Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it because her dad was released from jail at that time? That's all I can think of...that the mom wanted to move away.

I am confused with the timeline.
but IIRC..Sierra was living with her dad prior to moving with mom toMorgan Hill.
Maybe another Sleuthers can clarify if I am off base?
TIA

I think that's incorrect. In the search for Ayla Reynolds a man missing since 2004 was found.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=194554

Both searches were going on at the same time. The person probably mixed them up.

In Sierra's mom's interview tonight on Jane Velez Mitchell, she mentioned Sierra trading clothes with friends but there was underwear in the bag. I doubt she was trading them too. That's why i say the mom doesn't act like she knows what Sierra was doing. Not criticizing her, just noticing this has happened just about every time i've seen her speak.

Generally speaking kids in public school need to attend in the district where they live. I feel bad for any highschooler who has to relocate during hs... its already so hard. As for moving to MH from Fremont, its not a huge deal as far as job commutes are concerned, around here.

LOL..I think it is and I only have to go x1 a week from Belmont to South San Jose and if I don't travel in the off times, it is a very big deal. I don't want to be on #101 between 6:00am and 9:00am or 4:00 to 7:00pm.

So I was reading back in the Timeline and Media threads for Sierra :

And on a March 20th video link I read :

(mother is handing out flyers at bus stop intersection ) (school bus stop )

Man in car : " And it just seemed odd,um,cause he was just - "

Marlene : " Please,report it to the police department. Because that - that's the biggest thing I've heard so far. "

So, it seems that a passing motorist,who Marlene had stopped and given a flyer to, actually may have seen someone who could be deemed suspicious very near Sierra's school bus stop. Wonder what ever happened ?

Both searches were going on at the same time. The person probably mixed them up.

In Sierra's mom's interview tonight on Jane Velez Mitchell, she mentioned Sierra trading clothes with friends but there was underwear in the bag. I doubt she was trading them too. That's why i say the mom doesn't act like she knows what Sierra was doing. Not criticizing her, just noticing this has happened just about every time i've seen her speak.

I noticed that too and she only addressed Jane's question if she had a bf but avoided commenting about drugs or marijuana. I wish Jane wouldn't interrupt and cut off people when they haven't finished talking and then go to commercial.

Marlene LaMar, center, weeps at Wednesday's candlelight vigil in Fremont as she describes seeking comfort by holding her daughter's dirty sock, just "so I could smell her." At left, the father of missing Sierra LaMar, holds a candle and Midsi Sanchez, at right, who was abducted and escaped from her Vallejo abductor in 2000, comforts the parents. (Dai Sugano/Staff)

The above photo an caption is heartbreaking

Okay, I figured that January is likely to be the coldest month of the year in the US. So I looked at this site:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/95037?climoMonth=1

And I see the average daily high in January is usually around 60 degrees F and the average daily low is around 38 degrees F. They had a record low of 22 degrees F back in 1987 but all the other record lows are for years well before 1987.

According to this site:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Morgan-Hill-California.html

The month with the highest amount of precipitation also happens to be January. They get about 4.5 inches in the entire month.

Now, I know I am a hick but this is nothing I recognise as weather. Weather involves temps below 10 degrees F or over 90 degrees F. Weather involves storms that dump 4.5 inches in 4 hours.

What am I missing here? What is there about this weather that would require making any sort of arrangements at all for a healthy 15 year old to avoid having to walk a half mile in it? <scratching head>

OK Granny I know we had a little disagree with my earlier post on her routine and possible backup contingencies and when they are used. Maybe it has to do with comfort (she lived closer at the old school) and the bus was not. All posters aren't all hardy mid-westerners and walk 10 miles in snow, and maybe others are trying to relate their own experience to offer an explanation of what may have happened and who would have been there at that time and why.

IDK,OBE, but that gate looks like it could be electronic ? Thing is, can we guesstimate where she would have been with regard to her morning routine, at 7:11, the time of her last text ? If it took her 15 minutes,give or take,to walk to the bus stop, and the bus left at, what,around 7 :28 or so ? Would that put her outside the gate, in the street when she last texted ? Or still walking down the driveway ?

And also, the female neighbor who said she used to see Sierra walking to the bus at around 7 :24 or so, but she didn't see her that morning ? The way this was discussed in the news made it sound like the neighbor didn't see anything,or anyone going by at around 7:24ish that morning... Could this mean that Sierra was not taken into a vehicle at that time at all ? Was she possibly taken into a house ? Or even into her own house ? Wish we knew... MOO

Forgive me, mods, for I am sinning. I don't have a link for it but I seem to recall that LE said that the last text from her phone at 7:11 am came from inside her house.

Her school bus stop was 0.4 miles away, so more like a 10 minute stroll (assuming time to close doors, text, text, text). A comfortable walking pace for an adult in reasonably good shape is a 15 minute mile (note: no texting involved <snrk>).

So far as I know, it has never been identified exactly where the neighbour lives who said she saw Sierra going back and forth from the bus stop. If that neighbour's view is closer to the bus stop, there probably wasn't anything for her to see.

The trailing dog lost her scent at the end of the driveway. Two of WS verified posters (sarx and Oriah) have indicated they know or know of the dogs used in that area and have good opinions of them.

Have there been any PICS of her boyfriend? How long has he been in Morgan Hill?

I only saw him briefly, and from a distance in the video where Marlene is handing flyers to people driving past the bus stop corner. But there may be other pix of him that I am not aware of, or don't remember.

I totally agree about the embarrassment part. On these high profile cases we always see the media and public digging up something that would be embarrassing to the family. I find it quite cruel to do to the family unless it is used to serve a useful purpose in the investigation. If it continues to just be gossiped about after that it's wrong.

Kids can have online accounts that parents don't know about. It is so easy to do. Parents can hover over them and spend all day long trying to protect them but bad things can and do still happen. I doubt with all the hours her mother worked that she spent all her free time digging back through Sierra's Facebook, twitter and texts reading things. Yes, some parents might do this (usually if they have a lot of time on their hands) but is it really psychologically healthy? IMO no! The best thing a parent can do is have open communication and teach their children to be safe and then hope that as teenagers they make good choices. A teen will find a way around restrictions that are imposed on them if they want to. Seriously, how far can parents go with this? I feel like the next thing I am going to read is my daughter is 40 and I still walk around holding her hand everywhere she goes!

Sierra's mother is on national television, her daughter is missing and she knows she most likely is dead and LE has instructed her not to say to much so she has to think about her answers. This mother is in shock and despair, let's please not judge the fact that she is nervous. She may be looking to the side because she doesn't know how or what she can say and is trying to get feedback from someone else.

JMO

BeginnersLuck, thank you was not enough.

It's not just your opinion, I share it.

Thank you again.

Tell me about it. I had one that would eat the glasses of his victims. There is weird then there is the bizarre.

I guess you have seen stuff that you tell yourself, "No one could make this carp up!"

I don't know if it's been discussed, as I've rushed through the last couple of pages but there was a tweet from a related party that claimed to not have known her personally but knew that there were select people who did not care for her. It makes me sad to read that. However, I hope the people this tweeter claims didn't like her, have been interviewed. You can get so lost in that mess and it's so interesting how people are intertwined. Jmo

Am I allowed to post links to other articles of crimes committed for discussion on this case as reference or is that not allowed?

LOL..I think it is and I only have to go x1 a week from Belmont to South San Jose and if I don't travel in the off times, it is a very big deal. I don't want to be on #101 between 6:00am and 9:00am or 4:00 to 7:00pm.

If you only have to go once a week I guess it might be a big deal.

I live 15 miles from my office and it can take an hour on a good day. My husband works 30 miles from here (in Fremont), and he can get to his office quicker than me. It's Silicon Valley (well not where you are, but here), so traffic is the norm, its just part of it.

Am I allowed to post links to other articles of crimes committed for discussion on this case as reference or is that not allowed?

As long as it's an allowed site, you sure can! :hug: If it's not an allowed site, it will go ****** instead of show the link. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288