17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do lawyers usually remember their clients from six or seven years ago or does it mean t
that GZ stood out?

IANAL but I remember hardly any of my clients from several years ago unless there was something extraordinary about them.
Think it is hard to broadbrush all lawyers as either having or not having the ability to remember someone.
Maybe , as you say, there was something extraordinary about him in either a good or bad way.
Maybe she re read his file to refresh or she remembers all her clients. Maybe she liked him or she has a good long term memory. I can think of a lot of reasons to remember someone.
JMHO of course.

It's a lie IF he deliberately misstated the reason for the suspension. I highly doubt however, that this teacher was directly involved in the disciplinary action against Trayvon. And it's very possible that teacher was misinformed by a fellow teacher or by school administrators. IMO.

Exactly. This teacher is not going to know the exact reason for Trayvon's suspension unless he was directly involved with it. I highly doubt this teacher is covering for Trayvon being violent. I say again, there is absolutely nothing in Trayvon's past to suggest he was a violent in the least. He was not out for blood that night. One teacher's misinformation does not make that a fact. Sheesh.

IMO....accusing this teacher of lying is extremely unjustified. The suspension HAS been said to be for tardies by a number of sources. The "unauthorized" release of records can certainly not be given priority over a teacher's statement, and suspensions can be issued for more than one reason. It is NOT an either/or situation.

Unjustified? Accusing? The teacher DID lie! If the teacher lied about the reason/length of suspension it is not a stretch to think that she *might* be lying about Trayvon's grades and character. All of the other "sources" were also lying when they claimed that Trayvon was suspended for tardies. Crump and at least Tracy knew the truth but kept telling the 5 day/tardy story because it did not fit the "image" they were selling to the MSM.

IMO I don't see any reason why GZ calling his father should be seen as ridiculous. Considering the situation, I definitely would have called my ex-magistrate judge father FIRST thing. I do not see that as him thinking daddy can get me out of this, but that dad is a magistrate/judge and can advise me. IMO I see nothing hinky about this.

I'm just glad he didn't call Sean Hannity first.

I can see why he would call his father if in fact he didn't have ready access to an attorney's number. And I honestly can't blame him for not wanting to open the phone book and point with his eyes shut.

It's a lie IF he deliberately misstated the reason for the suspension. I highly doubt however, that this teacher was directly involved in the disciplinary action against Trayvon. And it's very possible that teacher was misinformed by a fellow teacher or by school administrators. IMO.

Then the teacher should not have spoken on the matter if he was only going on rumors.

Exactly. This teacher is not going to know the exact reason for Trayvon's suspension unless he was directly involved with it. I highly doubt this teacher is covering for Trayvon being violent. I say again, there is absolutely nothing in Trayvon's past to suggest he was a violent in the least. He was not out for blood that night. One teacher's misinformation does not make that a fact. Sheesh.

If the teacher is not going to know the exact reason for the suspension, then how did he come up with tardies? Did he just pull it out of thin air? Was he following the MSM narrative? Did Crump or Jackson talk to him?

Unjustified? Accusing? The teacher DID lie! If the teacher lied about the reason/length of suspension it is not a stretch to think that she *might* be lying about Trayvon's grades and character. All of the other "sources" were also lying when they claimed that Trayvon was suspended for tardies. Crump and at least Tracy knew the truth but kept telling the 5 day/tardy story because it did not fit the "image" they were selling to the MSM.

By that token, we should throw out all five of Zimmerman's statements recounting the night of the shooting. After all, not only did he lie, he lied under oath about not knowing how old Trayvon was.

Then the teacher should not have spoken on the matter if he was only going on rumors.

So it's all a big conspiracy to cover for Trayvon? No one should try to speak out on Trayvon's behalf? He deserved to die? It seems like a lot of people genuinely like Trayvon. I don't see a problem with them speaking up for him since he can't speak up for himself anymore. But it's okay for GZ and everyone who knew him to talk about GZ and make him seem pure as the fallen snow? Both of them deserve to have people defend them. Trayvon is not less deserving here. There is no large conspiracy to frame GZ. I think I need to go find a tinfoil hat...

So I've been wondering, what was it about Trayvon that first made GZ notice him? What was it that Trayvon was doing that made GZ think he was acting suspicious ?

Seems to me there are plenty of individuals speaking to the media and stating rumors and theories as fact, and most of them are speaking in defense of GZ.

:moo:

It may have been the teachers understanding of the suspension. This is one of those issues that may not merit going around and around unless we find solid verification that the teacher was being dishonest. Maybe she heard from those *sources* and carried the info. But calling the teacher a liar is a stretch and name calling at this point. Call the teacher careless perhaps if she did not have firsthand knowledge.
So let's raise the level and be careful about characterizing peripheral players that are not integral to the case at this point.

No authentic school record has been cited as the source of Trayvon's academic record/history. To date the public is not privy to that record. Until we are, there is no way to document any of this without the "official transcript."

By that token, we should throw out all five of Zimmerman's statements recounting the night of the shooting. After all, not only did he lie, he lied under oath about not knowing how old Trayvon was.

If there are actually five statements (which has not been confirmed, AFAIK) then the most weight should be on the statements that are given under oath. So in a round-a-bout way, I guess my answer would be yes.

http://fox8.com/2012/04/11/george-zimmerman-charged-with-murder/

Zahra Umansky, an attorney who represented Zimmerman on 2005 charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest after an incident in a local bar — charges which were later dismissed — recalled he was actively involved in his defense, more so than other youths at that age might be. “He was very concerned,” she said.

She characterized Zimmerman as having a tendency to not accept what he’s told at face value. “He wants to take things and find out what’s going on. … He’s curious,” she said.

Sounds like he would have fit in well here at WS. :)

I believe it was his first time shooting someone and claiming self defense.

That is correct but it's always someone elses fault that GZ gets himself into things, like with his ex fiance..

Like with the ATF agent who he claims never ID'd himself but saw his friend in handcuffs, cussed the agent and pushed him...it's always someone elses fault...his pattern of not taking responsibility for any of his actions seem to go towards his personality..

And his father at the the bond hearing saying, only when he's provoked but quickly added, he turns the other cheek...which I don't believe is the truth..

They all seem to favor blaming someone else for GZ's actions...:banghead:

So I've been wondering, what was it about Trayvon that first made GZ notice him? What was it that Trayvon was doing that made GZ think he was acting suspicious ?

See 911 tape. ;)

GZ describes how TM is acting suspicious while walking/running and how "they" always get away.

Anything about TM that GZ may have noticed that made GZ suspicious, other than what GZ described on the 911 - would be pure conjecture. :cow:

IMO nobody at schools should make public comments about the disciplinary actions their students face and the reasons thereof. That sort of thing should be mostly confidential imo.

IMO....accusing this teacher of lying is extremely unjustified. The suspension HAS been said to be for tardies by a number of sources. The "unauthorized" release of records can certainly not be given priority over a teacher's statement, and suspensions can be issued for more than one reason. It is NOT an either/or situation.

Possibly, but I personally have never heard of a student being suspended for tardyness. It seems counterproductive to prevent a student from attending school as punishment for not attending school. Detention seems like a better punishment for tardyness. Suspension for tardyness does not pass the sniff test for me.

I would think the teacher would have reason to know about his grades first hand. As far as his suspension I don't think they are permitted to release that information so it may have been her attempt to tell the media it was nothing serious, such as tardiness, etc. without her being too specific. I would not think the teacher deliberately lied, just if you insist on knowing it wasn't for anything serious. jmo

If there are actually five statements (which has not been confirmed, AFAIK) then the most weight should be on the statements that are given under oath. So in a round-a-bout way, I guess my answer would be yes.

Then the same weight should be given to TM's school record, which none of us can see, so none of us know for sure what he was suspended for. We haven't seen GZ's actual police statements either. How we can judge the teacher but throw out GZ's five statements? This is so lopsided it's not even funny.

Remember when Robert Zimmerman said this during his Sean Hannity interview?

ZIMMERMAN: From where George's vehicle was, there's a sidewalk that goes to the next street over. Off of that sidewalk there's another sidewalk that goes between two rows of townhomes……George was walking down the main sidewalk to see if he could see where Trayvon was going. [2:08]

ZIMMERMAN: When the dispatcher said we know longer need you to do that, and George acknowledged OK. He no longer knew where Trayvon was. [2:26]
He continued walking down the sidewalk directly in front of him to the next street to get an address. He got an address.

He was walking back to his vehicle.

Trayvon came from his left side…from that area where the sidewalks meet…and started beating him.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-trayvon-martin-shooting?page=2#ixzz1svJVUFyf

It seems clear that he's saying the "attack" happened "from that area where the sidewalks meet", doesn't it?

Now, remember witness John's statement?

"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point.

Each of the units have 10' long privacy screen fences at their rear demising lines.

TMFieldVision1.png

Take at look at the layout for witness John's unit and the relationship of the sliding glass doors to these privacy fences I have drawn in red. Also notice the narrow upstairs bathroom window:

TMJohn2updwn-1.jpg

http://www.407re.com/RetreatatTwinLakes

Now notice the image in the attachment below:

It seems to me that both of these vantage points would have restricted ability to see the area where Robert Zimmerman, and apparently George Zimmerman, have said this attack/beating occurred.

Time will tell who's right and who's wrong in this deal, but something doesn't jive with these two stories.

Attachments

• TMJohnFieldVision.jpg
    TMJohnFieldVision.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics