagine what they go through every heartwrenching minute sweet Kyron isn't with them. :( WHY can't he be home??

I agree wholeheartedly. This is a broken man who would do anything to have his boy home. :(

Maybe he was told in his session with LE that they are going back to the beginning with the investigation, that they are at a dead end with Terri for the moment, and looking at other possibilities. That would be pretty scary for him as he and Desiree seemed to need it to be Terri, in order to Kyron maybe to be alive.

Who is "we" when Kaine talks about "we're putting up shelves" for the stuffed animals, etc? Is Kaine including Desiree in the preparation of Kyron's room for the homecoming, or does "we" refer to other family members? Just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member