TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you asked what Billie thinks, but I am going to answer this one. I wish LE would find enough evidence to point to something - anything. Or if they already have evidence, act on it. Either haul Shawn in or clear him. Name the other POIs. Redo all the polys - and give them to more people. Question everyone who was anywhere near the house in the week before Hailey went missing. Get the thumbscrews out. Anything.

I am very frustrated. Hailey has been gone a month now, and everyone knows plenty about a whole lot of people... but no one knows a thing about Hailey. Where is she and how did she end up in whatever situation she is in? How are we going to get her back? Why is it taking so long?

Hugs & a nice glass of wine with your bubble bath. This is crazy and it's time for answers.

If you are talking about south of CCity.... there is Lake Champion out there. 163 runs past the eastern edge of it. Also, before the lake there are a couple (or three) rectangular tanks and big buildings where a guy used to raise fish. No idea if it is still in operation or not.

If you are talking north - I have no idea.

Edit - the water treatment plant is also south, but you have to go down Seven Wells Rd, and it is on the west side of the road.

I think I answered my own question. When I went back into map view, there is Lake Colorado City. Is there a power plant there that sits by the lake, on Hwy 163 (to the south west of CC?)

Well at Middle School, they are going to have 'Hailey Week'. And they are going to have a dance in her name sometime... my middle schooler is in her 'I don't know' mode right now, so all I know is that there are posters up around school about these things.

I honestly think that a lot of the kids don't really know how to act right now. Everyone wants to hope that she is coming home, but at the same time, everyone is afraid that she is not. It is hard enough for adults to deal with that, much less kids.

CZ, are you still as convinced as you were in the beginning that BD has been completely honest with you...or have you had any moments that give you pause?

Is Sparky Dean still on the case? Haven't heard a comment from him in days. I too wish TES would come. I know it was their organized search when Kay Harrelson's body was found in Lubbock back in 2006 (one of the two women who disappeared at lunch from the State School in Lubbock). They even used some remote controled flying camera type thingy to search properties they couldn't get permission to walk on and search.

I think I answered my own question. When I went back into map view, there is Lake Colorado City. Is there a power plant there that sits by the lake, on Hwy 163 (to the south west of CC?)

I said 163, but 208 is actually the HWY I was talking about. Sorry, to me, 163 is the Sterling City HWY, and 208 is the San Angelo HWY.

Yes, the power plant is on 163, and it is on the lake.

I know I have asked more than my share of questions, but do you know if SA and DD went to the PD with Billie to report Hailey missing? (If you know, of course) ..Also, how is DD holding up?

Is Sparky Dean still on the case? Haven't heard a comment from him in days. I too wish TES would come. I know it was their organized search when Kay Harrelson's body was found in Lubbock back in 2006 (one of the two women who disappeared at lunch from the State School in Lubbock). They even used some remote controled flying camera type thingy to search properties they couldn't get permission to walk on and search.

BBM: This is a super idea.

They could search some of the land that is currently being denied a search.

CZ: On Mon eve Dec 27th: Was there a particular purpose of SA and BD stopping by BD’s Mom’s home? What was done, said, etc? [I understand it was a 15 minute stop]

I know of one case of a missing child where someone was named by LE as a POI, then later, in a public announcement, cleared and taken off that status.

Does anyone know of a case of a missing child where someone was named a Suspect, and then later, officially taken off that status? I can't think of any off-hand, and just wondered if anybody else happened to know of one.

She was never known as a "missing child" to the media and the public, but LE said that JonBenet's parents were "under an umbrella of suspicion". The Ramseys were tried at a Grand Jury and both the governor of Colorado and the mayor of Boulder both made comments indicting that they believed the Ramseys killed JonBenet. And we all know that in 90s, they were right up there with OJ Simpson as wealthy people who got away with murder, in the minds of most of the country. The Ramseys were cleared in 2008 of any involvement in JonBenet's murder although there is some controversy about that; and if you want to read about it, you can check out the JBR forum here. LOL. I know she was never missing, but that's the best example I can think of where people were named suspects but later taken off that status. I think what happened in JonBenet's case would be pretty unusual though, since the Ramseys were cleared, but no one was convicted. It seems that in most cases, if the previously named suspects were cleared, it would be because they had caught the real killer.

Didn't LE in Maddie McCann's case indict that they believe Kate or Gerry or both were involved with her disappearance? Since then, have they said that Maddie was taken by a non-family member?

Also, I didn't follow the case but apparently, many people believed that Mark Lunsford was involved in Jessica Lunsford's disappearance. Was he ever named a suspect in her case? Obviously, with John Couey being convicted, he would have been taken off that status.

i really do think the residents of Mitchell co. are entitled too and should insist on an update on this case. So Le has a suspect in site, but, whoaaa, what if he's the wrong guy, there's a potential kidnapper/killer running around loose.
Resolving Haileys situation is extremely important, but so is the safety of the rest of folks.
Prayers for Hailey and her family and friends.

I said 163, but 208 is actually the HWY I was talking about. Sorry, to me, 163 is the Sterling City HWY, and 208 is the San Angelo HWY.

Yes, the power plant is on 163, and it is on the lake.

Sorry to bug you... do you know if that area has been well searched? With the "no pings" thing for the period of time with SA's phone... got me to do a little research about coverage in your area. I know there are some spots with limited/no coverage for both Verizon and ATT (which provides the tower service to the pre-paid providers). But, my hubby works in all of the different types of power plants and it is very common for him to not have any service when he right near the plant. Got me to thinking and wondering if this area was searched well.

She was never known as a "missing child" to the media and the public, but LE said that JonBenet's parents were "under an umbrella of suspicion". The Ramseys were tried at a Grand Jury and both the governor of Colorado and the mayor of Boulder both made comments indicting that they believed the Ramseys killed JonBenet. And we all know that in 90s, they were right up there with OJ Simpson as wealthy people who got away with murder, in the minds of most of the country. The Ramseys were cleared in 2008 of any involvement in JonBenet's murder although there is some controversy about that; and if you want to read about it, you can check out the JBR forum here. LOL. I know she was never missing, but that's the best example I can think of where people were named suspects but later taken off that status. I think what happened in JonBenet's case would be pretty unusual though, since the Ramseys were cleared, but no one was convicted.
[snipped]
That's putting it mildly, hawkeye! lol

Hello everyone, just getting off work and reading backwards. I see frustration (understandably) and I can tell Hailey hasn't been found yet. Has anything relevant come to light today in the case?

[snipped]
That's putting it mildly, hawkeye! lol

Especially when the New District Attorney has clearly stated that No One has been removed from beneath the Umbrella of Suspicion, including her family. Just the OT Facts!!!

Try again:

Any locals? I'm using Google earth. Can someone tell me what is situated off of I20, right along hwy 163. There appears to be two large connected bodies of water. Right along hwy 163 not far off of the interestate....there are some buildings there, and what looks like large concrete areas. There also appears to be some large tanks. Is this a water treatment plant??? It appears to be a lake on as there are docks and homes on the northern end.

You aren't talking about Lake Colorado City are you?
Morgan Creek Power Plant?
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/...colorado_city/media/images/locmap_600x409.gif

I haven't seen this interview, very possible I just missed it. Shades of R. Cummings at the beginning when her phone rings and she asked somebody in the background "who is it?"..and the person says "I don't know" ..then Billie says "well, don't answer it then". Keeping in mind that she has a new # THAT is odd to me..could of been somebody with info!! The whole interview is hinky and why do Billie's answers never really match the questions asked? :waitasec:...Definitely a MUST WATCH imo..She even has the nerve to say something about people holding back information and they need to come forward. As per usual, no plea for or to Hailey.. :(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toNJqberT7g[/ame]

Does anyone know if any member of LE, Texas Rangers or FBI are actively searching for HD. I keep hearing about searches but it seems like it's just volunteers at this point?

Hello everyone, just getting off work and reading backwards. I see frustration (understandably) and I can tell Hailey hasn't been found yet. Has anything relevant come to light today in the case?

:pullhair:...:shakehead:...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member