AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand....

If EJ met someone who was going to take Gabriel to Mexico, why did she have to drive all the way to TX for the exchange? She drove about a thousand miles to Texas, yet Nogales/the Mexican border is less than 200 miles from Tempe AZ.

I think because unless you had connections er, people to pay off at the border it wouldn't work. I'm going to bet that the Smiths have people in their pocket in Texas, but they don't in Nogales.

Has there been any sighting of EJ in Victoria, TX?

I think there is a very real possibility that Gabe may no longer be alive.

Ya, she got on the bus in San Antonio by herself. Walked straight to the bus. He was passed off or dead before then. Poor poor baby.

I do feel like TPS and husband took advantage of a bad situation here and they get no excuses from me. IF Elizabeth did this out of revenge (Logan) she gets no sympathy from me either. Elizabeth's phone call to Logan, telling him Gabriel was dead, indicates she was out to hurt him. I don't know EJ's whole story, but I do know that once we become adults we are responsible for our actions, we are also responsible for those we bring into the world. My mother was not made to parent, luckily I had good Grandparents. I am thankful now that my mother was not able to stick it out, it would have been worse.

I hope Gabriel can be returned to the father that loves him soon. Hopefully he grows up to know nothing about this.

I think because unless you had connections er, people to pay off at the border it wouldn't work. I'm going to bet that the Smiths have people in their pocket in Texas, but they don't in Nogales.

It's been eons since I've been south of the border, but I didn't think people were screened that closely when going into Mexico? I thought they basically checked everyone's i.d. and whether or not the vehicle has insurance?

I could be wrong. I know there were some laws changed recently for visitors to Mexico but I admit that I didn't pay much attention when it was on the news.

It's been eons since I've been south of the border, but I didn't think people were screened that closely when going into Mexico? I thought they basically checked everyone's i.d. and whether or not the vehicle has insurance?

I could be wrong. I know there were some laws changed recently for visitors to Mexico but I admit that I didn't pay much attention when it was on the news.

I'm pretty sure that you need a passport to get into Mexico now.

And the plot thickens...

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149285

The Tempe mother of a missing 8-month-old boy who told her boyfriend she killed their son could be facing charges of providing false information to law enforcement after accusing the father of taking the child during an unrelated incident last month.

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, had left her son, Gabriel Johnson, with Tammi and Jack Smith of Scottsdale for at least six hours on Dec. 9, but she accused Logan Scott McQueary, 25, of taking him, according to a Tempe police report.

Johnson had placed an ad on craigslist seeking a nanny to take the baby, according to the police report taken when she left the baby with the Smiths. Charges are pending from Tempe city prosecutors, according to the report.

Haven't watched NG yet but I can hardly wait!

The whole going to Mexico nia Victoria just doesn't make sense to me.

Looking at a map if you were going from San Antonio to Mexico why would you drive to Victoria? There is no reason, Victoria has no MAJOR highways leading in or out, yet there is a striaght shot from San Antonio to Mexico via 35.

I don't know about the law now either.

O/T:

But, I can tell you this...it has gotten so dangerous to cross into mexico now due to corrupt cops.
My boss was in California a couple years ago and he and his wife crossed in their rental car. They were pulled to the side and the "cop" told him the he was missing a sticker on the car that he had to have to cross. The "cop" searched the car. He even made him get out of the car and practically threw him against it to search him. He searched his wallet.
He had exactly $500 in cash.
He then told him he had to pay a fine right then. When my boss asked him how much the fine would be, the "cop" told him $500.00. It was either that or appear in court.
Now, you tell me, what kinda carp is that?
That "cop" knew an American would just let him have that $500 so he did not have to appear in a Mexican courtroom.

From what I hear from several people, one from Mexico, it's getting really bad.

Some Nashville information...

The day after Johnson was arrested in Florida, FBI agents in Nashville were called.

“We were called by FBI agents in Miami and asked to check out an address here in Nashville," said Keith Moses, assistant special agent in charge. "We went and knocked on the door, interviewed occupants and, at this point, were unable to locate the child.”

http://www.wsmv.com/news/22189120/detail.html

I only know what I know from family that live in az, but it seems like the stops that are tourist are checked out more. I know alot of the commercial truckers in TX are waived through vs. the tourists going through. There are alot of commercial items from the US that are not allowed to be transported into mexico. Computers and certain titles of books.....go figure. I know the books for a fact because I worked for a NY publisher. How this all plays into Gabriel, I guess I don't.

Out here in AZ, we need Mexican insurance to cross the border. Or park on US side to walk over. Haven't gone in several years though.

The whole going to Mexico nia Victoria just doesn't make sense to me.

Looking at a map if you were going from San Antonio to Mexico why would you drive to Victoria? There is no reason, Victoria has no MAJOR highways leading in or out, yet there is a striaght shot from San Antonio to Mexico via 35.

I can only think of two reasons why EJ would be in Victoria. To either look for a place to dump/hide the body/ take Gabe there and kill him there.

OR she passed off Gabe in Victoria to a couple and they headed to Mexico.

In that one picture that they are showing on NG Gabe has cheeks that are this red I have never seen that. For those that seen it is it like chapped or what causes that?

I can only think of two reasons why EJ would be in Victoria. To either look for a place to dump/hide the body/ take Gabe there and kill him there.

OR she passed off Gabe in Victoria to a couple and they headed to Mexico.

3. She was on a bus in route to Florida and just passing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member