Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the car even have new speakers installed? And where? You have to remove the entire back deck of a civic sedan to install new rear speakers, that includes the back rest portion of the seat. Or at least the side cushions where the seatbelts are. It's a very difficult job.

So was it just that box speaker in the trunk that he was supposed to be installing? :waitasec:

MOO

The jury is returning.

RaffertyLFP: Court is resuming for the afternoon

Heeney telling the jury the scenarios document Derstine prepared will be filed as an exhibit.

The crown has called James Jeffrey.

The ladies don't seem to go for the guys that still live with Mommie!!! I know from the past with my own kids, if a guy was living in the basement or even in the main part of the house, it was bye bye, especially when the ladies were working and independent and paying their own way and had their own apartments. Just MOO

I can see that a well rounded young woman would not be too impressed with a 28 year old still living with mommie, unemployed (was he on welfare too), drifts from one place to the other, pops oxy (most people KNOW this is a drug you don't mess with), hangs out all day zipping here and there, has questionable associates...yea generally not a prize.:moo:

Now that I don't know for sure ... The car is "older" ... I would think that he bought it used for next to nothing with the intention of fixing it up himself. I wonder if it will come up at trial about previous owners?

Jmo

Well he had it in March of 2008 with a blown clutch. The car was only 5 years old at that time. Maybe he bought it that way and did get it cheap? With the intention of making it roadworthy? Why isn't this information being brought forward by the Crown? :banghead:

MOO

WHAT?!! I cannot believe the seat wasn't found in the landfill. I would think if the company who hauled away MR's car seat was a special pick up of large items, they would know the destiny/area of where that seat ended up. Is it possible MR got nervous with it sitting on the curb too long he transported it himself to an unknown location? That won't surprise me at all. I would go to show why LE were not able to locate it in the landfill. :moo:

Maybe someone's trash became someone else's treasure...that happens at the dump:moo:

RaffertyLFP: James Jeffrey is the next witness

Jeffery lived on Tennyson as well. Moved in October.

RaffertyLFP: James Jeffrey is the next witness

Jeffery lived on Tennyson as well. Moved in October.

RaffertyLFP: Jeffrey used to live on Tennyson Street in 2009

Jeffery lived across the street from in a multiple dwelling unit

RaffertyLFP: Jeffrey lived across the street from Rafferty, one door down.

RaffertyLFP: Jeffrey said Rafferty drove a blue Honda Civic He said he saw a bench seat from a car in front of his home during spring cleanup 2009

Jeffery saw Rafferty driving a Honda Civic, which was "a bluish colour

Jeffery says at spring clean up time, there was a bench seat from a car put in front if Rafferty's home on the curb.

Jeffery never looked at the seat closely. Can't remember when the seat was removed from the curb.

RaffertyLFP: Jeffrey is excused no cross [via Twitter]

I thought the expert said there was no semen present?

There is always the other side of the coin in this case. It's highly possibly Tori put up such a fight, MR was not able to get off/ejaculate. Therefore there would be no semen/sperm present. The other theory could be, MR wore a condom. He seemed to try and play it smart with covering his tracks, so I would not be surprised if he used a condom while sexually assaulting Tori. Just because there isn't definitive evidence of sperm, doesn't mean it didn't happen. :moo:

No more questions from Carnegie. None from Derstine

The crown has called Alexis Morley.

She also lived in Tennyson. She is Pushie's step daughter.

RaffertyLFP: Alexis Morley another neighbour also saw car seat

Morley is stepdaughter of Dave Pushey joked about car seat

She also noted a vehicle back seat in front of Rafferty's home during spring clean up.

Morley says the seat was "folded down" and grey.

She liked the chair that was sitting in front of Rafferty's home. She didn't take it. Stuff "goes fast" during spring clean up.

No more questions for Morley from Carnegie. Again, none from Derstine.

The Crown has called Tamara Moore.

Plenty of people that witnessed MR's back seat in the trash

Rafferty takes a deep breath before Moore begins.

Moore and Rafferty met in a Yahoo chat room in 2003.

RaffertyLFP: A woman who met Rafferty online in 2003 "We became good friends" began to lose contact when he moved to Woodstock in 2008

They spoke regularly, but drifted apart in 2008 when Rafferty moved to Woodstock.

RaffertyLFP: Woman said Rafferty lived in Guelph apartment and worked as landscaper and snow plower but lost his job. Worked at Best Beef for a while

Moore says they were just friends, while Rafferty lived in Guelph. Rafferty called her Tam Tam. They would text, or chat on line.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty bought the Honda Civic at a used car lot in Toronto

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty came over to visit at her home in Guelph early in 2009

Rafferty bought the Honda Civic in 2007, from a used car lot.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said the dash had been white washed and the backseat and rear carpet appeared to be missing This was on May 9

Moore saw Rafferty on May 7th, 2009. Car had been painted since she saw it. Dash white washed. Carpet from trunk and back seat was missing.

RaffertyLFP: On May 9 the woman saw Rafferty's car The back seat and rear carpet was missing

She saw Rafferty at a stag and doe two days later. Didn't look at the car closely. Venne finished her questions. None from Derstine.

Next witness is Sarah Hodge.

Hodge is 31. She met Rafferty in March of 2009 on Plenty of Fish. Messaged on the site. Met face to face in April on 2009.

Says they met April 14th. They also sent text messages before that

RaffertyLFP: A woman who met Rafferty on a website "Plenty of Fish" is the next witness. First met him in person shortly after Easter in 2009

RaffertyLFP: The woman said she dated Rafferty for 2-3 weeks

She and Rafferty dated for two and a half weeks, she says.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said she saw Rafferty almost every day for those two-three weeks He told her he was a dance instructor and contractor

Moore saw Rafferty on May 7th, 2009. Car had been painted since she saw it. Dash white washed. Carpet from trunk and back seat was missing.

RaffertyLFP: On May 9 the woman saw Rafferty's car The back seat and rear carpet was missing

She saw Rafferty at a stag and doe two days later. Didn't look at the car closely. Venne finished her questions. None from Derstine.

Floor mats in the back seat or the entire carpet? Big difference, since it was carpeted when LE picked it up on the 19th. :waitasec:

MOO

Says they met April 14th. They also sent text messages before that

She and Rafferty dated for two and a half weeks, she says.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court

ETA: This is Sarah Hodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members