Access to Casey's Car - Defense Strategy?

Just playing devil's advocate here, what proves that Casey was THE ONE that put Caylee's dead body in the trunk? Is it just her behavior that makes her guilty? Is behavior enough to convict?

if it was another body in the trunk put there after being towed why did it STINK before it was ever towed ?? She said it stunk and blamed it on squirels.

if it was another body in the trunk put there after being towed why did it STINK before it was ever towed ?? She said it stunk and blamed it on squirels.

Yeah, I'd like to see the defense explain that one!!! :crazy:

I think this is a major problem for the defense. If she hadn't said that and texted that it could actually be a semirelevant arguement for the jury.

I think this is a major problem for the defense. If she hadn't said that and texted that it could actually be a semirelevant arguement for the jury.

I think Miss KC is in for a shock at exactly how much she has helped in her own prosecution.

She did what she had to do to take care of her problem, all the while smiling for the camera. Texting friends about odors in her car, getting rid of the odor in her car and lining up her next boyfriend. We can't really say KC hasn't helped LE, she just didn't realize she was doing it!

CASEY'S ATTORNEY TO START QUESTIONING WITNESSES

Casey Anthony's defense attorney is going to start questioning his first prosecution witnesses in the case next Thursday. Among those taking the stand is an employee at the Amscot on Goldenrod and Highway 50 where Casey abandoned her car in late June, employees from Johnson's Wrecker Service, the company that towed the car from the Amscot, and Casey's ex-boyfriend Tony Lazzaro.

What do they all have in common? They all had access to Casey's car.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17781526/detail.html
Here comes Cindy's defense - someone broke into the tow yard and placed someone else's body in the trunk of the car (with no key to access the trunk), then came back and then came back, broke in again and removed said body (which "of courses" was not Caylee')s. All of this done without being seen or leaving any evidence of any breakin to the car.

GMAB

can the witnesses answer baez one way and then at trial give a different answer? I have seen that happen on law and order but usually they give the district attorney a diffent answer then what they told them before.
I believe the atty can challenge their honesty if they said soemthing else on teh deposition. Witensses are under oath in both situations. This is where attorneys use the witnesses own words against them, thereby undermining their testimony.

But wait the A's had a key to that car, they aren't on this list? OH of course they aren't.

Somesone breaking into the trunk (excluding the Anthonys) would leave fingerprints. I am sur epolice dusted the trunk lid for prints.

Someone has to prove that ANYONE can get into that lot at any time to make this scenario fir (no dogs, no fences, no locks, no video cams, no personnel manning the lot 24/7) Every tow lot I have ever seen has high fences and dogs - tow yards have to protect the vehicles under their care. If they didn't, anyone who had a car towed could just walk into the lot and take their car back.

"My client suffers from some severe psychological issues"
Only works if she was not aware that harming her daughter was wrong. The fact that teh body was hidden shows that Casey KNEW what she did was wrong. Won't fly imo

ITA, and I have not come up with anything that closely resembles an explanation for this one. :waitasec: (Not that it bothers me, of course.)

Maybe KC did actually hit an animal at some point and she told Baez. So the defence wants to find evidence of that to confuse the prosecution's evidence...

Just thinking...

can the witnesses answer baez one way and then at trial give a different answer? I have seen that happen on law and order but usually they give the district attorney a diffent answer then what they told them before.

...and is it perfectly ok for the witnesses to provide their answers "in a backwards sort of way"? Or are they held to a different standard than the defendant?:rolleyes:

I believe the atty can challenge their honesty if they said soemthing else on teh deposition. Witensses are under oath in both situations. This is where attorneys use the witnesses own words against them, thereby undermining their testimony.

Exactly - and this is yet another reason depositions are so important as evidence during a trial. ONE misstep/word incorrect and, after being given an opportunity to correct the misstatement, the witness refuses to do so, the transcript of what was previously said gets introduce as evidence "Exhibit such-and-such," read to the witness in front of the jury, and then the witness is typically asked how they can explain the differences in their statements. Usually prokoves (quite) a bit of squirming. ;)

I would like to start off my post by simply saying that I totally believe that Casey kill her daughter. HOWEVER, I totally agree with the lawyers on Nancy Grace and somewhat the defence on proving that it was Casey that did the deed. It's a FACT that Caylee is dead but once they get the body and even now they need to prove that it was Casey that killed her. I can see why the defence is going tihs way and saying that several other people had access to the car. The only thing that is going to get them in a road block is the searches of chloroform that was on the computer. The only people that had access to that computer was Casey's family and Casey so they are once again going to kinda have to prove that it was Casey that searched. I still don't think their strageties will do any good because everything right now proves that Casey did it.
IF and it's a big IF, someone else had access to the trunk of that car, they would leave fingerprints. I bet the only fingerprints on that trunk belong to Casey Marie Anthony.

Given the extent of her lies to the police, the defense is gonna have a very difficult time - of course when they shoot down the 15,000 Zenaida's that Cindy has, it will be pretty strong evidence. I am waiting for the defense to claim that Casey did not say what she said on tape.

Maybe KC did actually hit an animal at some point and she told Baez. So the defence wants to find evidence of that to confuse the prosecution's evidence...

Just thinking...

Could be. I'm not that impressed thus far with the defense counsel appearances, so...
Have to say though that if that is the plan, they've got yet another problem with the timing aspect of Casey's text messages to her pal Amy H - I think a reasonable person would find it pretty damning that these texts about the smell of dead animals came within mere weeks of the last sighting (June 15, Father's Day) of Caylee.

Not just the squirrels, but that George was responsible for the squirrel odor. iirc.

Exactly - and this is yet another reason depositions are so important as evidence during a trial. ONE misstep/word incorrect and, after being given an opportunity to correct the misstatement, the witness refuses to do so, the transcript of what was previously said gets introduce as evidence "Exhibit such-and-such," read to the witness in front of the jury, and then the witness is typically asked how they can explain the differences in their statements. Usually prokoves (quite) a bit of squirming. ;)

A lawyer I knew told me there should be NO SURPRISES at a trial. Both laweyrs should know everything that the witensses said and all the forensic evidence that both sides have.

A lawyer I knew told me there should be NO SURPRISES at a trial. Both laweyrs should know everything that the witensses said and all the forensic evidence that both sides have.

Well said, and that's the way it's supposed to be IF you have witnesses telling the absolute truth and nothing but the truth - shouldn't be any reason for a misstep/misstatement. On the other hand, with a lying pack of witnesses, you've got some real preparation in front of you to make sure they stick to their "truths" and that they don't, while you're prepping them, decide to tell you the real truth, thereby making them a real problem as far as testifying goes... (it's a big no-no to put a witness on the stand if you know they're going to commit perjury, or to fail to take action if they do commit perjury on the stand...)

ITA, and I have not come up with anything that closely resembles an explanation for this one. :waitasec: (Not that it bothers me, of course.)

Maybe whoever broke into the trunk to place an unknown body in it did it to cover up the stench of the squirrels and the rotting pizza. Once that was done they broke in again and moved the body to another smelly car. The reason no one else in Fl is complaining about decomp in their trunk is because along with the magical ability to access locked trunks and scale 10 foot barbed wire fences they can cover vast distances in a very short time and only travel in the dark.

Sounds like Santa Claus picked up a summer job.

:laugh:
Maybe whoever broke into the trunk to place an unknown body in it did it to cover up the stench of the squirrels and the rotting pizza. Once that was done they broke in again and moved the body to another smelly car. The reason no one else in Fl is complaining about decomp in their trunk is because along with the magical ability to access locked trunks and scale 10 foot barbed wire fences they can cover vast distances in a very short time and only travel in the dark.

Sounds like Santa Claus picked up a summer job.

Thank you. I understand now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back