CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything we can make of this? A major production company is casting now for a docu-series about re-uniting with a Long Lost Love. It's provisionally entitled 'missed connections,' but I'm sure that'll change as it's not very inspiring. They are seeking people who want to find their long lost love.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/Casting-Ca...ies/casting_missed_connections_docuseries.htm

No idea when it will actually air, but if it really takes off and proves popular it might generate a lot of media, and maybe media will then look more favourably on a story about 'our' tragic couple who reunited only to lose each other again?

I've just realized they put an upper age limit of 40 on it, for participants. I think they are aiming to have the same age participants as their audience demographic. What a mistake, in my opinion. I don't think they realize how moved all age groups can be by seeing seniors finding their first love again after many, many years apart.

I hope he is home for Christmas as well-Mrs Harrod has been trapped and waiting for a very long time.

Let's do it-lets whittle some of this down to impactful "bites" of information. It will be infinitely easier to inspire someone to take a deeper look once they become intrigued. :). Less lyrical and maybe a little more go for the jugular. I am going to start pondering one using PPD's status change info of suspicious homicide and tie it into something about Bob's inner circle being responsible. Feel free to post anything you want opinions on, even if you choose these two pieces of info as well!!

I missed that completely. Where is the status change? Come to think of it, where is the status?

I haven't checked the numbers yet, but probably not, lol.

In my previous post, "miss" should have read "wish". It is my Christmas wish for Bob to be located and brought home.

Cubby, I'm still waiting to hear if you won the lottery.

No one won. It rolled over and will be approximately 550 million for Tuesdays drawing.

Interesting info at the following link. Apparently one has a better chance of being attacked by a shark than winning the lottery. And getting struck by lightening multiple times.....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/us/mega-millions-jackpot/

Winning this lotto would make for one nice reward for Bob's case. And someone is going to win. We'll just wait and see...and dream.

O/T for this thread, but re the lottery, ABC national news tonight explained that the lottery folks have changed things a bit to make it even harder for anyone to win. The numbers used to run from 1-56. Now they run from 1-70, thus making a win even less likely. As the linked article above states, odds are 1 in 259 million now.

I wonder what the odds are for an 81-year-old in Placentia to disappear from their home, in the short time it took their son-in-law to go to the hardware store?

While engaged on a pretty unsuccessful search for missing over 80s in OC who have not been located quickly, I noticed Bob isn't listed here.

http://ocsd.org/divisions/fieldops/investigations/cib/missing

Does anyone know the reason why that would be?

ETA: I'm confused again. North Investigations are responsible for Placentia. But I thought Placentia PD were responsible for Placentia?
http://ocsd.org/divisions/fieldops/investigations/cib/north

Whatever, I still think Bob could appear as an Orange County missing person, as well as a Placentia missing person.

I missed that completely. Where is the status change? Come to think of it, where is the status?

Bob's case is not just a missing person's case-it is a suspicious homicide according to PPD by way of the most recent media. Including, IIRC, the Disappeared interviews done with PPD.

I am going to ask for a new thread-if you have posts and info on this thread you want to bring over, please make note of and let's bring it all over. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member