GUILTY LA - Dr. Robert Chastant, 59, New Iberia, 13 Dec 2010

Okay. I submitted the following coverage request to The Advertiser. Hopefully, they'll get a writer on it soon.

If anyone would like to copy this letter to any other publication, please feel free. No need to use my name if you'd like to use your own.

Thanks 'Alina....I just sent them an email.....wonderful idea!

Whoa, this is so strange. The doctor is the brother in law of one of my best friends from high school and his wife Laurie and my sister were friends growing up. Many prayers to their family, this is heart breaking. 'Ailina, I'm a friend of Heather Miller's, will pass on the enthusiasm here to have a story on him and his work for missing children.

So bizarre to see names I know here on WS :(

queen...Thank you so much for offering to put in a word to Heather. And I'm sorry this terrible thing has hit home for you, too. I didn't know Dr. Chastant myself, but the more I learn about him from those who did know him, the more I regret such a brilliant life taken too soon.

Autopsy Back for Dr. Robert Chastant

The preliminary report is back on the autopsy of Dr. Robert Chastant. The coroner, Dr. Carl Ditch, says the cause of death appears to be multiple blunt force trama to the head and neck. It has been ruled a homicide. Ditch says the doctor was assaulted by a blunt object, but would not indicate what the possible murder weapon could be.

http://www.katc.com/news/autopsy-back-for-dr-robert-chastant/

Heather Miller's article was perfect. Sensitive and inspiring.... I'm so glad the paper chose to run it. That's a story that should be known.

From July 2011:

http://theadvocate.com/home/377158-79/family-vents-rage-at-killer.html

Ismaiel Viera... who tended to Chastant’s horses and worked as a handyman for the orthodontist, admitted to hitting Chastant multiple times with a hammer during an argument over tools that belonged to Chastant.

Viera, 22, pleaded guilty in June to second-degree murder, which carries a mandatory life sentence.

District Judge Keith R.J. Comeaux sentenced Viera to life in prison without benefit of probation, parole or suspension of sentence in the Dec. 13 death of the 59-year-old orthodontist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back