Why didn't Casey flee? **REVISIT OLD THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

Reaction score
With access to 2 cars for over a week each and $1400 from AH's bank account, why didn't Casey flee? It seems to me she had two really good opportunities with AH and AL out of town. She could have taken one of their vehicles without their knowledge and driven out of Florida, paying cash for gas along the way, then before the week was up and the car reported stolen, she could have dumped the car in a lake, walked to a bus station and paid cash and taken a bus to oblivion, but Casey didn't leave. Even when Cindy came and got her at AL's she still had $200 in her purse which is more than enough for a one way plane ticket to CA. (Although, I don't think she would have fled via plane as it would be too easy to trace her unless she had a false ID.) So why didn't she flee? What was holding her in Orlando?

I think Casey didn't flee because she didn't want to go to jail for car theft and didn't have enough money or a vehicle to drive if she did flee. Also, it would make her look more guilty of Caylee's disappearance and she wouldn't be the victim like she is trying to portray herself. Casey didn't have the guts to actually work while living at home much less if she fled with almost nothing.

She didn't flee because she thinks she's going to get away with it. Plain & simple.

With access to 2 cars for over a week each and $1400 from AH's bank account, why didn't Casey flee? It seems to me she had two really good opportunities with AH and AL out of town. She could have taken one of their vehicles without their knowledge and driven out of Florida, paying cash for gas along the way, then before the week was up and the car reported stolen, she could have dumped the car in a lake, walked to a bus station and paid cash and taken a bus to oblivion, but Casey didn't leave. Even when Cindy came and got her at AL's she still had $200 in her purse which is more than enough for a one way plane ticket to CA. (Although, I don't think she would have fled via plane as it would be too easy to trace her unless she had a false ID.) So why didn't she flee? What was holding her in Orlando?
That's a great question. Maybe she thought she could stay 2 steps ahead of everyone and never get caught. She does think she's smarter than everyone else. Could be the love/hate relationship she has with CA and couldn't bear to be away from her. 31 days had already passed by the time CA caught up with her, and she might have thought that she could evade her until she got her hands on more money. $200 can get you away, but what would she do once she got to where ever? She's used to the creature comforts. Hope at some point these questions are answered. BTW, I thought it was $700 she stole from AH.

I think she didn't flee because the girl is incapable of taking care of herself. Okay say she takes Amy's cash and flees. After she runs out of cash what is she going to do? Get a job, yea right!

She didn't flee because she's just plain stupid and wouldn't know how to survive without somebody else taking care of her.

On July 15th Cindy finally caught up with Casey and they were on their way to the police station, where Cindy intended on having Casey arrested for car theft and credit card fraud. The police station Cindy went to was closed, and while they were in the car, Cindy made a cell phone call to the police asking where she could take Casey and have her arrested. While Cindy was waiting for the operator to check something and get back on the line, you can hear Casey asking her mother to "just give me one more day."

I think if Cindy had given Casey that one more day, Casey would have found a way to disappear.

On July 15th Cindy finally caught up with Casey and they were on their way to the police station, where Cindy intended on having Casey arrested for car theft and credit card fraud. The police station Cindy went to was closed, and while they were in the car, Cindy made a cell phone call to the police asking where she could take Casey and have her arrested. While Cindy was waiting for the operator to check something and get back on the line, you can hear Casey asking her mother to "just give me one more day."

I think if Cindy had given Casey that one more day, Casey would have found a way to disappear.
I think she would have been off to Cali. But don;t you also think it odd that she did not fight Cindy calling the cops? I mean she just rolled over. Seems like she could have gotten Cindy to wait if she had really tried.
I kind of think she wanted to call in LE but just couldn't quite figure out how to make it happen.

I think she didn't flee because the girl is incapable of taking care of herself. Okay say she takes Amy's cash and flees. After she runs out of cash what is she going to do? Get a job, yea right!

Plus her main goal IMO was to get Caylee out of the way so she could focus on HERSELF (as if she wasn't doing that already!!) and play the live in girlfriend of TL. I don't think she thought about fleeing at all. Instead, she thought she could live a free and unsaddled life right under the thumb of her parents at TL's. KC has probably convinced herself in her head that she had NOTHING to do with Caylee's disappearance.

I think she would have been off to Cali. But don;t you also think it odd that she did not fight Cindy calling the cops? I mean she just rolled over. Seems like she could have gotten Cindy to wait if she had really tried.
I kind of think she wanted to call in LE but just couldn't quite figure out how to make it happen.

She did ask her mom for an extra day.
I guess her scheme was not set in place properly!

She did ask her mom for an extra day.
I guess her scheme was not set in place properly!
Hi frip. yes she did ask, but she didn't really push very hard as far as I know. I mean it was kind of a half hearted attempt for someone trying to escape Murder 1.
Seems she would have been begging her to not go to the cops.

She didn't flee because her plan was not in place. IMO , she killed Caylee out of anger when she had the blow out with mom. Dont know what she did with her body but maybe it was in the trunk. I think she removed it, planned for the car to be stolen, her story being she was jacked, some huge drama about how she was able to get free but couldnt get Caylee out of the car seat, boo hoo dont know my baby is now. Well that plan fell apart when the car was not stolen as I thinked was planned. SO, gotta have a new story. Mom is demanding to see Caylee ( so would I ) so she knows she cant go back to moms to live with no Caylee. Can't stay Tony as she knows mom will find her cause she knows if her mom is determined to see that baby she will. Casey has to have a new plan. Enter the marine from CA. These young guys all like having a pretty girl to show off to their buds, they are gung ho on saving the world and just as gung ho on saving a damsel in distress. She was talking to him a lot at the end most likely trying to get some $$ from him to get on a plane. All she would have to tell her mom is she & Caylee left town to get their life together & she would keep in touch. She might even tell mom she isnt going to give her an addy or even a city she is lving in b/c she needed it to be just her and Caylee. Mom had told her she needed to be more involved in Caylee's life, she would convince mom that is what she was doing, gone go out, make you proud, be just like you mom. Casey knew her jig was up in Orlando, she had scammed to many times. she needed a fresh place & I think she was counting on the marine to be her ticket out. She just hadnt finished that plan before mom found her. Had she not been found, my bet is she would have been out of Florida within the next couple days. Either plan had her playing a victims..........we got car jacked, I got out but I dont know where my baby is.

I wonder if that Marine in Calif. could have been her next "lily pad" boyfriend. Man, if she fled to Calif. and told every that she and Caylee were doing fine and that she would be back in touch soon, she probably could have put ALOT of distance from this mess. Her parents would have breathed a sigh of relief to not have to watch out for her and would be dreaming that she was finally growing up and taking action in her life. Who would have checked on her if she told them the right amount of lies? I am wondering if her parents would have taken her words as golden on this......especially after smelling the car. But if she had fled to Cali for a new guy w/o Caylee this would have been an incredible mess for her to explain Caylee being at the babysitters when they did find her.

I believe she was going to flee to California with the Marine from 29 Palms. She had every intention of fleeing. Maybe she was setting all of this up to look like Caylee had been abducted and then Casey would go missing and never face prosecution because LE would think she had been the victim of crime as well.

I think she WAS aiming to flee to Cali, but got busted before she could set things in place.

and you cant fix STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sheesh:

I think because she has gotten away with so much before, she just thought she would get away with this. Remember when she stole $ from JG and RG called Cindy. All Cindy would say is "Well it's only one time". There have been countless others, probably thousands. Her cockiness in her facial expressions proves this. Haven't seen her lately though. You think she's looking more like she hasn't gotten away with it? :furious:

Hi frip. yes she did ask, but she didn't really push very hard as far as I know. I mean it was kind of a half hearted attempt for someone trying to escape Murder 1.
Seems she would have been begging her to not go to the cops.

yeah :) probably figured there would be a manhunt for her and she maybe thought she covered up enough and should probably just take a chance. think he scheme was much more devious and she was trying to lay more ground work to blame someone else, I have always wondered, since first hearing that, what she would have done with that one extra day.

I think she WAS aiming to flee to Cali, but got busted before she could set things in place.

I don't think she intended on going to Cali whatsoever. I think she was trying to get that guy to send her money for a plane ticket. As a predator, she was always looking for ways to get money.

Just like when she was talking to that cop- yanking his chain saying the babysitter is in traffic, picking up her dog, etc. She was trying to manipulate him into saying "come over and bring Caylee," but he was not budging!

She didn't flee because she didn't see herself in danger of being arrested. Remember, when she was in jail and said she got arrested on a "#$%^ whim!" She was def surprised to be arrested.

JoAnn_W

I believe she was going to flee to California with the Marine from 29 Palms. She had every intention of fleeing. Maybe she was setting all of this up to look like Caylee had been abducted and then Casey would go missing and never face prosecution because LE would think she had been the victim of crime as well.

I agree. I don't think her plans to leave for California were complete. I also believe if Cindy had waited another 2-3 days, KC would've been gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado