Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bob Harrod's SAR thread

Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bob Harrod's SAR thread

Is it possible there is no post on Bob's new thread?

Of course not. Because here is the first one: Does anyone here know what time Bob Harrod went missing?

If you don't, just repeat after me;

11am. (JuM)
11am -12 pm (PB call)
Maybe one? Noon? ( JuM)
By Noon (Housekeeper, according to 'Disappeared, version 1)
3.04pm (JeM)
1.30 ish-3pm plus (LE. Sorry, but they said it, not me. I think. Never have been quite sure exactly what LE WAS saying about JeM's receipts and 'timeline').

ETA: I think I've missed a time here, but it's so hard to keep track.

A little style/abbreviation guide for any new members.

Bob. Mr Harrod. - Robert (Bob) Harrod. Our missing man.
JeM - Bob's son-in-law. Last reported person to have seen Bob. Married to JuM, Bob's youngest daughter.
PB - Bob's oldest daughter.
RB - Bob's middle daughter.
JuM - Bob's youngest daughter. Married to JeM
AH - Bob's grandson. Son of JeM and JuM.
FH. Mrs Harrod - Bob's wife. Easily distinguishable from all the other Harrods in this case, as she's the one who's actually looking for him.
CL. Housekeeper - Cleaning lady. Housekeeper. Only one who seemed worried when Bob first went missing.
PE - Bob's best friend, who paid a price for supporting Bob.
BL. Hairdresser - Really dodgy, according to some. Not dodgy enough to have had a single thing to do with Bob's disappearance, according to LE.

Opie, I realised last night and today there was no-one here and I had the chance to fill an entire thread with my posts! I could have done it, too. That's a sure way to get zonked by a mod though, so I've been really restrained and waited patiently until someone made another post. Thank you!

I went on the Jennifer Ramsaran thread while I was waiting. Someone mentioned in passing a family Trust was involved. Gave me a heart attack, but no-one paid much attention as it looks like the poor lady has been found.

Dear Bob's thread had given me a good grounding in what to look for, and it didn't make me any easier in my mind. I just wanted to write in big capital letters, come and look on Bob's thread! Poor, poor lady. Her poor children, her poor loved ones. But at least it seems she will come home.

When I think of poor Mrs Harrod out there, having lost Bob not once, but TWICE.......it's too much. It really is too much. She should be free to enjoy her grandchildren now, without waking up with this black cloud every morning.

I would post one of those flaming smileys now, if my tablet would let me.

Hi, all-I am still around but will be spending some time on SAR stuff for Bob's case both on and off the boards. We may bring some of it up here per Oriah's suggestion on the last thread.

Sigh. No-one's going to post the flaming smiley for me. Never mind.

I have no math skills. But funnily enough, I am good with statistics. It's not that mathematical, imo. Anyway, my point is I have been trying to find empirical evidence for the likelihood of an 81-year-old disappearing and not being recovered within days. In California.

Then I realised I would have to go about setting out the meaning of empirical, peer-reviewed etc, as statistics are so easy to manipulate to suit different purposes. Then I had a brainwave. For anyone who has any doubts about how rare this case is, check Namus for people of 81 years, missing for more than three years in California. Or any state, for that matter. See what your results are.

Then check for a young male or female, 18-30, missing at the same date. Compare.

That's how unusual Bob's disappearance is.

http://www.namus.gov/

Hi, all-I am still around but will be spending some time on SAR stuff for Bob's case both on and off the boards. We may bring some of it up here per Oriah's suggestion on the last thread.

Does that mean that I should start discussing SAR here for Bob?

Here you go Zwie :furious:

I think we should definitely bring SAR up here to get more perspectives from not just sleuthers, but our guests as well.

Can't agree more about bringing some SAR stuff up here - we all know the rules and guests should be able to see what we are working on, imo. We never know what they might add.

Thank you so much for my flaming smiley, Mountain Misst. I reckon he's an Aries.

Brought from prior thread #13 post 1043

posted by Zwiebel

I can't help feeling if a 911 call had been made, certain people would would be letting everyone know in no uncertain terms now.

Regarding Oriah's window of time; I always thought three pm was an odd time for a housekeeper to arrive. That's why 12pm made so much sense to me when we first heard it on the Disappeared clip. I still lean towards that being the time the housekeeper did arrive, and three pm was the time she left, just after JeM had left to get his 3.04pm receipt from Home Depot. The removal of the narrator in Disappeared has thrown it up in the air a bit though.

BBM. It is odd but remember that this wasn't her regular day to work. She was coming in at his request. For all we know she cleans for other people and 3pm was the time that she could fit into her schedule on that day.

Mel

zwie, if your tablet wont let you just remember these ones here okay?

each smiley is end capped with a :

so to do the flaming one you would simply type : then the word burn followed by another : it will look like this but without the spaces between the colons and the word:

: burn : :burn:

for this thread you may also need the following emoticons:

: sick : :sick:

: rolleyes : :rolleyes:

and

: waitasec : :waitasec:

hope that helps :)

Thanks tlcya. :burn: :sick: :rolleyes: :waitasec: :)

Regarding the CL and the change of schedule; I hadn't thought of that being a reason for a 3pm start, but it makes sense.

A 3pm 'centre' for the timeline is what we started on way back on thread number one I think. I'll go back and have a look because our long-term posters have done so much work on this already, it's always worth bringing stuff up to look at again.

I haven't got very far because I became completely distracted by this post from Dreamweaver, here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

An article is quoted which has sadly disappeared from the link. In it, Jum and JeM are said to have been Bob's caretakers. Can this the same JuM who was later complaining about being cut out of Bob's life and him suddenly expecting to take up where they left off? Did Bob actually require a caretaker? That's news to me. How can a person be a caretaker for someone who has cut them out of their lives?

I would love to see that article, and who the reporter got that information from. I don't suppose anyone kept a copy of it?

Sigh. No-one's going to post the flaming smiley for me. Never mind.

I have no math skills. But funnily enough, I am good with statistics. It's not that mathematical, imo. Anyway, my point is I have been trying to find empirical evidence for the likelihood of an 81-year-old disappearing and not being recovered within days. In California.

Then I realised I would have to go about setting out the meaning of empirical, peer-reviewed etc, as statistics are so easy to manipulate to suit different purposes. Then I had a brainwave. For anyone who has any doubts about how rare this case is, check Namus for people of 81 years, missing for more than three years in California. Or any state, for that matter. See what your results are.

Then check for a young male or female, 18-30, missing at the same date. Compare.

That's how unusual Bob's disappearance is.

http://www.namus.gov/

Bumping this to tell you to ignore the link guys, sorry. It can't be done on Namus without a widgetmaker and a widget to do it (great tech-speak) . I wasn't thinking when I made the post. Sorry again to anyone who got frustrated.

There are lots of lengthy info sources for different states which can be compared, but I found this English one with such a beautifully simple, clear graphic, I'm posting that. It says it all, really and though the numbers for the whole of England are probably equal to half a single state in the US, I am confident the underlying trends in both countries are exactly the same.

To put it starkly, the graph shows age 12-21 missing people numbers as skyscrapers. Age 80+ people have a single-level bungalow. On page 12.

http://www.npia.police.uk/en/docs/Missing_Persons_Data_and_Analysis_2009-10.pdf

While looking for the info in my post above, I found this article about the silver alert system being introduced in CA in January this year. Ironically, it is being limited to those seniors who have some form of dementia. So if it had been in place when Bob went missing, that 'dementia theory' by someone would have triggered an alert for him.
http://www.examiner.com/article/california-to-begin-issuing-silver-alerts

Here is some more, national info about this system. Although the vast majority of missing seniors are located within 48 hours, close to home, I was wondering why we don't have a silver alert thread here on WS.
http://nationalsilveralert.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member