Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, does anyone think that the twitter "cousin" is just some unrelated sicko? I did see that they were pretending to be some guy who was threatening a teen singer named Jasmine Villegas a while back then suddenly they switched to being AGT's cousin. They seem to know alot about him though and if it is someone in their family, they definately are a pretty twisted bunch.

Just jumping off your post to comment on ADT's family.

I saw his sister speak to reporters yesterday as they were leaving the courtroom. She was very polite in declining to comment. I have sympathy for her and his Mom. They seem like nice people who have been tossed into a nightmare situation.

I agree, but I think he is telling the truth.

I disagree that it would be hard to find searchers if they say she is no longer alive. 'Help find evidence on someone who murdered a child' sounds more compelling for some people to search, I would think.

I also think people want to hear the truth, and if he is there to help the LaMar's he is telling them their truth. He has said that before he ever found out his daughter had been killed, no one could convince him she was not alive...

From what happened to Polly...it would have been horrible if she had lived more than an hour or two, IMO...with that monster...JMO

Just jumping off your post to comment on ADT's family.

I saw his sister speak to reporters yesterday as they were leaving the courtroom. She was very polite in declining to comment. I have sympathy for her and his Mom. They seem like nice people who have been tossed into a nightmare situation.
I was thinking the same, they seem to be nothing but genuine, honest and good natured people....I feel for them. The mother actually seems like a sweetheart and she's doing a wonderful job with the interviews despite the language barrier. Now hopefully she can convince her not-so-sweet son to tell the truth...

From what happened to Polly...it would have been horrible if she had lived more than an hour or two, IMO...with that monster...JMO
Apparently though, Polly was still alive when he was pulled over for a traffic stop that night, but he had hidden her nearby in some bushes, and the traffic cops didn't know there was a BOLO for him!

True...you know we had a case here in Jamaica, whereby a travel writer in her 20's never returned back to her hotel room one day, and it was discovered by hotel management the following morning (after her co-worker who was here with her, reported it) -- that she hadn't slept in the room the night before....turns out she had been hanging out with a bartender from the said hotel - and there was some evidence of "hits" in the bartender's car and house when USA LE took over the investigation and sent down special dogs. The bartender in question failed two polygragh tests, but the case never went ahead, I am not even sure why - perhaps as no body was ever found. Her name is Claudia Kirschhoch and went missing in May 2000 from Negril, Jamaica.

I know for a fact, that her parents still believe she is alive, as up to this day - no body has been discovered. It was and is a tragic situation, and it was all over the news at the time. It is known as an unsolved case. I feel so sorry for her parents as they have never given up hope and it must be simply horrific NOT to have had the closure....

That is a tragedy.

Although, who am I to judge? Maybe believing their daughter is alive helps them get through the day a little easier.

I think that there is part of human beings that has a really difficult time accepting the death of a loved one if they don't have tangible proof. Or maybe it's just me.

All four of my grandparents died in their respective countries and there wasn't enough time to get there to attend the funerals. I know that their deaths remained somewhat unreal to me for quite a long time.

But when my mother died, I was sitting right at her bedside, holding her hand. I felt her spirit leave her body the instant it happened. I had been holding her hand most of the night and all of a sudden, it was unmistakably different.

Being there, holding her hand at the time, it made an immeasurable difference to my acceptance of what happened. It was real in a way that the previous deaths hadn't been and it was, oddly, much easier to deal with, even though I love my mother so much and miss her so much.

I think that there is a primitive part of the human brain that needs to see and/or touch in order to truly believe.

I hope that Sierra is found soon.

Exactly, that's the biggest reason I think this female body that has been discovered in Pleasanton is not Sierra, and I'm fairly positive this trash can was only placed there between Tues. evening and Thurs. If it was there on Tues. afternoon, it wasn't in the roadway, I couldn't have missed that!
It's actually a heavily traveled road, so the trash can probably wasn't in the roadway until Thurs, IMO!

That is a tragedy.

Although, who am I to judge? Maybe believing their daughter is alive helps them get through the day a little easier.

I think that there is part of human beings that has a really difficult time accepting the death of a loved one if they don't have tangible proof. Or maybe it's just me.

All four of my grandparents died in their respective countries and there wasn't enough time to get there to attend the funerals. I know that their deaths remained somewhat unreal to me for quite a long time.

But when my mother died, I was sitting right at her bedside, holding her hand. I felt her spirit leave her body the instant it happened. I had been holding her hand most of the night and all of a sudden, it was unmistakably different.

Being there, holding her hand at the time, it made an immeasurable difference to my acceptance of what happened. It was real in a way that the previous deaths hadn't been and it was, oddly, much easier to deal with, even though I love my mother so much and miss her so much.

I think that there is a primitive part of the human brain that needs to see and/or touch in order to truly believe.

I hope that Sierra is found soon.
It took me almost two years to finally accept my father died. They identified him only through dental records and since I was only 13 at the time, I had a hard to believing it was him. I kept thinking, well so what many have fillings in the same spot. I kind of get how they are feeling with not having proof of her body.

It's actually a heavily traveled road, so the trash can probably wasn't in the roadway until Thurs, IMO!
I bet the thing fell off some type of trailer it was being transported, and it landed there off the road.

I bet the thing fell off some type of trailer it was being transported, and it landed there off the road.
Police were called to the scene Thursday when a man walking in the area saw what Bretzing described as a "regular, 45-gallon trash can that you can find at any box store" in some foliage in an area "where it would stick out." The trash can did not resemble city-issued cans in the neighborhood, and the man became suspicious and called police.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/top...y-found-pleasanton-trash-can-appears-be-adult

Yes but the power of denial can be overwhelming in the face even of remains wrapped in the victim's blanket. Cindy Anthony has never accepted or believed Caylee dead.

It's interesting that the same article seems to keep morphing slightly. At first it's just that it is not that of a child (which is defined as 11 and under), and that is all they can say. Then in pops a "it's not Sierra". Doesn't feel like that is a direct quote based on the other comment. Ugh.... Why don't they just have a presser and confirm or eliminate SOMETHING.

I hope LE isn't concentrating on Uvas reservoir because AGT told his mother that's where he went fishing. Seems to me that he'd tell her he went somewhere else if he'd put Sierra's body into Uvas reservoir.

I'm no good with Google maps and I'm sure the little orange man is laughing at me. Just the name Uvas reservoir indicates to me that this is a man-made body of water that has a dam at the head.

Are there any locals familiar with it? What I'm wondering is how difficult is it to approach the dam and particularly the area of the upstream sluices. For instance, is the dam one of those open for the public to drive across? Does it have a strong current at any point?

I'm wondering if he put Sierra's body into the reservoir just upstream of the sluices, where it got carried in and through. I imagine that could be a pretty effective way to dismember a body and then the parts would be carried downstream with the current.

I'm wondering if AGT didn't just give FS or his mom Sierra's shoes? Maybe as a present to make up for being gone? I really think they need to take Marlene to the RV (when no one is home obviously) and let her look at the shoes within the house to see if she can identify any as Sierra's or similar. It's just odd that he left her shoes on her? Oh and no one mentioned socks...was she wearing any or were they in the bag? Did he keep the undergarments as souvenirs? Yet another thing to search the RV for.

Yes but the power of denial can be overwhelming in the face even of remains wrapped in the victim's blanket. Cindy Anthony has never accepted or believed Caylee dead.

I think there is a spectrum of mental stability and of powers of denial. I'm sure each person at all familiar with the case has an opinion on just where on those spectra Cindy Anthony can be found.

The can was found on the side of the road in a wooded area.
JDB, we took about 15 pictures on my phone, but I'm not sure how to get them to my computer to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie