AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Was there anyone else other than the immediate family in the house the night she went missing?

A: Information that is crucial to us and important to the investigation will not be released.

I wondered who exactly was in the house that night .. Also, I don't understand why LE will not say if Isa was actually in school on that Friday.What possible reason could there be for not saying ? MOO

Q: Has the family been officially ruled out as NCMEC says "non family abduction?"

A: The organizer of NCMEC is still in town and he is not sure how he makes decisions on what to put on website. He will follow up on that.

Perhaps someone could help me out.

I am a bit confused about the Celis Family wanting or needing police protection.
Is that common in missing children cases?

It seems they are afraid about something happening if they return home.
I don't understand it either unless their afraid someone will come to harm their other children. I also don't understand them not wanting to return to the home just in the slightest case the girl makes her way back home. I know that is highly unlikely by as parents you'd be grasping at any straws. Most missing childrens parents stay in the same home and keep the same phone number "just in case". IMO

"Massive amount" of lead sheets. That is the core of their protocol for this investigation and that is what they are working on.

I gotta say, I feel I am incredibly in tune with dogs, kinda have to be. With that said... I've got some chihuahuas that live in a house down at the bottom of the hill that sound like they are being tortured everytime they step foot out of their house (they're not, that's just how they yap, out of control). It is so bad and horrid sounding that the first time I heard it I actually called 911 because I thought it was a child, and it sounded like someone was dying, no joke. They go off like this at least 3 times a day. At this point, they could be telling the world that someone was dying in the house and I wouldn't pay any attention, they always sound that way. Sad but true. So, depending on the dogs and the situation, I do totally understand how someone would just ignore them even if they were going nuts.

Oh, I would not call police. I would call animal control.
TAC has a noise ordinance for animals, too. The neighbors seem to know the Celis' dogs and their barking, so I am betting TAC has had calls.

Not all communities have an "animal control" department. The city where we used to live had its own PD with a special "animal control" division and vehicles for transporting animals running loose or collecting roadkill. The community where we now live does not have its own PD, so we'd have to contact the county sheriff for animal-related complaints.

Just need to share a little bit about Misha and neighbors and barking. My neighbor is about 10 feet from the side of the house Misha sleeps to their back door/driveway with no solid wall barriers in-between.

Misha is use to my neighbor and never barks when he is watering his lawn in the back of his house at 4:30 AM (yup) before he leaves for work at 5:00 AM. My neighbor starts his pick-up at that time and Misha just doesn't care.

My neighbor sometimes will use my driveway to park, and he will come across my front lawn at 5:00 AM to get in his truck and Misha doesn't care as he is use to the normal routine of my neighbors on both sides of me and across from me.

However, if one of my neighbor's co-workers comes to pick up my neighbor at 5:00 AM, then Misha is up and barking to let me know a stranger has arrived.

On that note, I feel the Celis' dogs and the neighbor's dogs would not bark unless it is someone they are not aware of on a regular basis in the neighborhood.

BUT then, I could have an exceptionally smart dog that knows the difference and has an inner "stranger/danger" feeling.

Those little or big noses can smell things that we are not even aware of. If they smell that scent of "fear" on a person, they will lift that nose up in the air to see where it is coming from.

Misha will run out the back door so quickly and I am thinking he needs to do his business quick, however, he smells my neighbor in the backyard and just sits to wait until they pet him.

I always check on him while out there and there he is waiting for my neighbor and I wonder how they heck did he know they were out there.

I wish my doggies were like yours.

I think they just love to bark. They even bark if they see our own kids or grands or close friends turning in our driveway. Little stinkers just have to let us know someone is here whether they are excited to see them or they are thinking they may not like them because they are strangers! Now the closer the people get to our door the bark will change.

If it is someone they know and love they will bark then whine...and they think the door cant be open fast enough to suit them but if it is a stranger or even the postlady or UPS man........they both are like Cujo and are highly upset.

But if they see a cat outside or even a squirrel or bird while they are looking out one of the glass doors they will just bark and bark and bark! LOL!

IMO, I wish the media would ask exactly what type of leads LE is receiving. Massive amount of leads and in 6 days, they seem to have nothing.

H/T to SurfieTX for the live posts during the presser. I wasn't listening and appreciate the "transcript" :)

Q: Has the family been officially ruled out as NCMEC says "non family abduction?"

A: The organizer of NCMEC is still in town and he is not sure how he makes decisions on what to put on website. He will follow up on that.

iirc her poster has been like that since the start..

(re: non family abduction)

I don't understand it either unless their afraid someone will come to harm their other children. I also don't understand them not wanting to return to the home just in the slightest case the girl makes her way back home. I know that is highly unlikely by as parents you'd be grasping at any straws. Most missing childrens parents stay in the same home and keep the same phone number "just in case". IMO

I could understand if they knew their child was deceased, not going back in the home where the bad thing happened. I have a bit of trouble understanding not going home if they believe kidnappers have their child or their child is missing under other circumstances.

The way we usually see kidnappings for gain depicted in film would have the parents wanting to be home, with little to none police presense in case the kidnappers want contact without police involved, right?

Perhaps that's why the father's statement about "demands" was odd to me. If one thinks there might be demands, does one think think these criminals would contact family through the police or media?

I suppose I am relying too much on assumption. I know these come from books or film, because we simpy don't have many kidnappings for ransom in this country.

I wish my doggies were like yours.

I think they just love to bark. They even bark if they see our own kids or grands or close friends turning in our driveway. Little stinkers just have to let us know someone is here whether they are excited to see them or they are thinking they may not like them because they are strangers! Now the closer the people get to our door the bark will change.

If it is someone they know and love they will bark then whine...and they think the door cant be open fast enough to suit them but if it is a stranger or even the postlady or UPS man........they both are like Cujo and are highly upset.

But if they see a cat outside or even a squirrel or bird while they are looking out one of the glass doors they will just bark and bark and bark! LOL!

Misha is not perfect, because if my son calls to let me know he is coming over, and all I say is OK, Misha knows and just waits for him and then barks himself into a frenzy when my son pulls into the driveway.

He has a couple of barks for stranger approaching, son arriving, UPS & FEDEX as they give him a treat.

If only we knew what was the norm for the neighbor's dogs as that would give me a better insight to what these dogs react to.

I gotta say, I feel I am incredibly in tune with dogs, kinda have to be. With that said... I've got some chihuahuas that live in a house down at the bottom of the hill that sound like they are being tortured everytime they step foot out of their house (they're not, that's just how they yap, out of control). It is so bad and horrid sounding that the first time I heard it I actually called 911 because I thought it was a child, and it sounded like someone was dying, no joke. They go off like this at least 3 times a day. At this point, they could be telling the world that someone was dying in the house and I wouldn't pay any attention, they always sound that way. Sad but true. So, depending on the dogs and the situation, I do totally understand how someone would just ignore them even if they were going nuts.

That is what we have done, sarx.

We have heard our neighbor's three large dogs bark for so many years we just tune it out.

Now our dogs are inside at night and they dont bark. Well let me say the oldest one doesn't. Sometimes the youngest one will if he sees a cat pass by our french doors on a moonlit night.

So we do pay attention to our dogs. If Maggie, our oldest dog, starts barking..then my husband is up with his .357 in hand to check it out. That has only happened twice in 7 years since we have had Maggie so if anyone was snooping around they left when they heard her start barking.

I don't know what to make of the neighbor and voices, either; except that it sounds as though the dogs were in the backyard from the neighbors statement. Did the dogs stay there nightly? Would not they bark at anything all night if that were true? Certainly if someone entered their territory.

If the dogs were outside, I would have a whole new set of questions. Did the mom let them out before she left for work, which might suggest she left for work earlier than 6:30 am? If the Mom left at 7:30 as reported, why did she not call dogs "going nuts" at 6:30 am back in the house?

None of it is making any sense to me.

Did she leave at 730 or is that when her shift started IMO that makes a big difference. IIRC I read that her shift started at 0730. I am a nurse and IMO at 630 BC would for sure be up and getting ready for work if her shift started at 730 and if she lives nearby the hospital she works for BC might have been home and might have heard all of the noise the neighbor heard claims to have heard. Now if she had a commute and her shift started at 0730 then at 0630 BC might have already left for work.

I'm glad the parents came out and spoke. Now I feel terrible doubting them. I feel their pain. This is so sad.

My dog barks when I leave the house. I have everything ready and leave right away so he won't wake my family up.

Since its a commercial area maybe the neighbor heard men making a delivery.

Prayers for this sweet little girl :praying:

I'm still puzzled by Sergio Celis' mention of "demands" during his brief statement yesterday. When LE Chief was questioned about this during a later presser, he stated that there had been no ransom demands in Isabel's disappearance. Why would Isa's dad plea to kidnappers and mention "meeting (their) demands" if there hasn't been a ransom demand? Does anyone else find this odd?

Personally I think he said that out of hope or wishfull thinking. I just watched the statement again and he said something like "whoever has her, please contact us, and let us know your demands." IMO, it is easier for him to consider this as a kidnapping, rather than a pedophile abduction, thus pleading for ransom. If my daughter were missing from her bed, I too would be begging to hear demands. By begging to hear demands he is holding on to hope that they can meet their demands and get their daughter back. Considering a pedophile has her, means she is most likely gone, and he's not going to consider this yet. just imo though...

Praying for you safe return beautiful Isabel!

Q: Was there anyone else other than the immediate family in the house the night she went missing?

A: Information that is crucial to us and important to the investigation will not be released.

IMO, this means that there was someone else at the house overnight or at least at some point between 11 and 8. How many times have we heard LE say that no one other than immediate family was in the house when something happened? The fact that they won't do that here means only one thing, IMO. (Now, it doesn't mean that person was involved... It could be that the 10 year old had a sleepover or something... But, I definitely think it means someone else was there.)

Who ever did this abduction, when caught should be locked up forever!
Children have the right to sleep in their own beds in their own homes.
This is happening to many times and I am believing in the hang em high theory!
Look what everyone is going through with this painful ordeal!
Poor little Isabel, God Bless Her!!!

While I can understand tuning dogs out, it is hard for me to understand why a family who has a charge pending in court with possibly very large fines about the very dogs in question would allow dogs to "go nuts" at a very early hour of the morning, if any time of the day?

The incident happened just the Friday before, the charge was made on the 19th, just a day or two before, and they were set to go to court today.

If one is already in trouble with Tuscon Animal Care enough for them to file a misdemeanror charge with large fines AND possible jail time, why would one not at least be sensitive to dogs barking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth