AZ AZ - Abraham 'Abe' Kalaf, 79, Tucson, 24 July 1996

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.svherald.com/articles/2008/03/09/news/doc47d39ddcbf22e400232176.txt

9 March 08

In September 1996, an elderly miner named Abe Kalaf was reported missing in Cochise County, and the initial report had no direct information as to what part of the county he was in, Limon said.

“It was not until a rancher east of Tombstone off Gleeson Road came upon the abandoned pickup in a wash did we get involved,” Limon said.

That initial search took place in October. The team went back the following November. The team went back once in 1997, and another time since then, but never found Kalaf.

“Unlike other missing people, we believe he tried to flag his direction of travel, except instead of heading west toward civilization, he went east toward the Dragoons. We scoured the area but to no success,” Limon said.

Kalaf’s abandoned 1989 Dodge Ram prompted the air and ground search. He was last seen July 24 in the area of Oracle and Orange Grove roads in Tucson and never showed up at the Adobe Lodge motel in Tombstone, where he was due to stay while doing work in the area.

It appeared he accidentally drove into a wash while traveling south on Gleeson Road.

“Leading from that vehicle was plastic flagging tape — a beeline heading northeast,” Limon said. “The tagging kept getting smaller, like he was running out.”

The tagging trail finally stopped, but they never found Kalaf.

more at link

Bumping case up. It has been fifteen years since old Abe went missing. I wonder if he might be inside one of the old Silver mines in the area. I doubt that he would be very far from where his truck was parked.

Bumping up for Abraham and his family.

Abraham Maloof Kalaf – The Charley Project

Clothing/Jewelry Description
A tangerine-colored golf shirt, khaki pants, Reebok sneakers, a gray Sandvik baseball cap and possibly a turquoise bolo tie.

I hope someday his family will have answers. Maybe he will be located in the area but outside the search zone.
I feel for his family.

poor man I hope that one day it will be known what happened to him but I think he must still be in the area buried or maybe some worker from his company took revenge and there was foul play

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back