Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
PT's take on this has interested me. I can't help thinking that before recent State govt changeover we had QPS saying that an arrest was very close blaa blaa. Govt changes - all of a sudden we hear nothing from QPS! PT was - maybe still is - an ALP member. I can't help but wonder if there isn't something political about this. JMHO.

I don't think anything more will happen now until the end of the financial year. This may sound stupid but QPS, like all other government bodies have a budget to adhere to in any given financial year.

Roll on 1st. July. :woohoo:

MOO.

Reluctant? ... someone like TM being asked to mind the girls that night?? ... without knowing what was really going on?

Possibility and IMO it is starting to look really messy and much less like a DV gone wrong.

With all respect to Rudra I am starting to get a feeling that the QPS and DPP have nailed GBC and are trying to nail the accessories. Not just as accessories before or after the fact of a criminal homicide but in relation to a whole lot more. Those company structures from what I could gleam looked incredible suss and IMO everyone involved (including TM) are up to their proverbial ears.

I believe GBC will be nailed for criminal homicide, crimininal negligence, misuse of public funds due to not providing information whilst 100s are searching, fraud, certain high levels of white-collar crime incl use of trust funds, conflicts of interest, financial corruption and the rest of them will go down like rats on a sinking ship. They will have accessory to criminal homicide before or after the fact charges as well as primary charges relating to all of the above.

All IMOO

Time for bed. Goodnight all. The sunflowers are like beacons of justice!!!

If we are lucky enough to get this case to trial, does anyone know if it would be likely to be an open court? Are murder trials usually open to the public ? I for one would love to be present for the presentation of facts and findings !
I'm sure it would be open to the public.
I'd urge you to go if you have the chance, it's certainly an eye opener into how the system works.
I've been again today to one of NZ's most fascinating cases for a while.
I think it's my latest addiction. I'm really annoyed that I can't go back tomorrow.

Oh I think it is a group hug thing. The natives are restless!

A couple of the posters are continuing their vigil of placing sunflowers at Kholo bridge, and it was suggested that the sunflower become a rememberance flower for Allison - something along those lines.

I think it may have stemmed from one of the reports about Allison which mentioned..."She was the wall print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers that hangs over her living room"

http://www.news.com.au/national/eve...e-girl-next-door/story-e6frfkvr-1226347315119

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. Still pondering about it, but am thinking I might keep my musings to myself.

Cheers

If we are lucky enough to get this case to trial, does anyone know if it would be likely to be an open court? Are murder trials usually open to the public ? I for one would love to be present for the presentation of facts and findings !

Yes, murder trials are usually open courts. I've been a juror on a murder trial. Only time court is closed is usually if kids are involved and occasionally for other sensitive reasons. Beyond Reasonable Doubt!

From that perspective, the only facts we have is that she was murdered sometime after having a hair appointment and found under the Kohlo bridge, apparently wearing sports gear. There is another general fact though, which is statistical evidence that in 9 out of 10 cases, the partner is the culprit.

When you think of "means, motive and opportunity", I can see her husband having the opportunity and various means, but we don't know the motive at this stage.

CC I have never understood these statistics references consistently thrown up by many posters over 20 threads, as part of the "evidence".

"9 out of 10 cases", what does that mean? Does it mean that 9 out of 10 murders are committed by the victims partner? Surely not, with all the bikie, gang and drug related crime reported.

So it must mean 9 out of 10 intimate homicides are committed by the victims partner - which of course makes complete sense if we are referring to intimate homicide. I mean, other than "partner" I'm not sure what other relationships could fall into the "intimate" category?

So I thought I would do a little research, according to an Aust Govt statistic link, in the case of 53% of female homicide victims, the offender is an intimate partner. Another 41% of offenders are defined as family/friends/acquaintances/other.

The remaining 6% of offenders are strangers (so QPS weren't really saying much at all when they suggested the offender was known to Alison!).

http://www.aic.gov.au/en/statistics/homicide/victim-offender.aspx

Hope this clears up a few misconceptions being thrown around.

Just to add to the above - I was wondering what "other" could include, then I found some "fine print" at the bottom of the website: Includes work colleagues, employee/employer, former employee/employer, gang members, and former gang members

CC I have never understood these statistics references consistently thrown up by many posters over 20 threads, as part of the "evidence".

"9 out of 10 cases", what does that mean? Does it mean that 9 out of 10 murders are committed by the victims partner? Surely not, with all the bikie, gang and drug related crime reported.

So it must mean 9 out of 10 intimate homicides are committed by the victims partner - which of course makes complete sense if we are referring to intimate homicide. I mean, other than "partner" I'm not sure what other relationships could fall into the "intimate" category?

So I thought I would do a little research, according to an Aust Govt statistic link, in the case of 53% of female homicide victims, the offender is an intimate partner. Another 41% of offenders are defined as family/friends/acquaintances/other.

The remaining 6% of offenders are strangers (so QPS weren't really saying much at all when they suggested the offender was known to Alison!).

I meant intimate homicide. I had read that the percentage of these intimate homicides (not all homicides against women) committed by the partner was around 85%. Will see if I find the link.

Thanks STELLA85. I googled her birth date just after your last post (about hoping something happens before her B'day) and ended up looking at the funeral photos again. Needless to say, I've had tears streaming down my face for the past 20 mins - the photos of the youngest daughters, saying goodbye to their mum are absolutely heart wrenching. I'm trying to hide my bleary eyes and runny nose from my hubby (who thinks I'm obsessed!) I actually forgot what I was googling in the first place! Anyway, July 1st will be on our school holidays - might do something really special with my kids ......

Just after a bit of clarification (because I can't bring myself to read through the last three and a half threads after I missed them): I'm wondering why some posters are using sunflowers as their avatar?

I think that it is because a few posters have taken sunflowers to Kholo Creek bridge on behalf of people on this forum...and so the sunflowers are in honour of Allison and the "bright and sunny" lady that she is reported to have been.

Even though I think they are lovely.....I am not technological enough to give myself a sunflower avatar..........so I will enjoy everyone else's sunflower avatars.

Great stat, probably the most sensible set of numbers pulled out of one of these threads. Cheers for that

Would Allison have been 44 on 1st July?

All the rubbish with my husband culminated when I was 43 / 44 too.

Reminds me of what my friend (whose wife had just left him) said. He said when you are in your 40's you are either having **** dumped on you or are dumping **** on someone else.

Sigh, most of us are lucky enough to come through the other side, but poor Allison wasn't that lucky.

Curousacacat... I don't understand....can you please explain the link......I must have missed something....sorry.

And also.....Toowong(s)...if you are still reading.....I'm on the fence with you at the moment....your post didn't have a thanks button on my Iphone....and I don't make posts from it.....it is handy to use to keep up with the posts whilst I am waiting for my children etc though.....Sorry!

Thanks Seeking - a few others have come out of the woodwork since as well.

My attempted "poll" was interesting nonetheless as it confirmed my thoughts - fence sitters (however defined, but essentially "undecided" and "impartial") are the overwhelming minority, which I find really interesting given the lack of known facts.

But I also completely understand it - there is really no one else for to consider, nothing else to go on at all.

<Mod Snip>

I have just been exploring the Avatar options. I am not very good at this type of exploration, but here goes. I think it is a beautiful idea to have Sunflowers as the symbol for the memories of this lovely lady, as from all that I have read, she was just that - a Sunflower, who will always be remembered for the good, decent person she was. Rest in Peace Allison.

Yay, it worked. I'm learning.

Possibility and IMO it is starting to look really messy and much less like a DV gone wrong.

With all respect to Rudra I am starting to get a feeling that the QPS and DPP have nailed GBC and are trying to nail the accessories. Not just as accessories before or after the fact of a criminal homicide but in relation to a whole lot more. Those company structures from what I could gleam looked incredible suss and IMO everyone involved (including TM) are up to their proverbial ears.

I believe GBC will be nailed for criminal homicide, crimininal negligence, misuse of public funds due to not providing information whilst 100s are searching, fraud, certain high levels of white-collar crime incl use of trust funds, conflicts of interest, financial corruption and the rest of them will go down like rats on a sinking ship. They will have accessory to criminal homicide before or after the fact charges as well as primary charges relating to all of the above.

All IMOO

Time for bed. Goodnight all. The sunflowers are like beacons of justice!!!

Thank you Rational. In my opinion you have hit the nail on the head. :rocker:

I know this may sound silly to some but Allison like one of my 3 daughters was a cancerian. Gentle gentle women. ( Nothing comes before her spouse and her children in a Cancer woman's life and thus, she often she forgets her own needs). Makes me sad. Hope they get the bastards that hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88