Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, please tell us what they say. Does anyone know if I can get IS on the net?

Nothing yet but they just said it was coming up soon!

I don't have cable either. Would greatly appreciate a play by play recap. thanks!

She is hitting all the areas...what was not believable, ALL of the circumstantial evidence, etc. Very articulate. Has it together :)

All of them are like family now, even alternates. Plans to get together for dinner have already been made.

:fence:
Is this the gal with long blondish hair?

Long dark hair.

ETA - how did the fence-sitting smilie get on my post??? Can't see it to edit it out??? Posting from my Kindle.

Ah ha.............the four men on the jury were the first ones to vote guilty right from the get go on Friday.

One woman was for NG, one woman G and the other women were undecided on Friday.

Types as best and fast as I could!!

Juror interview, she said:

Mountain of circumstancial evidence. They gave them a 6 page doc that explained CE. Helped her understand.

Huge for her: He couldn't produce the shirt. No shoes. No jeans that he had on in CB. Looked at photo and could see they were a different set of jeans. If you were innocent you would be handing stuff you wore to the Police right after murder.

Prosecution did good job of showing he lied in video. Didn't really care if he took stand either way this time.

Gracie Calhoun: Took testimony piece by piece. Jury room had posters all over to help them. Went thru timeline and worked whether he was there or not, some believed some didn't but didn't matter because it would work either way.

Camera: CE again but the fact that MY smoked and he hated it.... they just didn't find the cigar stuff credible. Thought he definitely did unplug the camera. Too many coincidences. CE but how unlucky can one guy be?

Someone else there: Fingerprints could have been friends/family or for years. So that didn't make difference to her. Shoe prints (franklin) they thought he put there because it was so firmly placed in the blood. (blatant says Beth).

No fibers in his car: Thought he changed right there so he didn't transfer fiber to his car.

Re donating to Goodwill: Just didn't make sense. Lot of unanswered questions but they had to find him guilty.

Re: Pat Young/jewelry: They didn't buy other stuff was missing since it took her 6 months and that LE had to come to her about it. They did believe he took MY's rings.

MY didn't have enemys. Thought he cleaned CY up. Stranger wouldn't do that. The cleaning up was big for them.

Didn't think CY daycare worker stuff entered her mind too much but she can't say if it helped her make up her mind one way or another.

Votes initially: 4 men G 1 women G : NG 1 women. Rest were undecided. Then slowly but surely everyone went to guilty. At 20 min break everyone thought guilty but were just making sure that everyone had it "ok" in their mind.

Loved the judge. She was very greatly for his words.

First poll on Friday - all 4 men voted guilty and 1 lady guilty, 1 ng, 6 undecided

I agree, she was extremely articulate and did a great job answering the questions.

I think she said the first poll: all 4 men said guilty, one woman guilty, one woman not guilty and the rest undecided? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just going off my memory,which isn't that great...Ha!

Also, it didn't seem the testimony from the Day Care worker was a prominent or compelling piece of testimony....

Again anyone else watching correct my errors, I'm paraphrasing here...

Juror #3...

Justice was definitely done for Michelle and her family. It's been 6 years he's been walking free as a bird.

Did you find JS words affirmed your verdict... definitely.

When JY had to give the NTO & he gave photos and didn't have a scratch or bruise on him, so it would be hard for me to find him guilty.

The mountain of CE always pointed back to Jason.

She entered Delibs thinking he was not guilty, so did 5 others.

Couldn't produce the shirt, didn't have the shoes, didn't have the jeans... when looked at the photo of the jeans & the jeans in the suitcase they did not match.

If you were innocent you would be handing this stuff to LE, and he didn't.

Testimony - the prosecution did a really good job finding holes in his testimony that he wasn't being truthful in his first trial. None of us really wanted him to take the stand again, we were neither for or against it.

Gracie Calhoun - we kinda took it piece by piece, in the jury room we had posters everywhere of the CE. Some of us thought GC was credible, some of us didn't. The timeline and the gas mileage worked out that GC was credible.

MY was a smoker & she quit because JY hated smoking, so we didn't believe the cigar excuse at all.

He unplugged the camera at 11:20 before he left the hotel, and when he came back the camera was pointed as ceiling, they all agreed.

How unlucky can one guy be the night his wife is brutally murdered?

Unidentified fingerprints in house? Again, the FPs they couldn't give us a timeline they could have been from friends, family, they tested 160 people, but who's to say they had been there for years. That didn't really make a difference to me.

The shoe prints - we were thinking he purposely wanted another set of prints to be there; those were so clearly printed in blood it's like he wanted us to believe another person was there.

No blood, no fibers no nothing in his car - he was in his own home where michelle's body was, we know she was murdered with the closet door closed - we think he changed right there in the closet after michelle was murdered - because in the initial cs photos the door was open; but was def. closed because of the blood splatter.

Hush puppies he said michelle donated many a things to goodwill to count as a tax right off, but that didn't make sense because of the photos from CB & the prints

PY testimony - the only reason PY reported things stolen is because LE contacted PY and she didn't buy that - the only real thing missing was MY's ring; and the ex-fiances ring story helped them see JY took Michelles ring.

They thought JY cleaned up Cassidy. A stranger wouldn't take the time to clean Cassidy up.

Daycare worker testimony - we took that into account, but i can't really say that played into part because JY told us the age of the child; but I can't really say that helped me make up my mind one way or the other.

Votes - 6/6 initial on Fri; all 4 men guilty 1 woman g, 1 ng - the rest undecided then we started putting the pieces together. Took a vote before & after the break, used the 20 minute break to come to terms with their decision. Jury got along really well & have plans to go out to dinner soon. Judge Stephens statement gave them confirmation they did the right thing.

Juror #3 said the initial vote was 4 men + 1 woman were voting Guilty, 1 woman voted Not Guilty and the rest were on the fence until they went piece by piece all of the circumstantial evidence and they took votes every couple of hours and eventually all came to the Guilty side. Juror #3 said "I mean, how unlucky can one guy be on the night his wife is murdered". This was indeed a Common Sense jury and I'm proud of them!

That was a great interview! It sounds like they were seeing every single thing we were hoping they would see. THANK YOU JURORS!

She is hitting all the areas...what was not believable, ALL of the circumstantial evidence, etc. Very articulate. Has it together :)

She was amazing! They sure had the # on JY's outfits amd shoes! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member