ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought over from previous thread. Originally posted by Scientific:

His IQ
I'm guessing that his intelligence quotient is in the bright (but not genius) range (115-135) for a number of reasons:

1. his mind would become sharpened and hyper-vigilant due to his stressful, dangerous lifestyle

2. it seems that he knew a fair amount of both French and Russian. and he might have taught himself what he did know.

3. there is a tremendous amount of fantasy and imagination that went into his personas and his methods. he seems more the organized offender with an elaborate imagination than the disorganized offender.

4. while his online presence might create a sense of idiocy in some regards, it seems to have mostly been smoke and mirrors so our assessment of his intellect (via grammar and sentence structure) should not be based directly off these online writings

5. his writing reflects that he lacks higher education but it says almost nothing about his fluid intellect

6. he doesn't look dumb. i realize this is a vague point but mentally challenged people don't have that kind of poise. neither am I saying that he's got grace. he just doesn't look like an imbecile.

7. he traveled the world to some degree (yes, he doctored some travel photos but not all) and explored many alternate lifestyle choices, which seems to betray a curiosity and independence that would allow for higher intellect.

8. supposedly he was computer savvy enough to use proxies and the deep web. sure, anyone could use them but your average person is usually not going to be that aware of these things because of it being challenging to navigate initially.

The things that I believe prevented him from having a genius iq are a one-track obsessiveness, lack of an environment that would have nurtured his intellect rather than simply heightening his survival skills, emotional rigidity that may or may not have resulted from abuse, and a preference for self-indulgence over learning. Further, he wasn't able to escape the lifestyle that was crushing him; he simply adapted to it and let it warp him whereas someone smarter would have in time realized that there were other options. Drugs might also have played a part though I think the role of drugs in limiting intellect is often overstated.

As for his dignity and compassion and every other virtue, he gets a big fat zero...no, he gets a negative value.

Thanks for the great and thoughtful post. I hope you don't mind if I add a #9.

9) Apparently he taught himself Photoshop. Photoshop is not an easy or particularly user friendly program. At least that was my experience back in the 90's. It might be different now. If that is what he used and if is still a difficult program, I'd have to give him a few points for that.

And to top it all off, LM's fantasy life isn't even his own--it's all borrowed! Bits and pieces of movies and stolen words from other writers. He doesn't even have an imagination of his own...
However , isn't the truth that at some level he did it - for years !

I will be astonished if the courts decide that Magnotta is criminally insane. He attempted to hide the body, remove the unedited vid from his computer after uploading it, flee from LE and stayed on the run for a week. All that tells me that he is not legally insane, although he probably does have mental problems of some sort they don't stretch to the level of making him not responsible for his actions.
Yeh, he is not insane, he is a personality disorder (anti social/ nar) with a mood disorder overlay , addiction thrown in for good measure , and in all reallity abuse or gross neglect growing up!

51s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
They're waiving the readings of the charges. Lawyer says he's aware of the charges. Pleading not guilty. #magnotta

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

They're waiving the readings of the charges. Lawyer says he's aware of the charges. Pleading not guilty. #magnotta
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

1m Justin Ling Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

Brought Magnotta out. Wearing same beige sweater as yesterday. Pleads not guilty. #magnotta

He has entered a plea of not guilty.

Hopefully they can track down that crazy manager from his imagination and bring him to justice for framing the 'lil angel...

"I think the prosecutors just said they're pursuing 2nd degree murder. That'd be big. We're coming back on thrs. video link again"

from justin Ling.. wtf second degree? i hope not.. its clearly first

I was really hoping Magnotta would give the following response to the Judge "Your honor, the only thing I'm guilty of is being devastatingly good looking"...

"I think the prosecutors just said they're pursuing 2nd degree murder. That'd be big. We're coming back on thrs. video link again"

That has to be a mistake. Second degree? How??

Thanks, unfortunately it does not state "insanity" or schizophrenia, etc. We all know he has issues but if it's bi-polar or something else, I don't think that something of that nature would warrant him not standing trial nor found "insane". If he would have been to that point at the time they would have asked for an assessment and would have legally put him in an institution for a period of time to get help.

I am trying to get the original court paper of this decision (via some contacts) so I can see exactly what was written by the judge. I will let you know if I am successful :) in perhaps shedding more light on this. My cousin was a crimminal defence attorney here in Ottawa but many many years so I may give him a call just to see what he thinks about this case :)
He has treatment history - if goes to trial , treatment history will be released....Not Schizophrenia, Schizo affective probably best real dx. There will some that would have diagosed him as bipolar, some sole addiction issues, but all folks will focus on nar personallity disorder. In all liklihood there will also , along the trail be borderline personality disorder thrown in from time to time!

OT: i've wondered this from the beginning, why do new threads get started after 60 or so pages? IMO it would be easier if we just had 1 long thread that we kept going. granted it would be 100s of pages but still. no offense....j/w
I am new confused the heck out of me this AM! Still remain somewhat confused navigating as well! Dont feel alone!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see what you are saying....but I still see a smirk. Interesting how we all are seeing different things. Maybe he has mixed feelings. Though, I am pretty sure his feelings are selfish. This is JMO. But I have a hard time believing he feels shame. In the 3rd pic down, I see anger...or meanness. Or arrogance.

The bottom picture, I see fear.

I absolutely agree with you. I've studied hundreds of his pics, and he is definitely smug here. He has a slight smile on his face. Very unusual for him. Not only that, he is holding himself straight and tall.

EXACTLY. I'd think the advertisements for the killvid on May 15th would show that. NON-PREMEDITATED MURDER by the prosecution???? WTF???? Live on CBC right now. OK, the charges could change to first degree with the progress of the investigation.

Totally agree. Insane in most peoples minds to commit such an act. Legally Insane No. The planning, mailings etc. will make an Insanity Plea a moot point :moo:
Concur--- WAY to much planning, no way could someone suffering with Schizophrenia do what he has done the last two weeks impossible , capability wise !

It's funny how completely different we all look at the video/photos of him getting off the plane.
To me..all I think of are the millions of retakes he had to have done for all of his self taken phots & videos. Each step down I envision him wishing he could retake that last step w/ a more super serious face. but it hits him that they aren't messing around & is forced to walk normal. I think every breath of his, he hopes someone is watching & thinks he's pretty. (If that makes sense)
Imo he luuuvvvsss it!

Of all our opinions, I am sure you are right (maybe we all are?)! He seems to be a huge narcissist, possibly with body dysmorphic disorder.

Someone had mentioned BDD earlier after looking at the video for the plastic surgery show. It's possible, IMO.

Body dysmorphic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confirmed: he's pleading not guilty to everything
per Justin Ling

To clear this up, what he said was that originally they filed 2nd degree charges until more evidence came forward at which timje 1st degree charges were laid and the 2nd degree charges withdrawn. It's 1st degree people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth