LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know much about the trafficking industry. I did watch a movie about it once, and there was a short thing at the end where they gave statistical info. I shuddered, wished I'd never watched it. But the reality is, we NEED to be aware of these things. If it's as big in Baton Rouge as they say it is, it could come to Lafayette in the near future and that is a very scary thought.

I live in BR and had no idea it was big here. Damn, another thing to keep me up at night. I agree that crime problems we have are likely to spread your way. Hoping things aren't as bad as you say, but this kind of stuff is usually down-played and not honestly reported.

The picture does seem to be altered but I couldn't swear to it. I could not get that white layer removed.

Versaillesenlarged.jpg

I believe I read that the PI was handing the info over to LE. No mention of any descriptions.

I sooo hope this is not Mickey, But whomever it is,...its a tragedy. Also, wanted to note, I have 9 piercings, gauged ears and 13 tattoos. I am absolutely not scary. Don't judge a book by its cover because you never know how much you'll enjoy the story!

Forgive the duplication, if someone has brought this to the attention of the board.

Interaction timeline of the Shunick up to May 31.
www.theadvertiser.com/misc/shunick/shunicktimeline.html

I draw your attention to the blue dots at the bottom of the map. Click on the dots to pull up a chronological sequence of case events.

Click on the sixth dot from the left and read the pop-up box.

I have argued here that the wording of the police release could be interpreted as meaning a white truck was observed following Mickey on Versailles and St. Landry.

Unless the individual at the Daily Advertiser is also confused, that does appear to be the case.

Has this been discussed?

After this heartbreaking news,(Bay St. Louis), I'm sure I'll be here all night...As I checked on my toddler, I looked at him with tears because I know one day his fairytale world will be crushed as he learns that there really ARE monsters after all...
Now let's get Mickey home!!

Just checked on my toddler too, I cannot believe the world she will grow up in, with people who do such horrible things to other human beings. There isn't any reason for any of this. Currently trying to figure out how I can stay on here all night, while keeping an eye on my sweet girl.

I keep thinking she crossed paths with someone else on a bike, don't know why...

One of the LE said there were many cyclists out at that time of night seen on the video footage before they spotted MS. Something about that statement stuck with me.

Oh and I so needed to get to bed early tonight!

Chief said that on NG interview

Forgive the duplication, if someone has brought this to the attention of the board.

Interaction timeline of the Shunick up to May 31.
www.theadvertiser.com/misc/shunick/shunicktimeline.html

I draw your attention to the blue dots at the bottom of the map. Click on the dots to pull up a chronological sequence of case events.

Click on the sixth dot from the left and read the pop-up box.

I have argued here that the wording of the police release could be interpreted as meaning a white truck was observed following Mickey on Versailles and St. Landry.

Unless the individual at the Daily Advertiser is also confused, that does appear to be the case.

Has this been discussed?

I totally agree, that's what it says and it says that in more than just one article, mind you!

I sooo hope this is not Mickey, But whomever it is,...its a tragedy. Also, wanted to note, I have 9 piercings, gauged ears and 13 tattoos. I am absolutely not scary. Don't judge a book by its cover because you never know how much you'll enjoy the story!

If you're referring to my post I was talking about documented gang members that have prison tattoos all over their heads and necks. many of my friends and family have tattoos and piercings I could care a less. Trust me you do not want to be anywhere near these people.

Well this is my take on the white blob, it won't pixelize even when blown up 150% which is unusual. Second, it's not the black car parked there that bothers me, it's the faint white truck (at least in my opinion) that's up in the right hand corner. And also the one in this other picture.

OOpps that's the negative

If that's a truck behind her, then its lights are off.

Me too and I'm sort of glad. lol!
All the piercing info - sounds as if it's painful.
These kids pierced and tattooed... Are the same kids when told they need a shot cry and say they HATE NEEDLES!!!
I tell them to pretend it's just another tat/piercing... I'll give them a bandaid and they will be fine...
I get that "look" and they conceed... silly kids!!!!

Lets assume for sake of argument that the gray blob in the Versailles video is the Z-71.

The distance from its rough position on Versailles to its position in front of Circle K is about 0.4 miles. The truck on Versaille looks about 250 feet or so behind Mickey.

That means this vehicle was trailing slowly behind her for very nearly a half a mile. Is it possible that she could not be aware of that? And if she was aware, why did she not pull into the Circle K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla