Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: He has another facebook?? That's the first I've heard of it.

I hope it's not as bad as the one I saw last night. :eek:

No, I did not say he has another facebook, tho there is a possibility that he might. I was saying that this horrid one that we have seen may be one that he has for his "entertainment only" or "yucky stuff." and he could have gone to the kids pages and blocked them. If you block someone, they do not get a message and when you search for them, they do not show up. They can not see anything about you and it is as though your page doesn't exist.

Yep. We even have high speed in many places if you live in an area where they ran fiber. I'm 17 miles from the nearest traffic signal (or town) and get 15 Mbps down. But people who live up the side roads are still on dial up, and it sucks because the copper wiring is in bad condition. Then again, they have high speed in parts of Africa, so . . .

There is something about Celina that reminds me of myself at her age. I grew up in a "poor" Southern Appalachian family that did not expect any hand-outs from the government - heck would not have trusted it enough to TAKE a hand-out!!! We did not go to the doctor when I got sick... my Mother fixed it with herbs or a shot of moonshine/ginseng. Today, I am a successful healthcare professional that cannot imagine living the life that I lived as a child. I look at the pictures of Celina, and I see POTENTIAL.... I see ME!!!! GREAT POTENTIAL!!! I have not followed this case real close (but, I think I just fell off into the abyss), but sadly, it immediately reminded me of the Rowan Ford case from Missouri. Rowan was only 9 years old when she went missing. Her stepfather (monster), David Spears and his friend (demon), Chris Collings, are accused of her rape and murder. I grew up poor, but my family would have captured and LITERALLY tortured anyone who hurt me. There is nothing wrong with being poor. In the America I grew up in, people have the chance to change their destiny. In too many cases today, drugs, *advertiser censored*, etc.... seems to have stolen any traits of honorable character from too many people's lives. Being poor is not a crime, and it is not shameful. Harming a child is shameful on any decent scale in the Universe. I hope Celina is found safe somewhere, and she has the chance to escape the bonds that have restrained her ancestors. I am now totally committed to seeing justice for her.

WN does have what may be an adult son who is a "friend" on his FB, so he is not keeping this page a secret from family, also an apparent brother.

Did anybody ever find out if where the family lived is a "family home" or an apartment house?

If it's an apartment have the other tenants also had to move out, along with the family?

Does the mother have a FB page? Is there any indication she uses the computer at all?

TIA for any answers...

For those who have an issue with Celina's dental care, what type of housing the family lived in, their lifestyle, etc:

This is a VERY rural area. It is mostly woods and mountains and then some farmland. There are no cities or big towns. The small towns (a few hundred people) are 15 miles apart. The big towns have a few thousand. People here are predominantly poor. If you fell down in the woods a few feet from a road and were seriously injured or died you might NEVER be found - period. Same goes for drowning in a river. You can get lost in the woods up here and die from hypothermia in the dead of summer.

Other than people in service industries and education like healthcare , skilled trades, teachers, etc the people here are farmers, loggers, laid-off paper makers, etc. Most of the paper mills that were the highest paying employers here 10 years ago have closed. Dairy farms have sold off their herds. Logging, well it's what men do when they can't find ANYTHING else. Economically the "north country" has been hit very hard. Most of the new jobs that have been created are minimum wage junk with no benefits. Even most people who have dental insurance don't have policies that covers much beyond preventative and fillings - heck, most don't have or have lost their health insurance entirely.

As to the children having different surnames - there are a lot of moms up here who had children (usually when very young) with multiple fathers. These are poor people, most do not go on to college, many don't finish high school. Just the way it is.

This is a very different life than what most Americans experience. We don't go shopping at malls (we don't have any). We pretty much don't go "shopping" - we go somewhere to buy something if we NEED it. If a stranger "hangs out" around town, like at a small restaurant, EVERYBODY notices. If it's cold, you don't turn up a thermostat, you go outside and get some more wood for the stove. Friends, both IRL and Facebook could be virtually anybody you know - from gradeschool to geriatric in age. I'm friends with almost all of my kid's friends. Everybody pretty much knows everybody else. Because there just aren't that many people. It isn't unusual to have friends 20 years your senior or 20 years your junior.

So to the uninitiated, welcome to rural america, where people are poor and don't live like those in suburbia. We don't have perfect teeth, nor do our children. Orthodonture is for "rich people". We mostly don't have nice new houses. Mostly we have old houses - if were fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy one. If not, we rent an old house from somebody. Bedrooms are where there is space for a bed. Anywhere from attic to basement. The "north country" is in some respects a third world nation to many - but it just happens to be in the USA.

This is kind of neither here nor there in this discussion, but people who live in New England have absolutely no concept of how far other people have to go for services every where else in the US. All of New England - from my perspective - is within driving distance. I do love the area, but am very surprised that anyone thinks driving for an hour or so is any difficulty at all. Welcome to REALLY rural America, like Lubbock Texas, where you have to drive 6 hours to come to a real city.

And it's one thing not to have perfect teeth, that's fine. But this girls teeth, would be fixed in a third world country by Doctors without Borders, because her life would change. Her case isn't a case of not perfect teeth, its a matter of her teeth being the only thing you see on her otherwise very lovely face. But she's not old enough yet for braces - when she is, if she is recovered safely, my guess is her parents will provide that for her and that's great.

WN does have what may be an adult son who is a "friend" on his FB, so he is not keeping this page a secret from family, also an apparent brother.

I *think* there are also what seems like old alumni friends. I guess he either didn't think what he was doing was wrong or he didn't know everyone could see. I will opt for the latter.

There is something about Celina that reminds me of myself at her age. I grew up in a "poor" Southern Appalachian family that did not expect any hand-outs from the government - heck would not have trusted it enough to TAKE a hand-out!!! We did not go to the doctor when I got sick... my Mother fixed it with herbs or a shot of moonshine/ginseng. Today, I am a successful healthcare professional that cannot imagine living the life that I lived as a child. I look at the pictures of Celina, and I see POTENTIAL.... I see ME!!!! GREAT POTENTIAL!!! I have not followed this case real close (but, I think I just fell off into the abyss), but sadly, it immediately reminded me of the Rowan Ford case from Missouri. Rowan was only 9 years old when she went missing. Her stepfather (monster), David Spears and his friend (demon), Chris Collings, are accused of her rape and murder. I grew up poor, but my family would have captured and LITERALLY tortured anyone who hurt me. There is nothing wrong with being poor. In the America I grew up in, people have the chance to change their destiny. In too many cases today, drugs, *advertiser censored*, etc.... seems to have stolen any traits of honorable character from too many people's lives. Being poor is not a crime, and it is not shameful. Harming a child is shameful on any decent scale in the Universe. I hope Celina is found safe somewhere, and she has the chance to escape the bonds that have restrained her ancestors. I am now totally committed to seeing justice for her.

BBM

Agree and thank you!

I *think* there are also what seems like old alumni friends. I guess he either didn't think what he was doing was wrong or he didn't know everyone could see. I will opt for the latter.

I think some FB users are not knowledgeable about how they can change the privacy rules for their pages. Some may think only their friends can see and use the page/wall.

When I first saw the stepfather's Facebook page, my immediate thought was that he was desperate and naive by making "friends" with women who in at least some cases may not even exist. I'll give one example from his friends list: http://www.facebook.com/mykinkypic?sk=wall. If you go to that page and keep clicking on "Older Posts" at the bottom, you'll see that this page is run by someone who may just be using it to spam people on that page's friends list, or they may be harvesting their email addresses to sell as a list, because real people don't put up a Facebook page about themselves with their real name and their actual pictures and then accept friend requests from thousands of strangers and then never say anything to anyone about anything except for "Join my group!". Those pages are fake.

I did not get the impression that anyone was pointing out anything negative about how much money this, or any family has. I think (at least to me) the entire issue of dental work came up in wondering if she had any self-esteem issues, which are rampant among girls her age, or any bullying issues (also rampant) as well as possibly helping to identify her, if seen. That is how I took it, anyway.

One would have to be very sheltered not to know or even have within your own city areas of lower income and even poverty, unfortunately.

The family has moved out of the house at the request of LE, I read. What's that about????

Doesn't sound good Ver, do you have a link? To me it means they got a warrant and will be doing forensics.

In this article here: http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne...2011/07/29/search_widens_for_missing_nh_girl/

It says "Debbie Whelan, who dialed 911 after Celina’s older sister Kayla went to her house looking for the missing girl Tuesday morning, said community residents continue to pray for her return."

Do we know if the family called 911, or if this woman called first or just also?

It will really bother me if this is another case where someone other than the parent called 911 first.

For those who have an issue with Celina's dental care, what type of housing the family lived in, their lifestyle, etc:

This is a VERY rural area. It is mostly woods and mountains and then some farmland. There are no cities or big towns. The small towns (a few hundred people) are 15 miles apart. The big towns have a few thousand. People here are predominantly poor. If you fell down in the woods a few feet from a road and were seriously injured or died you might NEVER be found - period. Same goes for drowning in a river. You can get lost in the woods up here and die from hypothermia in the dead of summer.

Other than people in service industries and education like healthcare , skilled trades, teachers, etc the people here are farmers, loggers, laid-off paper makers, etc. Most of the paper mills that were the highest paying employers here 10 years ago have closed. Dairy farms have sold off their herds. Logging, well it's what men do when they can't find ANYTHING else. Economically the "north country" has been hit very hard. Most of the new jobs that have been created are minimum wage junk with no benefits. Even most people who have dental insurance don't have policies that covers much beyond preventative and fillings - heck, most don't have or have lost their health insurance entirely.

As to the children having different surnames - there are a lot of moms up here who had children (usually when very young) with multiple fathers. These are poor people, most do not go on to college, many don't finish high school. Just the way it is.

This is a very different life than what most Americans experience. We don't go shopping at malls (we don't have any). We pretty much don't go "shopping" - we go somewhere to buy something if we NEED it. If a stranger "hangs out" around town, like at a small restaurant, EVERYBODY notices. If it's cold, you don't turn up a thermostat, you go outside and get some more wood for the stove. Friends, both IRL and Facebook could be virtually anybody you know - from gradeschool to geriatric in age. I'm friends with almost all of my kid's friends. Everybody pretty much knows everybody else. Because there just aren't that many people. It isn't unusual to have friends 20 years your senior or 20 years your junior.

So to the uninitiated, welcome to rural america, where people are poor and don't live like those in suburbia. We don't have perfect teeth, nor do our children. Orthodonture is for "rich people". We mostly don't have nice new houses. Mostly we have old houses - if were fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy one. If not, we rent an old house from somebody. Bedrooms are where there is space for a bed. Anywhere from attic to basement. The "north country" is in some respects a third world nation to many - but it just happens to be in the USA.

BBM

And from having lived in "The North Country" for 11 years (and not being a native New Englander myself), the vast majority of folks who live there are very proud--and most wouldn't live anywhere else even if they could! When you state that the north country "is in some respects a third world nation to many - but it just happens to be in the USA," I couldn't agree with you more; when I think of poverty in America, the first place I think of is the North Country--and I have travelled all over America. Thank you very much for your most enlightening post.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/28/new.hampshire.missing.girl/index.html

Excerpts:

Authorities in New Hampshire bolstered their search operations Thursday in their search for a 11-year-old who a school nurse described as a "young girl who is afraid and needs to be home."
---------

New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young noted authorities had received about 150 tips as of early Thursday evening, and were checking each one. Help has come from as far as Virginia -- including from FBI headquarters in Quantico -- Pennsylvania and New York, she added.
---------

WMUR reported that her parents told authorities the girl was gone when they went to wake her up Tuesday morning.
--------

Lyons, who has been a nurse for 15 years at Celina's elementary school, said that the girl "loves her family and is especially devoted to her sister."

"Celina, we want you to know that the entire community -- your friends, your family -- are doing everything possible," Lyons said.

I live in Southern NH and it's absolutely nothing like this here.
It's strange to hear NH described like this.
We have everything in this area.

BBM

Yes, I know from personal experience you "have everything" in southern NH, and in that respect you are indeed fortunate. If you have the time and the interest, you may want to drive up U.S. Route 3 from Nashua to Stewartstown and see how that experience may change your perspective.

I was in Stewartstown for the first time when I was 14 in the mid 1960's, and it really hasn't changed all that much in the intervening years--except for the silent presence of the internet.....

Thank you for your post!

I don't get a good feeling about this case . Not pre judging but just a gut feeling this is a lot closer to home then everyone has been led to believe.

I did not get the impression that anyone was pointing out anything negative about how much money this, or any family has. I think (at least to me) the entire issue of dental work came up in wondering if she had any self-esteem issues, which are rampant among girls her age, or any bullying issues (also rampant) as well as possibly helping to identify her, if seen. That is how I took it, anyway.

One would have to be very sheltered not to know or even have within your own city areas of lower income and even poverty, unfortunately.

Yes, the teeth issue for me is relevant.
I do not know how the bullying is in an area that small, maybe those who have experience in that area can weigh in?

I do know that in most places... that girl would be tortured.
I believe that her self esteem would be an issue here.
Whether she was being bullied.
And of course... that is awesome as an identifying feature!

I immediately thought of Isabella Oleschuk.

The family acknowledged the bullying was an issue for Isabella, other students explained she was called duck girl... because she sounded like a duck (she is hearing impaired.)

Isabella ran away. She was gone for 4 days. She was 13. Celina reminds me a lot of Isabella.
Though I don't think Celina ran away... I think the bullying/self esteem issues could possibly factor into how/why she disappeared.
With her Dad also being in the hospital, I think she would have been more vulnerable and naive.

A Story About Bullying, Survival and a Missing Child (Isabella)

http://bethwood.patch.com/articles/a-story-about-bullying-survival-and-a-missing-child

Isabella's Family Thanks The Community

http://bethwood.patch.com/articles/exclusive-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members