IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Hard-hitting report.

If you have some information, why don't you write a story or better yet, talk with the police? You have alluded to know who was in the alley; write about that.

I still think CR's story of about not remembering anything is BS...unless he witnessed something that his mind wants to block out.

...or he was in just as bad of shape as LS was at 3:30 and was on the verge of passing out...drug/alcohol mixing possibly.

Regarding the latest TG theory:
It's hard for me to believe that the mystery man was with Lauren in the alley and either still with her at 3:38 or had become reunited with her after she was at CR's. Why would CR, MB, and JR all make up stories to cover for the mystery man if they weren't involved. I know some people think the mystery man was at Indy 500 and this same person is also thought to be close friends with the person who punched CR. Even if the mystery man and CR/MB/JR were all friends, I can't see a reason for these three to cover for anyone else.
If this theory is true, the mystery man and the group he is with are getting off easy in the public. We can't even talk use these people's initials and since they are unnamed in the press there isn't any public pressure on them.
Even if CR/MB/JR were in on it at the beginning, by now it seems they would have spoken up to clear themselves and implicate the others by now.
It's a big IF, Ingra. How did those names enter the picture? Is there even one credible source? One individual who will state publicly, using his real name, that either or both of the guys in question encountered Lauren that night? Is there a photograph or video that puts them in the same place at the same time?

Having said that, we're going to allow a little more discussion about them. Their initials won't be snipped from posts anymore, at least for now. If we exercise discretion and post responsibly, we can speculate on their possible involvement. But honestly, no theory is worthy if we don't first establish a reasonable basis for including them in it.

If you have some information, why don't you write a story or better yet, talk with the police? You have alluded to know who was in the alley; write about that.

Did not "allude" to that. Was asked if I had an opinion on who it may be and I said yes. Not going to write about that since it's just my opinion.

I have been following from day one but cannot recall when LS actually lost her keys/purse with credit cards. Was it before she supposedly arrived at 5 North or on her supposed walk back to Smallwood where JR said he last saw her?

Thank you!

If the man in the article isn't JR, why would JR tell HT he watched Lauren walk home and give details about wanting to make sure she didn't stumble, etc.?
Or do you think two different people watched her 'walk home', neither of these men offering to walk with her, and when the first watched her walk away she went in the opposite direction from Smallwood and he didn't know where she lived?
If the mystery man is AB (thanks for allowing the use of initials, Bessie) then most likely he knows where she lives.

I have been following from day one but cannot recall when LS actually lost her keys/purse with credit cards. Was it before she supposedly arrived at 5 North or on her supposed walk back to Smallwood where JR said he last saw her?

Thank you!

We don't know when she lost her keys/purse. She could have lost them earlier at 12:30 when she went with DR to JR's. She could have lost them after she left Smallwood at 2:48. If she lost them after that, JR probably didn't watch her walk very far. JMO

I'm sure most of the lawyering up was facilitated by the parents. Wealthier parents who regularly use lawyers for business are going to do that. I saw it happen when I was in college and kids I knew got in relatively minor trouble. Not something my parents, being lower middle class, would have necessarily thought of, but the wealthier kids got taken care of in that way. Now you can draw conclusions about parents protecting their kids or being complicit in not doing the right thing but I think the parents have played a big role in the hiring of attorneys.

(And in no way am I making a blanket statement that wealthier families are less moral or anything like that, just that the wealthier kids who got in trouble dealt with their problems through attorneys)

We don't know when she lost her keys/purse. She could have lost them earlier at 12:30 when she went with DR to JR's. She could have lost them after she left Smallwood at 2:48. If she lost them after that, JR probably didn't watch her walk very far. JMO

I asked because most of the posts that I have read question, "How could JR let her walk home without her cell phone, keys, purse, etc? We know that she did not have her cell phone after Kilroys's because she left it there, but there is uncertainty regarding if she had her key to Smallwood or her purse when she supposedly left 5 North at around 4:30 am walking back to Smallwood. IMO, I don't think she ever arrived at 5 North, but that's just my gut feeling.

JW was probably the only one who had a good reason to hire a lawyer, being the boyfriend, who is always a POI/potential suspect in such cases. But I am convinced that he is completely innocent and unrelated to the case. All his actions were consistent with a concerned person who was trying to find Lauren and then called her parents and told them she was missing.

What actions were reported which are consistent with being a concerned person? Surely not the response to the WPIX reporter?

It's a big IF, Ingra. How did those names enter the picture? Is there even one credible source? One individual who will state publicly, using his real name, that either or both of the guys in question encountered Lauren that night? Is there a photograph or video that puts them in the same place at the same time?

Having said that, we're going to allow a little more discussion about them. Their initials won't be snipped from posts anymore, at least for now. If we exercise discretion and post responsibly, we can speculate on their possible involvement. But honestly, no theory is worthy if we don't first establish a reasonable basis for including them in it.

Didn't CR's attorney demand two days ago that ZO be arrested for assaulting his client.
CR has no recollection of the event so the entire case revolves around the security video from Small Wood which caught the entire confrontation...according to LE.

I'm sure most of the lawyering up was facilitated by the parents. Wealthier parents who regularly use lawyers for business are going to do that. I saw it happen when I was in college and kids I knew got in relatively minor trouble. Not something my parents, being lower middle class, would have necessarily thought of, but the wealthier kids got taken care of in that way. Now you can draw conclusions about parents protecting their kids or being complicit in not doing the right thing but I think the parents have played a big role in the hiring of attorneys.

(And in no way am I making a blanket statement that wealthier families are less moral or anything like that, just that the wealthier kids who got in trouble dealt with their problems through attorneys)

There may also be precautionary measures in play here.
If civil action is brought by the Spierer family then anyone who may have contributed to LS's impairment could be targeted for liability.

Didn't CR's attorney demand two days ago that ZO be arrested for assaulting his client.
CR has no recollection of the event so the entire case revolves around the security video from Small Wood which caught the entire confrontation...according to LE.

Do you have a link to that? We've talked here about CR pressing charges, but I hadn't heard anything about it happening. That would be an interesting development at this stage.

I think his comments summarize the case. If your friend just disappears and you were the last to see her, you dont hire lawyers.

The students may be afraid of being dragged into a civil court on totally frivolous charges. For example, say that LS called one of her roommates at some point on that night and said that she felt sick. The roommate is tired, annoyed, and not sensing that anything is terribly wrong, simply tells her "good night" and hangs up.

While no criminal charges would apply, the roommate could be accused in a civil court of something like "depraved indifference."

Now the charge probably wouldn't hold up, but think of the nuisance.

If he did, I'm not aware of it. A few weeks ago, he made a statement to the press saying the person who hit his client should be prosected to the fullest extent of the law, or words to that effect. He didn't mention anyone by name, though.

What actions were reported which are consistent with being a concerned person? Surely not the response to the WPIX reporter?

JW didn't react to a WPIX reporter, family members did. Not wanting some reporter sticking a camera in your face at your house is not at all suspicious to me. TOTAL SILENCE is much more suspect, IMO.

Just because a lot of people might do it doesn't make it not risky. Especially since she was supposedly walking alone, without shoes, keys or cell phone, and allegedly intoxicated.

You're right. I guess my point is that the town has a safe feeling to it. I've never heard of this sort of thing happening there. Doesn't mean it can't, just leads me to believe either the friends were involved.

Another thing that crossed my mind that I haven't seen mentioned is the possibility she was "roofied". I know the bouncers let her in underage, but they are pretty strict about having 2 forms and not letting people who are trashed get in. She must have had a couple good fakes and her purse with her when she got in. And likely wasn't stumbling in. There were plenty of times in college I was blackout at a bar. But losing your keys, purse, shoes, and phone seemed odd to me from the start. Maybe she's on camera pounding shots. Or maybe someone slipped her something. Either way I haven't heard much of anything in regard to them analyzing the tape of when she was there. A roofies scenario also gives someone a reason to try to dispose of evidence. Perhaps someone drugged her and combined with the drinking and her heart condition she went into cardiac arrest. That's at least a motive. The whole ODing on coke with friends and them not calling an ambo doesn't make sense. But if one or several of them knew she was drugged otherwise it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth