GUILTY NV - Suellen, 31, & Lexis Roberts, 12, Las Vegas, 4 Sept 2010

I know we must wait for a positive ID but I have no doubt it's Suellen they found in AZ. This is such a tragic story. My deepest sympathy to the family & friends of Suellen & Lexis.

It's easy to place blame on Suellen for choosing to bring Sanders into her life. I've seen comments on various new stories to that effect. I don't think that's fair. Suellen was just as much a victim of Sanders as Lexis. The man is a predator and he knew exactly how to get what he wanted. He was smart enough to operate under the radar for years. Don't fault Suellen for being conned by a pro. My feeling is this man was capable of tricking many, many people and he probably has left other victims. I hope they too will be found and identified.

RIP Suellen & Lexis.

I know we must wait for a positive ID but I have no doubt it's Suellen they found in AZ. This is such a tragic story. My deepest sympathy to the family & friends of Suellen & Lexis.

It's easy to place blame on Suellen for choosing to bring Sanders into her life. I've seen comments on various new stories to that effect. I don't think that's fair. Suellen was just as much a victim of Sanders as Lexis. The man is a predator and he knew exactly how to get what he wanted. He was smart enough to operate under the radar for years. Don't fault Suellen for being conned by a pro. My feeling is this man was capable of tricking many, many people and he probably has left other victims. I hope they too will be found and identified.

RIP Suellen & Lexis.

Going back to the beginning of this thread, some WS'ers tried to find information on Sanders and even knowing that he had a record, they had difficulty. IIRC, he was not an RSO.

My bet is that it's just that...bad wording. I am confident that the FBI and local LE are gathering evidence that physically places Sanders at this body discovery site in case he reverses his confession later on, or if it's not admissible in court.
I've been particularly frazzled with inconsistent/erroneous MSM on other cases lately, and this one took the cake! (except that just before I came in here, I read a post with 3 different MSM's citing 3 different ages for Kody Maynard--hope he's found safe!)

You worded this much better than I could have, thank you!

Poor Suellen. If only she could have known.... If only our country did a better job of protecting its citizens from the deranged and "dead".

Glad they got this monster before he hurts anyone else.

Such a sad ending for their family.

:rose: RIP Suellen and Lexis :rose:

'Dead' abduction suspect moved to Louisiana jail

ALEXANDRIA, La. - The man wanted in connection with the abduction of a Nevada girl whose body was found in Louisiana last month is in the Rapides Parish jail.

Fifty-three-year-old Thomas Steven Sanders was arrested Sunday at a truck stop in Mississippi.

Maj. Jerome Hopewell with the Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office tells The Town Talk that Sanders arrived in Alexandria Monday night. Hopewell said Sanders will appear before federal magistrate Friday for a detention hearing.

The FBI says Sanders is charged with kidnapping 12-year-old Lexis Roberts, whose body was found last month in Louisiana. Officials say remains found Monday in Arizona are likely those of the girl's mother who also had been missing.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...red-dead-abduction-suspect.html#ixzz15YCmq9Ab

Link of interview of employee at Flying J Truck stop in Gulfport, Miss. Thank you sooooo much for being aware of this creep and having the nerve to call the authories. You get a great big ATTA GIRL from me. Check out what this creep told her. OMG I am sure not that is wasn't his first "RODEO" as we say down here. CREEP I probly would have slapped him then and there.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/11/15/v-print/2641951/id-like-to-hold-your-eyes-in-my.html

Link of interview of employee at Flying J Truck stop in Gulfport, Miss. Thank you sooooo much for being aware of this creep and having the nerve to call the authories. You get a great big ATTA GIRL from me. Check out what this creep told her. OMG I am sure not that is wasn't his first "RODEO" as we say down here. CREEP I probly would have slapped him then and there.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/11/15/v-print/2641951/id-like-to-hold-your-eyes-in-my.html

"The truck stop employee, who asked not to be identified, told the Sun Herald that Sanders had been coming in to the Flying J just off Interstate 10 near Gulfport for three weeks before she called the FBI last week."

And he was still driving the KIA. Pretty BOLD or stupid. Looks like he would have ditched the car & left the vicinity.

I doubt Sanders knew they had found Lexis's body. He probably thought he pulled a fast one and LE might play it as if they started a new life.

This whole case makes me completly sick. From what I can see Sullen was not a bad looking women. Even with a kid she should have no trouble finding men. Usually when men get to be around her age they change from wanting to hookup; to settling down. Its like an alarm clock that goes off in most men 's head. Does anyone have an explanation of what she saw in Sanders? He was a drifter, short, fat, bald, gray haired, and MISSING MOST OF HIS FRICKING TEETH. He also probably treated her like a turd-dick he was. I mean for christ sakes I am a 25 year old MBA student, who is an attractive male, tall, and very muscular, a caring person, and even I have trouble finding someone who is not crazy or just wants you for money. Does it have something to do with looking for a father figured she never had?? My ex was like that. Before me and her dated, she dated an Saudi Araban excahange student who bought her things that her family never could do. However in exchange he beat her and treated her lower than a dog. She actually liked it. One time she knocked over her drink on the floor. A few seconds later she is kneeled on the floor looking up at me like a puppy who just pee'd on the carpet. I asked her whats up? She is like your suspose to beat me when I do something stupid like that. She was begging me to. My jaw dropped and told no amount money in the world could make me do that. Needless to say I got away fast.

Can anyone help me understand how a ex-convict can purchase ammo in Walmart? Wouldn't a proper background check restrict this sale?

He had lived in Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia and Nevada, and had worked as a night watchman, a pallet fabricator, a handyman, scrap-metal collector, welder and laborer. He also had a few brushes with the law and spent time in a Georgia jail on a simple battery conviction.

The FBI found surveillance pictures that show Sanders buying ammunition at a Walmart in Las Vegas on Sept. 3, agents said.

latest is he will be in court in Alexandria then transferred to Catahoula, Booked and sent back to Alexandria where the Feds have charged him in the kidnapping charges and 1st degree murder. From what I am told the Federal charges are more than enough to get him death. Still no confirmed news but hearing he did tell them where Suellen's body was and that he has admitted to both murders. WANT TO BET? HE PLEAS INSANE!!!!!!!! SICK O

It doesn't matter to me why Suellen was with Sanders & I do not think any less of her because of it. She & her daughter were victims of this evil man. I think it's disrespectful to the memory of both of them to question her decisions in hindsight.

Nola ... I've been wondering those same things about the ammo purchase at Walmart. As I don't own a gun, I know nothing about this type of transaction. It seems everywhere I go, I am asked to present photo ID and/or social security number. You would think some red flags would at least be raised when Sanders purchased ammo. But he could have used phony ID too I guess.

I'm really curious when LE became aware of that purchase. In the very beginning of this case my feeling was they were not taking it seriously because they thought Suellen could have run off with Sanders.

After re-reading my post I want to add that I'm not suggesting that Walmart's ammo lead to this crime; Sanders is solely responsible (IMO). If he couldn't get the ammo, he still would have committed these murders - just in a different way. This purchase shows premeditation and planning on Sander's part, putting any insanity plea in question.

Nola ... I agree. Sanders clearly planned this & is not insane. I'm not faulting Wal-mart for the ammo sale ... thank goodness they had that video of him to show LE. I was just wondering if you have to show ID or anything when you buy it.

FYI
There are only two restrictions for buying ammunition. You have to be 18 to buy shotgun/rifle ammo and 21 to buy handgun ammo. Nothing else is needed. You can also buy ammunition online and have it shipped to your house. Some states do restrict shipping, but that is just a few.

Nola ... I agree. Sanders clearly planned this & is not insane. I'm not faulting Wal-mart for the ammo sale ... thank goodness they had that video of him to show LE. I was just wondering if you have to show ID or anything when you buy it.

Mandy - I am on the same page with you and would like to know the answer to your question as well- just wanted to make sure my initial post didn't come across as passing the blame for the crime onto the retail outlet. I, too have no experience with what's required when purchasing ammo but am still wondering why (if he is a convicted felon - as reports indicate) his purchase was not denied on Sept 3rd.

If anyone knows what the process is for a retail outlet concerning background checks for ammo, post it. It could be that this purchase was completely legal or it could have triggered LE notification only. Maybe he did used his id and that's why and how LE located the video so quickly.

Just such a sad story.

Sorry I have been gone. Dad in the hospital with blood clot in Lungs. But I am sooooo glad that our LE caught this creep and found the moms body. Word here is that he is spilling his guts. They would probly never found the moms body if he had not told them where it was. He is to be transferred to Harrisonburg some time today. I have a close relative who is employed by the Sheriffs dept. This is just the begining for our little community. Please keep us in your prayers. This is a VERY small VILLAGE and this will be really something for us to handle. But we will see this through to the end. Thank you all for your prayers and I will keep in touch

Just checked population 746

Thanks (neighbor) Catahoula! Prayers for your Dad and Family

It would seem easy to blame Suellen. (And I surely don't) BUT-- they were only going to be away for the weekend. Also, who is to say that Sanders didn't threaten her/or her family in some way to make them go with him. He had this planned really good--he only wanted Lexis and killed Suellen in AZ , used Lexis all the way to Louisiana and left her there dead. Wish Sanders would confess to where and when he killed Lexis. I just hope Mother and Daughter's remains can be placed to rest together, so they may rest in peace.
Hopefully it will all come out in his trial.
I FULLY BELIEVE THAT--if he couldn't have bought AMMO, he would have murdered them another way. It was in his head to do this---He had already done things to children--so in my opinion--that was his plan all along--And he knew the area and figured no one would connect him to Lexis.--as he could be long gone and under that radar again! FOOLED HIM!!!

capt.1d95a82935c84379a621a593d9d273f4-e68c789fb1a641fdbf82883e3147608c-0.jpg

This picture is 4 days old. I'm sorry, but I also have to ask how in the world Suellen would be romantically involved with this.

Maybe she wasn't and they were just friends? Lord only knows what he told her to get them to go with him that weekend.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back