If you were in charge of Kyron's investigation...

What would verified be? Being seen by other people? Having time-stamped verification of being where one says one is?

Yes, I think people who say they are in a certain place,and other people can verify that they are there, these people would have been cleared first. People who have a time and date stamped receipt ? Possibly. Even better, thiough,IMO, would be that they were also seen on the store's video cameras. FM stores in the Seattle area have cameras at both the entrance and exits of the store. And I think it's possible that TH was seen on the video cameras, MOO....

My answer to the question in this thread is no answer. I'm not a trained police officer so I can't say what I would do differently. I can't say that LE hasn't done a good job in this case because I don't have the slightest clue as to what they have as far as evidence is concerned nor do I have the right or need to second guess anything that they have done to this point. If the police feel satisfied, in this day and age of modern technology, etc., that Terri is involved in Kyron's disappearance, then I'm not going to second guess anything that they have done because, again, I don't know what they have against her or anyone else for that matter. JMO.

Ok...disclaimer before I type anything...this reply IS NOT going to be popular among most of us.

If I were in charge of the investigation I would do pretty much exactly what LE has done to date...they have played everything close to the vest so as not to tip their hand and release vital details to tip off the suspect(s) if they are close OR even more importantly, if Kyron is still alive, make that person(s) feel threatened or rushed or backed into a corner in turn feeling as though they have no way out but to harm or silence him.

OUR suspicions of Terri have come about from the family (who understandably would have a harder time leaving the emotion out of it), MSM (who lets face it are in the business of selling the story so of course are going to hone in on the soap opera side of things), Unconfirmed sources and friends of friends of friends....(who cannot be considered as reliable IMO)

LE has not at any time voiced an opinion or given any negative connotation toward TH...even when discussing the truck and the photos and fliers they were very careful to choose wording that was non committal and non accusatory...THAT IS BY DESIGN

OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this....they just have to focus on two major factors....1) how to get Kyron home alive if he still is without endangering him further or tipping off the abductors as they approach and 2) making sure all of the t's are crossed and i's dotted so that the case is as airtight as possible when it comes to that....they do not want evidence discounted because its tainted or jury selection impossible...

and IF they ARE close...do you think they would let us know so that it could get caught up in MSM and then TH and/or the others responsible could have time and opportunity to move him, hide him deeper, or God forbid permanently silence him???

IMO LE is doing exactly what they should be doing....our hearts just want a resolution NOW since we have all come to love this baby sooooo much and just want him home where he belongs NOW...there is so much we DONT know that we assume (out of emotion) that there must be errors and slip ups or stones left unturned or steps not taken but the fact is...we dont know what we dont know and its not our job to know...its actually probably much better for Kyron that we dont.

Im going to go out on a limb and predict that, once this case is solved (and I wholeheartedly believe it will be!) that we will be appreciative of what we found out later that LE DID know all along and the steps they took to protect that information at all costs. I just cant help but think with all of these agencies involved (FBI, etc) that they MUST be on the right road. I also know that they are determined to resolve this (probably even more so than we are although I know each of us is fully invested in this little angel!) They are mostly parents too and even if they arent, they have chosen their professions because they feel a call of duty to protect and serve. This baby disappearend on their watch...they DO NOT want to fail or take short cuts.
If Kaine and Desiree are 100% supportive of LE efforts being that they know a hell of a lot more than we do, than thats good enough for me.

AND..to take it a step further...I hope that TH or whoever is responsible DOES NOT feel the walls closing in unless it makes her/them do the right thing and talk....if the intention is to never speak up then I hope LE can sneak up on them and take them off guard.

This is just my opinion....be gentle everyone when u disagree and want my head on a platter for voicing it.

Ok...disclaimer before I type anything...this reply IS NOT going to be popular among most of us.

If I were in charge of the investigation I would do pretty much exactly what LE has done to date...they have played everything close to the vest so as not to tip their hand and release vital details to tip off the suspect(s) if they are close OR even more importantly, if Kyron is still alive, make that person(s) feel threatened or rushed or backed into a corner in turn feeling as though they have no way out but to harm or silence him.

OUR suspicions of Terri have come about from the family (who understandably would have a harder time leaving the emotion out of it), MSM (who lets face it are in the business of selling the story so of course are going to hone in on the soap opera side of things), Unconfirmed sources and friends of friends of friends....(who cannot be considered as reliable IMO)

LE has not at any time voiced an opinion or given any negative connotation toward TH...even when discussing the truck and the photos and fliers they were very careful to choose wording that was non committal and non accusatory...THAT IS BY DESIGN

OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this....they just have to focus on two major factors....1) how to get Kyron home alive if he still is without endangering him further or tipping off the abductors as they approach and 2) making sure all of the t's are crossed and i's dotted so that the case is as airtight as possible when it comes to that....they do not want evidence discounted because its tainted or jury selection impossible...

and IF they ARE close...do you think they would let us know so that it could get caught up in MSM and then TH and/or the others responsible could have time and opportunity to move him, hide him deeper, or God forbid permanently silence him???

IMO LE is doing exactly what they should be doing....our hearts just want a resolution NOW since we have all come to love this baby sooooo much and just want him home where he belongs NOW...there is so much we DONT know that we assume (out of emotion) that there must be errors and slip ups or stones left unturned or steps not taken but the fact is...we dont know what we dont know and its not our job to know...its actually probably much better for Kyron that we dont.

Im going to go out on a limb and predict that, once this case is solved (and I wholeheartedly believe it will be!) that we will be appreciative of what we found out later that LE DID know all along and the steps they took to protect that information at all costs. I just cant help but think with all of these agencies involved (FBI, etc) that they MUST be on the right road. I also know that they are determined to resolve this (probably even more so than we are although I know each of us is fully invested in this little angel!) They are mostly parents too and even if they arent, they have chosen their professions because they feel a call of duty to protect and serve. This baby disappearend on their watch...they DO NOT want to fail or take short cuts.
If Kaine and Desiree are 100% supportive of LE efforts being that they know a hell of a lot more than we do, than thats good enough for me.

AND..to take it a step further...I hope that TH or whoever is responsible DOES NOT feel the walls closing in unless it makes her/them do the right thing and talk....if the intention is to never speak up then I hope LE can sneak up on them and take them off guard.

This is just my opinion....be gentle everyone when u disagree and want my head on a platter for voicing it.

Well, no head on a platter for me. Instead, you get a :blowkiss: and a :Jumpie:

Perfect! That is exactly how I feel. I realize it's good discussion material for some, which is why I've stayed out of it since I feel the same way you do, but to say what we would do if we got our turn indicates we don't like what the police are currently doing. There'd be nothing to discuss if everyone was in agreement that the LE is doing all that they can, and that they have their reasons for not letting the hungry public know what they are doing. Their responsibility is to find Kyron and make whoever made him disappear pay for it, not bend to the will of the public and make them privy to everything LE has just to sate them.

And I have to say, I think LE has done a lot of what people have suggested they'd do anyway - we just don't know it yet!

Perfect! Their responsibility is to find Kyron and make whoever made him disappear pay for it, not bend to the will of the public and make them privy to everything LE has just to sate them.
And I have to say, I think LE has done a lot of what people have suggested they'd do anyway - we just don't know it yet!

All I can say is AB-SO-freakin'-LUTELY!!!!!! I agree 1000%
(respectfully bolded by me)

Whew! I was scared to hit "submit"! So glad to know Im not the only one that feels this way! Thanks for the support!

Lynmaree, you are definitely not alone in your opinion!!! There are many of us here who feel exactly the same as you!!!

" OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this "... It's quite possible that they don't know who did this.Indeed,possible that no one knows for sure what "this " even is ?

All JMO

Whew! I was scared to hit "submit"! So glad to know Im not the only one that feels this way! Thanks for the support!
Standing beside you on your post, thank you for typing all that up, saved me from having to do it.

" OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this "... It's quite possible that they don't know who did this.Indeed,possible that no one knows for sure what "this " even is ?

All JMO

That's what I fear. I am reminded of the searches for Elizabeth Smart with multiple LE organizations involved, the community outreach, and the family's pleas to Richard Ricci. Then to find out it wasn't even Ricci at all. Elizabeth was hidden in the hills directly behind her own home.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/influential_multnomah_county_p.html

OMG is right. That article does explain a lot of things and I assume it was "friendly" to him.

I'm horrified, appalled, and disgusted.

My opinion only

This is off topic to the discussion - but I have zero faith in schrunk - I'll see if I can find the letter I received from him nearly 10 years ago in something I was appealing for him to pursue. (I think the whole file was thrown away in frustration several moves ago.)

Just not a fan -

Correct. If they had an airtight case right now, Terri would be in jail and charged with whatever crime they have absolute proof of, awaiting trial.

And, btw, without a body, they can't be 100% sure what happened, so how could it possibly be "airtight?"

I wasn't originally using the word airtight in a legal sense, and I'm not certain there is a legal definition to airtight. I think we have become too accustomed to an overload of information and talking heads not to mention what we see completed in an hour on TV - this is not meant disrespectfully to any one poster. But the fact they haven't charged anyone yet means they are in face crossing t's and dotting i's.

Convictions can be had with or without a body - that's not the clincher. They may have 80% of the situation "solved" but are going for 100% of it. I personally think Teri may have told far more than what we know she has, even inadvertently.

I used to work in HR, and sometimes I'd just get really off feelings about someone (not that often there were 3 in total at one job). My boss would say, "you have to track it down till you have something tangible, you can't go by gut feelings." I was always able to do so, with enough reference checking....I think the investigators have very right hunches and are doing what they can to prove. There is no perfect crime, it just takes time sometimes to solve.

I'm still not seeing how this case can ever be considered airtight...unless they find Kyron with a perp. That might be airtight. Otherwise, the jury will hear LE's scenario of what must have happened. And it may be right, but who is to know for sure? Even finding Kyron's body will probably not, at this point, offer many clues, unless he is found on or near Horman property.

If he is alive, of course, he will be able to tell what happened, so in that case, assuming he is found, it could be an airtight case.

I'm still not seeing how this case can ever be considered airtight...unless they find Kyron with a perp. That might be airtight. Otherwise, the jury will hear LE's scenario of what must have happened. And it may be right, but who is to know for sure? Even finding Kyron's body will probably not, at this point, offer many clues, unless he is found on or near Horman property.

If he is alive, of course, he will be able to tell what happened, so in that case, assuming he is found, it could be an airtight case.

Then the defense should hope there are more people like you, than like me on the jury when it is finally submitted. :angel:

I just think there are plenty of scenarios that have proof involved, just not the final piece or we would have already seen charges. That's why I would do exactly what they are doing going forward.

Then the defense should hope there are more people like you, than like me on the jury when it is finally submitted. :angel:

I just think there are plenty of scenarios that have proof involved, just not the final piece or we would have already seen charges. That's why I would do exactly what they are doing going forward.

I don't mean to be disagreeable. I'm just having trouble seeing how this could pan out. Assuming no one saw Terri take Kyron away (I do assume this, since she is not arrested for kidnapping or abduction), prosecution will probably have to present witnesses to various possible sightings of people near what may have been the Horman truck, inferring that Kyron was being spirited into it, per Terri. If Kyron is never found, prosecution will have to further infer that since Kyron has never been seen alive again, Terri and accomplice are guility of...whatever they are saying the crime is. They will have the hole in her alibi, her questionable accounts of the day, her behavior after the event, maybe a psych analysis and other circumstantial evidence. All of this could lead a jury to conclude she is guilty and she may well be convicted. But I guess what I mean is, if we don't end up knowing for sure what actually happened, and Kyron's fate, I would not feel that the case is resolved, even if Terri is jailed for life.

I don't mean to be disagreeable. I'm just having trouble seeing how this could pan out. Assuming no one saw Terri take Kyron away (I do assume this, since she is not arrested for kidnapping or abduction), prosecution will probably have to present witnesses to various possible sightings of people near what may have been the Horman truck, inferring that Kyron was being spirited into it, per Terri. If Kyron is never found, prosecution will have to further infer that since Kyron has never been seen alive again, Terri and accomplice are guility of...whatever they are saying the crime is. They will have the hole in her alibi, her questionable accounts of the day, her behavior after the event, maybe a psych analysis and other circumstantial evidence. All of this could lead a jury to conclude she is guilty and she may well be convicted. But I guess what I mean is, if we don't end up knowing for sure what actually happened, and Kyron's fate, I would not feel that the case is resolved, even if Terri is jailed for life.

Sounds a lot like the Lacy Peterson case. No one saw him kill her, or put her in the car, or drop her into the SF Bay. No video, no nothing. He was found guilty.

I am wondering if it would be possible for people to stay on topic. This started out as a great thread topic, I would hate to see it go the way of some other great threads that have gone into 'review' and will probably never be seen again.

— i.b.

Sounds a lot like the Lacy Peterson case. No one saw him kill her, or put her in the car, or drop her into the SF Bay. No video, no nothing. He was found guilty.

Well, he did have that whole "my wife recently died and I'm so lonely" suave line he whipped out to pick up a pretty blond at a party. Before Lacy was dead.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back