ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Some cases, for various reasons, seem to be contagious. They provoke and unsettle and divide, partly no doubt because of the issues they touch on and the experiences or strong personal views they can trigger in us posters. Then it's time for a sabbatical.

s

They can, but I've never seen a case where people were not only unsettled and tense about the case itself, but also looking round at every newbie wondering if the killer was posting in the same thread.

There have been several people also join in since Luka's arrest saying that they wanted to join in before but were too paranoid to post thinking that "it" was here. That's unprecedented in my experience here. As is the fact that some of the posters have actually watched a video of the murderer desecrating his victim's corpse, which includes footage of the victim alive at the start.

And all that does take its toll on people's nerves, so some people need to take a breather and a break from this case. MOO.

I really hate to see anyone leave this discussion, emotions are running high and a case like this is going to bring out strong opinions, SO WHAT, let people speak their minds, you speak yours in return and in the end we all learn something from eachother, there is no need at all to make any of this personal or to take it personally.

Yes, two accounts (one on Youtube and one on Dailymotion) both posted "inquires" about the 1lunatic1icepick video on May 15 and May 16. Both have the exact same videos and purport they are for "discussion" of the film. They both feature only still of him in the same outfit and room with the same music playing.

May 15 - alexivaloranreich

http://www.youtube.com/user/alexisvaloranreich

May 16 - anonymousgirl33

http://www.dailymotion.com/anonymousgirl33

Interestingly, also on May 16 was a one off post on a psychology forum asking about it and saying they heard about it. This user's name? Anonymousgirl4.

http://www.psychforums.com/antisocial-personality/topic89464.html

Obviously the sick guy planning "buzz" around it, especially since the victim was alive until May 24.

Oy! I assume LE has this info.?

Based on what I've read and seen so far, he seems stupid. When people try and look into his dealings for "clues," I dunno. He does not portray the intelligent killer type portrayed in the movies, as has been pointed out here before. It's hard to imagine that he is almost thirty years old, because his assumed names and behaviors seems like those that would belong to an adolescent rather than a man of almost 30 years.

Does anyone else get this impression?

Yes! He is a classic case of arrested development!

Rita VanVolkenberg. It was the first account I reported to the police. I think it's a good chance it was him, but don't quite have the same confidence given that the rest have been outted as "investigators". Perhaps he used the music from the RVV video as a response to it, but it also called him a Cannibal Serial Killer. I dunno anymore. I'm sick and a little disappointed with humanity right now. I am still trying to piece it together in my head to really settle with any kind of emotion about it all (meaning the fake accounts).

I feel those videos really confused things. I guess what makes me a bit unhappy is this gave LE false leads....maybe. And will LE decide not to take Internet leads or clues seriously now? I am happy the animal rights people came forward, to stop people from investigating false leads.

With the news that the body parts emailed to Vancouver-area schools might be connected to Magnotta (DNA has NOT confirmed yet), the Vancouver Sun has just published a great article focused on Magnotta's connection to Vancouver:

Luka Magnotta, suspect in body-parts case, had possible *advertiser censored* movie links in Vancouver
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Po...uver+schools/6741645/story.html#ixzz1x46iSG2f

Potential *advertiser censored* Link to Vancouver
Information on the Internet Adult Film Database shows Luka Rocco Magnotta performed in eight adult movies, including “Street Bait 996: Luka,” distributed by StreetBait.com.

Jeff Vanzetti, the owner and webmaster of the database site based in New Jersey, said the last of his movies may be the key.

“Back in 2003, (StreetBait) had an office in Vancouver,” he said. “It doesn’t mean they had a production studio there, or that he was ever in Vancouver.”

No one at StreetBait could be contacted for comment.

Also of interest:

Bankruptcy documents filed by Magnotta in Ontario in 2007 say he owed a Metro Vancouver leasing company $10,000.

The company is listed as Travelers Leasing, based in Burnaby, B.C., a Vancouver suburb.

More on the Bankruptcy:

The bankruptcy documents also show that in March 2007, Magnotta was making little money.

He owed $17,000 and had just $6,500 in assets. His job is listed as a server, and his monthly income was just $800.

Besides the leasing company, he owed $800 in parking tickets to the City of Toronto, $2,500 to his property management company and, collectively, thousands to utilities companies.

Thoughts?

I too would love to see his psych evaluation. I've read everything from multiple personalities, bipolar/manic, narcissist, pyschopath, genius, stunted emotional development. I'd like to see what the real diagnosis turns out to be.

I get the impression that he is very delusional, but not insane. Like he sees reality through thick narcissistic glasses and is incapable to see the world through another's eyes. He is too preoccupied with himself.

He certainly is not legally insane which as you know is different than clincally insane, he may be insane to you and I insofar as we say "well anyone who does something sick like that has to be batshit crazy and insane." But for purposes of mounting a legal defense of not guilty by reason of insanity it has to be shown first that he didnt know what he was doing was wrong, and I am pretty sure Luka knew what he was doing was not only wrong but incredibly sick and F'd up.

Hmmm...curiouser and curiouser.
St. George's School had a teacher, a former friend of Justin Trudeau, that was charged in August 2010, in connection with an international Facebook child-*advertiser censored* ring. He pled guilty.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/For...vertiser censored*+charges/6374185/story.html

We may never know why LM sent packages to the 2 schools, but I keep thinking there has to be some significance.

I too would love to see his psych evaluation. I've read everything from multiple personalities, bipolar/manic, narcissist, pyschopath, genius, stunted emotional development. I'd like to see what the real diagnosis turns out to be.

I dont know where you would get such information, perhaps during trial it will be become public and we will know, I certainly would love to know also. It is probably one or a combination of those things.

With regards to the body part being mailed to th St George's school in Vancouver, I don't know if this is a long shot, as to why LM mailed it there, but in 2010 a teacher from the school was dismissed, arrested and charged with 4 counts of obtaining and distributing child *advertiser censored*....

Christopher Ingvaldson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ingvaldson recently announced his desire to be the Liberal MP candidate in the district of Vancouver-Kingsway, and has a facebook, as well as several other social media groups dedicated to his political aspirations.
[edit]

He was a one-time close friend of Justin Trudeau, the Quebec MP and son of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau. Perhaps that's the Political connection as well?!

He was a one-time close friend of Justin Trudeau, the Quebec MP and son of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau. Perhaps that's the Political connection as well?!

Hi,

Just for the record, Justin Trudeau is not the Quebec MP. Mr. Jean Charest is. JT is a Liberal representative for one of the ridings in Montreal (Papineau district) which is not the same district LRM lived in.

Been reading some of the posts regarding LRM's legal representation. I'm sure he will be appointed a good attorney and will get a fair trial. Also, he will be very protected and the speculation that he may get shot is unfounded.

We've tried many high profile cases in Montreal and in this country without incident. If people like Bernardo, Rafferty, Williams and so many others can get a fair trial, Magnotta will too. Yes, on tax payers dollars but that is why we live in a democratic country. Everyone has the right to a fair trial. Innocent before guilt even though many like myself who follow these horrific trials will form an opinion before trial. This is a message board and not a courtroom. 12 jurors will be selected. I won't/can't be one of them. That's for sure.

35m Ed Hand‏@1310edhand

#Concordia may hold memorial to #JunLin if family wants one. They arrived in #Montreal and may soon make a public statement. #ottnews

si-lin-christmas-300.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/06/06/montreal-jun-lin-family.html?cmp=rss

Your family is here to take you home. :tears:

RIP Jun :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members