GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

Originally Posted by Bluesky#1
~Snips~

Anyone know what AA meant about a baby house in jail? (I couldn’t understand what she said either.)

Bluesky, I thought I heard this too. Please don't tell me Kristi is pregnant again.
If so, would that amount to a pattern of sorts? Getting rid of an existing child in order to have a new one?
It seems this may have happened twice so far.
JMO

Bluesky, I thought I heard this too. Please don't tell me Kristi is pregnant again.
If so, would that amount to a pattern of sorts? Getting rid of an existing child in order to have a new one?
JMO

I'm pretty sure that when they say 'baby house' they mean protective custody. AFAIK- Kristi is not in PC atm. She is (or was) in a safe cell, meaning she is/was being protected from SELF harm.

If she is pg I'll be sick :sick:, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure she is aware that pregnancy will get her some sympathy, and will certainly protect her from any violence for the next few months behind bars.

Are Kristi and Robert allowed visitors?

~Respectfully snipped by me~
Here's where it gets interesting....I finally heard back from a friend of mine who has done a significant amount of time in jail. I actually went to visit him at Silverwater (where Rob is) and it can get pretty nasty in there- even just in the visiting area.
According to my friend, there's no reason why they not be would not be allowed visitors- even if they are in PC. But getting appointments to see an inmate isn't easy.And if those visitors have been in jail themselves they can't visit inmates.
Because Silverwater is a remand centre, the inmates are at various security levels. When my friend was on a higher security level, his gf and I were the only ones in the visiting section. So for us to visit one inmate- no other visitors were allowed in that time period. (which is why getting an appt is so difficult).
Once the visitor has signed in and gone through all the security check-points (iris recognition), they then bring out the inmate in a one-piece jumpsuit with a big lock thingy on the back, so they can't swap clothing and do a great escape.

If inmates do something wrong (or if the guards accuse you of wrong-doing) then the inmate can be put into segregation- which is generally the only time they are NOT allowed any visits. Usually after this, they will only be allowed box visits for a certain amount of time before going back to normal visits.

I have worked at Mulawa, where Kristi is, but only as a visiting dental nurse- so I'm not sure, but I would assume the process is the same.

HTH

ETA: Another thing is that they have random security checks in the visitors car park and entrance area.....with sniffer dogs and all. So if anyone planning to visit K&R was a drug user, they might avoid visits for this reason. Even if they are not carrying drugs, the dogs will pick up the scent of earlier use.

JMO

JMO

I'd like to know how Robert treated his own two children because Kiesha was Chris's daughter not Robert's. Kristi has a record of hurting her daughter shortly after she was born (18 months old) and Robert was seen abusing Kiesha in public. I think Kiesha was abused throughout her entire life and the reason Kristi kept her home from school was to hide her injuries.

If Kristi is pregnant, she will have to give the child up after she gives birth so it would be better for Kristi not to be pregnant. A child in her womb would pick up on Kristi's emotional distress so being pregnant now would not be good. Kristi and Rob's son is only 10 months old but it is possible for Kristi to conceive if she isn't taking birth control.

Kristi looks like Eliza Baker who is charged with murdering Zahra Baker. Her attorney is seeking a change of venue for his client.

http://www.live5news.com/story/1429...enue-for-woman-accused-of-killing-zahra-baker

No peace for little Kiesha Weippeart as funeral may be delayed

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/no-peace-for-little-kiesha-weippeart-as-funerla-may-be-delayed/story-e6freuzi-1226049408918

A FUNERAL for little Kiesha Weippeart may not be held for several weeks because of the amount of trauma to her body.
Police yesterday confirmed they have more tests to do on the remains of the alleged murder victim because extensive injuries to her bones have made it difficult to find the exact cause of death.
The news came as a devastating blow to Kiesha's natural father Chris Weippeart and grandmother Liz, who said they are desperate to put the child to rest and give her some much-needed dignity.

"I'm not sure how much more of this sort of bad news we can take," Ms Weippeart said.

"We just want her back, to be able to bury her and give her some peace ... she is just a baby." ...Snip.

BBM. MY God, what did those animals do to to this poor little girl? :furious:

~Respectfully snipped by me~
Here's where it gets interesting....I finally heard back from a friend of mine who has done a significant amount of time in jail. I actually went to visit him at Silverwater (where Rob is) and it can get pretty nasty in there- even just in the visiting area.
According to my friend, there's no reason why they not be would not be allowed visitors- even if they are in PC. But getting appointments to see an inmate isn't easy.And if those visitors have been in jail themselves they can't visit inmates.
Because Silverwater is a remand centre, the inmates are at various security levels. When my friend was on a higher security level, his gf and I were the only ones in the visiting section. So for us to visit one inmate- no other visitors were allowed in that time period. (which is why getting an appt is so difficult).
Once the visitor has signed in and gone through all the security check-points (iris recognition), they then bring out the inmate in a one-piece jumpsuit with a big lock thingy on the back, so they can't swap clothing and do a great escape.

If inmates do something wrong (or if the guards accuse you of wrong-doing) then the inmate can be put into segregation- which is generally the only time they are NOT allowed any visits. Usually after this, they will only be allowed box visits for a certain amount of time before going back to normal visits.

I have worked at Mulawa, where Kristi is, but only as a visiting dental nurse- so I'm not sure, but I would assume the process is the same.

HTH

ETA: Another thing is that they have random security checks in the visitors car park and entrance area.....with sniffer dogs and all. So if anyone planning to visit K&R was a drug user, they might avoid visits for this reason. Even if they are not carrying drugs, the dogs will pick up the scent of earlier use.

JMO

Thank you for all this useful information.

Any idea why Rob and Kristi chose to bury Kiesha's remains in bushland at Shalvey?

I watched a few episodes of a TV series about women who were taken into custody after they were caught breaking the law and IIRC the name of the show was Prisoner: Cell Block H. I watched one inmate after another be strapped into a chair and placed in segregation but I couldn't remembr if they were allowed any visitors. After watching a few episodes, I was so thankful I have never been in trouble with the Law. The officers are very strict and appear heartless but I suppose they have to be in order to control the inmates.

One young lady with Cancer was pregnant, penniless, and homeless. When she was released from the Centre, one shelter she called said they couldn't help her and hung up the phone. The shelter who had a bed for her wouldn't go and pick her up and she had to find her own way there. The show closed with her standing on the street.

No peace for little Kiesha as funeral may be delayed
A FUNERAL for little Kiesha Weippeart may not be held for several weeks because of the amount of trauma to her body.
Police yesterday confirmed they have more tests to do on the remains of the alleged murder victim because extensive injuries to her bones have made it difficult to find the exact cause of death.
More...

:banghead:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/no-peace-for-little-kiesha-weippeart-as-funerla-may-be-delayed/story-e6freuzi-1226049408918

The news came as a devastating blow to Kiesha's natural father Chris Weippeart and grandmother Liz, who said they are desperate to put the child to rest and give her some much-needed dignity.

"I'm not sure how much more of this sort of bad news we can take," Ms Weippeart said.

"We just want her back, to be able to bury her and give her some peace ... she is just a baby." ...Snip.

Sounds brutal doesn't it? Although those who have followed this case suspected this, it upset me to hear this and I imagine this hit Chris and his mom like a ton of bricks. :maddening:

IMO this highly sensitive information should not have been released to the public. Medical information is classified as 'confidential' and it is protected by Privacy and Personal Health Information Acts. It should have been withheld and disclosed only during the trial.

I figured after we heard information was leaked from the Police Department information this like this would have been kept "close to the vest". :banghead:

I think we need to be mindful of how long Kiesha's body was exposed to the elements and to any animals scavenging in that area, rather than thinking that the trauma to the remains was caused soley by her killers.

While I'm really impressed with the arrests made , I did have concerns that they didn't spend enough time searching for the remains. Hearing that Ins Oxford and other LE have returned to the site, and now hearing that more tests are being carried out leads me to believe they may have overlooked some remains/evidence the 1st time around.

Ms Weippeart said they had been told it could take up to six weeks for the tests on Kiesha to be completed.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8244481/kiesha-funeral-delayed-by-weeks

Okay, so what takes 6 weeks to test? DNA has already been done. Could it be toxicology? Or could they just be waiting for the top-notch forensic anthropologists to examine the remains?

From the same link above....
Police also confirmed Kiesha's surname was being formally changed from Abrahams to that of her natural father Chris Weippeart.
:woohoo:

~Snips~

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/residents...hild-killer-20110429-1e0te.html#ixzz1L3iGrRJW

Okay, so I thought there was a chance that AA had been an informant, but I think the police would be stopping her prejudicial comments to media if she had been.
If AA's gut told her that 'they had something to do with it' then why stand by them at all? :waitasec:

And an internal investigation already? Sheesh....we're never gonna get a chance to know the whole truth of what happened to Kiesha.

Bad form to quote myself, I know...but we have another interview from AA that clarifies her support of Kristi, time-wise.

``I stood by her when Kiesha was first reported missing and did so for the first five weeks before I realised that something wasn’t right.

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/community-embraces-kiesha-as-their-princess/

Wonder what happened 5 weeks in that changed her mindset?

Bad form to quote myself, I know...but we have another interview from AA that clarifies her support of Kristi, time-wise.

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/community-embraces-kiesha-as-their-princess/

Wonder what happened 5 weeks in that changed her mindset?

Justice was served the moment Kristi and Robert were separated from their children. They will rot in jail. Their other chidren may have met the same fate as Kiesha. We don't know the full story but the worst is over now that their bioloigcal children are safe and are no longer living with them. I see this as a victory.

I hope a loving family offers to adopt them. They need to completely break from the past and change their surnames too. That will protect their identity and give them a chance to begin a new life. I'll be praying this happens quickly.

I heard EMR therapy works well with traumatized children.

In all the cases I have worked on, there is a Victim’s Compensation Program that compensates victims and their family members immediately after a crime occurs.

For example in the State of Texas, United States of America, an innocent victim of crime who suffers physical and/or emotional harm or death is eligible to receive $50,000for a crime that occurred after September 1, 1997.

Can someone provide the link to the Victims Compensation Board in Australia please?

In the meantime, here is a list of benefits crime victims and their families are entitled to in the State of Texas.

<snipped>

The Crime Victims' Compensation program is available to assist victims of violent crime with expenses associated with the crime. In order to receive financial assistance from the fund, victims must complete an application for benefits.

The maximum amount of money an innocent victim of crime who suffers physical and/or emotional harm or death is eligible to receive for a crime that occurred after September 1, 1997 is $50,000.

What victims may qualify?

- An innocent victim of crime who suffers physical and/or emotional harm or death
- an authorized individual acting on behalf of a victim
- a person who legally assumes the obligations or voluntarily pays certain expenses related to the crime on behalf of the victim
- a dependent of a victim
- an immediate family member or household members related by blood or marriage who require psychiatric care or counseling as a result of the crime
- an intervenor who goes to the aid of the victim or a peace officer
- a peace officer, fire fighter, or individual whose employment includes the duty of protecting the public

The fund is able to pay for a variety of expenses including:
medical, hospital, physical therapy or nursing care, psychiatric care or counseling, loss of earnings or support, loss of wages due to participation in, or attendance at, the investigation, prosecutorial and judicial processes, and travel, care of a child or a dependent, funeral and burial expenses, crime scene clean-up, replacement costs for clothing, bedding, or property seized as evidence or rendered unusable as a result of the investigation, reasonable attorney fees for assistance in filing the Crime Victims' Compensation application and in obtaining benefits, if the claim is approved, loss of wages and travel to seek medical treatment, one time relocation expenses for domestic violence victims or for those sexual assault victims attacked in their own residence.

In the case of catastrophic injuries resulting in a total and permanent disability, the victim may be eligible for $75,000 in benefits for: making a home or car accessible, job training and vocational rehabilitation, training in the use of special appliances, home health care, reimbursement of lost wages.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/s...

Here is important information for Crime Victims in NSW. It appears Kiesha, her step brother and step sister who witnessed the violence, and Chris Wieppart and his mother qualify for approved counseling and/or victim&#8217;s compensation. When a death occurs as a result of a crime, the legal guardian is eligible to receive a minimum monetary amount of $7500.00.

Victim services: Approved Counselling scheme and victim compensation
Victims Services | Victim Support Line
Eligibility for Approved Counselling and/or victim compensation
How to apply for Approved Counselling | How Approved Counselling works
How to apply for victim compensation | Calculating compensation

Further information on Approved Counselling or victim compensation

Chart 14 - Victim services: Approved Counselling and victim compensation

Victims Services is part of the NSW Attorney General's Department and consists of
&#8226; The Victims Compensation Tribunal
&#8226; The Victims of Crime Bureau and
&#8226; The Victims Advisory Board.

The three sections work together to help victims of crime in New South Wales access services and entitlements to assist in their recovery.

People eligible to claim for Approved Counselling or victims compensation are those who are:
&#8226; The victim of an act of violence and are injured as a result
&#8226; Injured as a result of witnessing an act of violence
&#8226; The member of the immediate family of a homicide victim

A child can claim:

If the victim of an act of violence is a child, an application can be made by a relative or other suitable person on the child's behalf.

How to apply for Approved Counselling:

Relatives of homicide victims have a separate counselling form for 20 hours of counselling. Victims Services will endeavour to make a decision regarding the application for counselling within 48 hours of receipt of the completed application.

A solicitor can help a victim fill out the form. Solicitors are not entitled to costs from Victims Services for helping you to fill out an application form for Approved Counselling only. Alternatively Victims Services can provide assistance. Victims groups are also available to help with filling out the application form.

Time limit on applying"

An application for compensation must be lodged within 2 years of the date of the act of violence. If the application is lodged more than 2 years after the act of violence, you must provide reasons for the delay in the application form. These reasons will be considered by the Director, who may accept or refuse the application.

The threshold amount for victims&#8217; compensation is currently $7,500.

Read more at: http://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/vaw/dvguidelines.nsf/pages/victim#eligib

Further information can be obtained by contacting Victims Services.

Further detailed policies and procedures are available on Victims Services Internet site:
http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/vs

For specific information on Victims Services for victims of domestic violence see Support and compensation for victims of domestic violence, a publication located on the Victims Services Internet site.

Thanks for posting that info Bluesky. I sure hope that Chris and his Mom are able to access Victim services and all they have to offer. My heart goes out to them.

I wonder if you could send these links to Imamaze to add to the resource centre here on websleuths.[url="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179"]National and International Databases and Resources - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/url]

Thank you patience, I'll be happy to.

It is important to know this Department provides resources to victims of domestic violence as well.

Chris Wieppart is Kiesha&#8217;s legal guardian. He had the power to change Kiesha's last name.
He is acting on her behalf so he qualifies for the VS Recovery Program. VS is a rehabilitation centre which covers a victim's losses, future expenses and legal bills. They advocate for their clients and have the power to access the resources they need. Victims of Violence can&#8217;t recover without their help IMO.

Chris will have to attend hearings and make decisions quickly so he needs a caring and concerned worker to counsel him.

Chris can depend entirely on Victim Services and I hope he reaches out and accepts the resources that are available to ALL crime victims. Qualified professionals are available to help him complete and file an application at no cost.

Someone needs to complete an application for Kristi and Robert&#8217;s surviving children.
Judge Larry Seidlin who presided in the custody battle for Dannielynn Birkhead had the child&#8217;s best interest at heart. His objective was to give the child the best chance possible in life after she suffered the loss of her mother and I hope the Judge who is appointed to represent Kristi and Rob&#8217;s children has the same desire at heart and follows his example.

Often a trust fund is established when children loose their parents and I think one should be established for each of Rob and Kristi&#8217;s children. It makes a big difference in a person&#8217;s life and I believe the children will really appreciate that people cared to do this for them when they are older.

Victim Services in Australia co-ordinate support services to the families and friends of missing persons and they have two years to submit an application so those who want to can still file an application for compensation effective from July 31, 2010. Zahra Baker&#8217;s mother lives in Australia.

This is an excellent resource page for Australians crime victims. It lists the resources available in other states and everything else you need to know.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=...l22l6l0l331l3888l0.1.12.2&fp=d5ad23689e277677

I&#8217;m happy Kiesha&#8217;s body was recovered. Here is how Victims of Violent Crimes are compensated:

If you have been injured by an act of violence, an assault, a robbery, domestic violence or sexual assault, that took place in New South Wales (NSW), you may be eligible for an award of compensation between $7,500 and $50,000.

Compensation can also be claimed in NSW if you are injured as a result of witnessing an act of violence or if you are injured while trying to prevent someone from committing an act of violence. Parents or guardians of children who are injured as a result of learning about the act of violence can also claim compensation.

Urgent payments can be made. You may also make a claim for counselling and for certain expenses incurred as a result of the act of violence.

Special compensation is available for members of the immediate family of a homicide victim.

Find out how to apply for compensation online and what happens after you lodge your application.

You do not need to be a resident of NSW to make a claim for compensation.

If the act of violence that caused the injury took place outside NSW, you should contact the relevant authority.

http://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/victimsservices/ll_vs.nsf/pages/VS_compensation

Although Zahra Baker&#8217;s mother, Emily Dietrich, lives in Australia, because her daughter was murdered in the State of North Carolina in the United States of America, she needs to complete and submit an application with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board in North Carolina. A Victims Services Worker or an Attorney in Australia will be available to assist her.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=...l27l28l0l350l3476l0.6.5.4&fp=d5ad23689e277677

Thank you patience, I'll be happy to.

It is important to know this Department provides resources to victims of domestic violence as well.

Chris Wieppart is Kiesha’s legal guardian. He had the power to change Kiesha's last name.
He is acting on her behalf so he qualifies for the VS Recovery Program. VS is a rehabilitation centre which covers a victim's losses, future expenses and legal bills. They advocate for their clients and have the power to access the resources they need. Victims of Violence can’t recover without their help IMO.

Chris will have to attend hearings and make decisions quickly so he needs a caring and concerned worker to counsel him.

Chris can depend entirely on Victim Services and I hope he reaches out and accepts the resources that are available to ALL crime victims. Qualified professionals are available to help him complete and file an application at no cost.

Someone needs to complete an application for Kristi and Robert’s surviving children.
Judge Larry Seidlin who presided in the custody battle for Dannielynn Birkhead had the child’s best interest at heart. His objective was to give the child the best chance possible in life after she suffered the loss of her mother and I hope the Judge who is appointed to represent Kristi and Rob’s children has the same desire at heart and follows his example.

Often a trust fund is established when children loose their parents and I think one should be established for each of Rob and Kristi’s children. It makes a big difference in a person’s life and I believe the children will really appreciate that people cared to do this for them when they are older.

I know a bit about victims compensation in NSW, relating to domestic violence thanks to my <interesting person> sister.
I don't like the system, but here's how it works. If you are attacked by a stranger or someone you don't have personal r/ship with, you need to prove physical or emotional injury and jump through a lot of hoops in order to be approved for compensation (which generally is not a lot of money).

However with DV, a long as the perp has been found guilty of DV, the victim will automatically be awarded the compensation as long as they apply for it.

This is why the system IMO is not fair....
14 years ago my sis got into an argument with her defacto. She threw a lighter at him, and he retaliated by throwing a slipper at her. He was injured, she was not, but he was charged with DV and found guilty. they got back together for a while, then my sister walked out on them (this was after custody of her kids had been given back to her because she had neglected them when he left her).
Early this year her ex-defacto gets paperwork saying that my sis has been approved for victims comp over the incident (14 years ago!) and that his parenting payment (he still has custody of both kids) will be garnished to pay back the gvt since she has already recieved the lump sum payment from them of over $9000. The victim can also apply for free councelling, but of course, she didn't apply for that.
So she is essentially taking money that is for her children who are the only true victims in the situation .
He went to legal aid about it and asked if their children were entitled to the compensation since they were present at the time. But they are entitled to NOTHING!
So now while my unharmed sister is living it up, going on holidays with that 9 grand, her children are having to survive on $50 less per week. :banghead:

Sorry for going a 'lil OT, just wanted to show that the victims compensation system doesn't always recognise TRUE victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back