GUILTY UK - Madison Horne, 2, beaten to death, Kelty, Fife, 20 April 2014

zwiebel

Reaction score
A man has been detained after the suspicious death of a two year-old girl, Madison Horne, in Croftangry :)() Rd, Kelty, Fife, Scotland.

Emergency services were summoned at 6.30pm Sunday, but could not save the child. Anne Marie White, Madison's mother, was not at home at the time. She has paid tribute to her little girl on FB. I don't know if anyone on FB can find and link it for us?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...dies-in-suspicious-incident-in-kelty-1.329395

Here is a photo of the little one. I don't think I can say what I think if anyone harmed that sweet little darling deliberately......

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/madison-horne-death-police-following-3437704

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 61
Okay. So from the Mail article it looks like people around the apartment heard shouting, and they called police, with 'concern for the child's welfare' not the boyfriend?

But mother says Kevin 'would not hurt his own kids', let alone Madison, so I guess police have just made a big mistake in detaining him? Just bad luck a two year old died somehow, on his watch?

This photo of Madison is just haunting. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ous-death-girl-2-carried-home-paramedics.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 68
Sorry, but all over the radio and online (and I guess on TV in the UK too) I'm hearing the mantra 'police are pursuing a positive line of enquiry'.

Really, what the heck? How can anything about the death of a toddler be 'positive'?

Whoever is giving the press briefings should have a rethink, in my opinion. It's clumsy and inappropriate.

Just ugh. Do Fife police sometimes pursue their enquiries in a non-positive manner then, that they need to highlight the difference in this case?

Okay. So from the Mail article it looks like people around the apartment heard shouting, and they called police, with 'concern for the child's welfare' not the boyfriend?

But mother says Kevin 'would not hurt his own kids', let alone Madison, so I guess police have just made a big mistake in detaining him? Just bad luck a two year old died somehow, on his watch?

This photo of Madison is just haunting. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ous-death-girl-2-carried-home-paramedics.html

Always great to see a "mother" defending ~*her man*~, even after the death of a child. If I had left a pet of mine in the care of others for even a second, and something had happened to him or her, I'd be suspicious of absolutely everyone who had come in contact. Friendship/romance should NOT trump caring for an animal, "LET ALONE" a child. So many willing adoptive parents out there who are okay with being single if it means providing for a family they can't otherwise have. Just agshjfgdh. Sorry for Rant #1276743, I just can't handle another case like this, and naturally I will sauté a hat if I'm reading this wrong.

So much benefit of the doubt being given to pointless wastes of carbon. All the time.

So many things I want to say about this, but like the poster above I don't want a time out.

Poor poor girl. RIP.

26 year-old Kevin Park has appeared in court charged with the murder of Madison.

He did not enter a plea and was not given bail.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...-death-being-treated-as-suspicious.1398064637

I am relieved about that, given that it seems (from what Madison's mother said) that Parks has children of his own. It may turn out to be an accident as she believes of course, but my personal opinion is that police are pretty sure this was murder, given how fast they made an arrest and brought charges.

I am sorry about moaning about Fife police's 'positive line of enquiry'. I know that's just police speak, and they deserve thanks for acting very fast on behalf of this little girl. Their actions have spoken much, much louder than their words.

The newspapers keep finding new pictures of Madison, and each one is more heartbreaking than the last.:( I cannot understand how anyone could hurt such a defenceless little girl.

Just ugh. Do Fife police sometimes pursue their enquiries in a non-positive manner then, that they need to highlight the difference in this case?
I think the "positive line of enquiry" thing means "positive" kind of the way a medical test might be "positive" for a disease--that is, they think they are on the right track toward finding the problem.

I just presumed that positive line of enquiry meant that it would actually lead somewhere - i.e. to solve the case, rather than it being a wild goose chase. I can see why it would seem inappropriate now that you've highlighed it zwiebel.

I wonder if the mum is still protesting his innocence, considering he's not trying to plead non guilty?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back