How and where did George and Margaret meet?

Hi all, I hope that the below records can be interesting abt where GB meet MK; by newspaperarchive, just for curiosity I put MK name for all California places, and back this results (I have no the subscription and it is possible read free just a abstract ):

Oakland Tribune - Friday, January 23, 1953, Oakland, California

...for by insurance or otherwise Margaret Kukoda former Oakland nurse in San Francisco for gation of performing... ...Nurse Held on Surgery Plaint Margaret Kukoda 35 of 1055 Fell Street San Francisco a for- mer...

Oakland Tribune - Friday, January 23, 1953, Oakland, California

... Margaret Kukoda, former Oakland nurse, held in San Francisco for Investi- gation... .... Nurse Held on 'Surgery' Plaint Margaret Kukoda, 35, of 1055 Fell Street, San Francisco, a for- mer...

Oakland Tribune - Tuesday, January 27, 1953, Oakland, California

..medicine Practice the technique of articulation that is re- peat audibly some peaceful words Words have profound suggestive power and there is Indicted In Illegal Surgery Margaret Kukoda 33 former Oakland Naval Hospital nurse was indicted last night by the San Francisco grand jury on two count

Oakland Tribune - Tuesday, January 27, 1953, Oakland, California
... Ex-Nurse Indicted In Illegal Surgery Margaret Kukoda, 35, former Oakland Naval Hospital nurse, was indicted last night by the San Francisco grand jury on tw

I believe that GB meet MK in Oakland.

raf

I contacted a woman who was doing research on her DeVor family a couple years ago. She said she would check her records for a Russell (however she confirmed that he was related to her uncle), and get back with me. Still no word from her. Can someone search thru Ancestry website for Russell? Perhaps if Russell was MK's boyfriend who she headed to CA with, he may have gotten married later after their split or her death. The family claims it was her boyfriend Russell who sent her remains back east.

If the family was convinced Russell sent her remains back East, could he be the connection between Margaret and GB? I'm assuming once Mararet had passed, GB had no use for her so in his frugal mind, perhaps he called Russell to handle her cremation, etc? I find it odd GB would invest the time, money and effort into Margaret's remains...what purpose did it serve GB? He seemed to only do things that served a greater purpose for him...just a thought.

Perhaps GB stole Margaret from Russell? He seemed to have a history of manipulating intelligent people down a bad path...

Just wanted to bump this thread as I feel Russell D. Is key to all of this (see previous comments). I have close ties to a D family from San Mateo, and their son committed suicide in the 70s.

Just wanted to bump this thread as I feel Russell D. Is key to all of this (see previous comments). I have close ties to a D family from San Mateo, and their son committed suicide in the 70s.

i would love to hear more info on this d family if you dont feel comfortable posting the info on here you can private message me i to believe russell is the key to all of this..

I hope I am not out of line starting a new thread, and I apologize if this is already discussed, but if we can find out exactly how and where they met, we might have more of a clue of who George is?

1. Where did they meet?

2. What year did they start living together?

3. Did he meet her at Letterman? Was he a soldier? A Dr?

Forgive me if this has already been asked but GB and MK paid the rent in cash, sure, but what about the rest of the utilities - water, trash, sewage, electric, gas, phone, etc. Maybe one or more were transferred over from a previous address or transferred over to a new address?? Is this thought worth pursuing?

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but someone added a memorial on Find a grave for Margaret within the last two years--looks like a genealogy person.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=91040042

It is a sweet woman who intends to add flowers (virtual flowers?) to graves which have none. However, I am confused as to whether this is really the Margaret we know (though the dates seem reasonable.) I would have to dig around in the archives, but my memory is that she was cremated and her ashes were in a columbarium in Marin County.

BethAnn777, I'm sorry not to have answered sooner. The only records we have from that far back are the few that George W. did not destroy (what we have facetiously called the Box From Hell)...There is nothing like this in the box. We had a statement from a landlord who rented them an apartment. He said GB always paid the rent and paid in cash. I don't know any way to contact this landlord, who may have passed away. In answer to Julessleuther's question, I just don't know this. I know GB was not a doctor, and it seems unlikely that he could have been a soldier, since we found no documentation to that effect.

Forgive me if this has already been asked but GB and MK paid the rent in cash, sure, but what about the rest of the utilities - water, trash, sewage, electric, gas, phone, etc. Maybe one or more were transferred over from a previous address or transferred over to a new address?? Is this thought worth pursuing?

Annasmom I didn't mean to contact the landlord I meant to contact the utility companies. For instance, if I move to a new rental in the same city the utilities are transferred from the old address to the new address.

Hi, I know it’s been years. I just wanted to post these to confirm they are our GB and MK or the other couple with same names.

Attachments

• 5388959A-B6A9-4119-9815-016380DE4758.jpeg
    5388959A-B6A9-4119-9815-016380DE4758.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 0DAECA75-461E-4A4A-A216-CDFA2FD8929B.jpeg
    0DAECA75-461E-4A4A-A216-CDFA2FD8929B.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
  • C5843524-B070-4A31-8366-BCAA9EC57970.jpeg
    C5843524-B070-4A31-8366-BCAA9EC57970.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 8
Name
George Brody