State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sworn testimony, under oath, and all parties are available for questioning... so what's the problem? If there are disputes, their client can take the stand and clarify his original answer....

It's sworn testimony, under oath, and all parties are available for questioning... so what's the problem? If there are disputes, their client can take the stand and clarify his original answer....

This isn't about that though. This is about dialog/objections that defense counsel made during the deposition. Kurtz's point is he thinks that dialog will prejudice the jury.

Kurtz has been Brad's lawyer from the beginning ...this should have been taken care off 2 years ago...

Then, play the entire thing.... something must be there.. or he wouldn't be fighting so hard to suppress... JMO..

This isn't about that though. This is about dialog/objections that defense counsel made during the deposition. Kurtz's point is he thinks that dialog will prejudice the jury.

It's not like the defense hasn't been 'objecting for the record' througout the whole trial, I doubt the jury would even notice the difference...

they objected frequently during the depos, I can't believe the state took out the best part..the argument between lawyers with Judge on speaker phone

Witness worked with defendant in a back up status on NEW PROJECTS.

Re the Depo -- Was Brad compelled to give the depo? I have read it, more than once, but I don't know under what conditions he was present & testifying. TIA.

Brad took a call during lunch meeting, which was out of the ordinary. July 11th?

Brad took a call during lunch meeting, which was out of the ordinary.

Hopefully this phone call was very compelling because I see nothing wrong with going outside to take a call. It's called manners. It would be obnoxious to take a call at a table-ful of people.

Get to the freaking point please. I am losing my patience.

Hopefully this phone call was very compelling because I see nothing wrong with going outside to take a call. It's called manners. It would be obnoxious to take a call at a table-ful of people.

Odd/rude to take call since they didn't get out for lunch often.

Re the Depo -- Was Brad compelled to give the depo? I have read it, more than once, but I don't know under what conditions he was present & testifying. TIA.

it was for kid's custody ...so I think he had to do it...considering when the defense objected and Nancy's lawyer got the Judge on the phone..I think he had to answer all questions

Witness rec'd vm from NC on Fri 7/11 to check up on how witness did on IT exam. They chatted, he told her he didn't pass. Nice of NC imo to call. But no relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine