17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this certainly takes the cake. Unbelievable.

"Shaken Baby Syndrome" used in defense of Trayvon Martin's killer

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - "Shaken Baby Syndrome" was cited on Friday in the defense of George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida, man who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, in a case that has sparked a widespread public outcry.

Hal Uhrig, a lawyer and former Gainesville, Florida, police officer who recently joined Zimmerman's defense team, cited in a TV interview the brain damage that can seriously injure or kill an infant.

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/...me-used-in-defense-of-trayvon-martins-killer/

I don't think any level of "enhancement" to that video will ever allow it rise to the level of acceptance with a jury that the UNENHANCED image of Tracy Martin's son will:

What a horrible, horrible way to realize the fate of your child.
That is more than horrible!:banghead:

This is not a fishing excursion. Don't drop bait, and don't take any bait.

This post lands at random.

How did Zimmerman know Trayvon was in his late teens.

It was dark, raining, the kid was 6'3. What clues allowed Zimmerman to guess his age so close?

Could a neighbor have tipped him off? :confused: Maybe someone called NWC to report a suspicious BLACK kid in neighborhood again? :waitasec:

JMHO~

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - "Shaken Baby Syndrome" was cited on Friday in the defense of George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida, man who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, in a case that has sparked a widespread public outcry.

Hal Uhrig, a lawyer and former Gainesville, Florida, police officer who recently joined Zimmerman's defense team, cited in a TV interview the brain damage that can seriously injure or kill an infant.

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/...me-used-in-defense-of-trayvon-martins-killer/

OMG, I don't know whether to :floorlaugh: or :what:

So, he claims his client shot TM in order to prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome??

WHY OH WHY then, would his client refuse transport to a hospital where his life-threatening head trauma could be properly diagnosed and treated by skilled medical professionals?!

I can say I'm a bird, but that don't mean I can fly.

How did Zimmerman know Trayvon was in his late teens.

It was dark, raining, the kid was 6'3. What clues allowed Zimmerman to guess his age so close?

The police report said Trayvon was 6'0" not 6'3". :)

ETA: Trayvon reportedly didn't have his hood up on his head at first so Zimmerman could've had a good view of him to guess his age?

Rut Roh, They seem to be distancing themselves from the concrete. LOL

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground."

If would be very disappointed in LE if they used the info from his cell phone, student ID or DL to positively ID Trayvon enough to list his name on the police report. It is incorrect that LE waits to contact families of deceased persons unless that person is identified, as usually it is info from the family that helps to make sure they are positively identified.

bbm

What I meant specifically was in reference to LE CALLING his mother in Miami at 3 am. I was saying that they would not call her at 3 am to notify her that a body was found, imo.
They would send an officer in the morning in person, imo.

WOW JUST WOW.

The office of the State Attorney, 4th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney Angela Corey has requested that the City of Sanford remove all reports, videos and audio pertaining to the Martin/Zimmerman case from the website. Their office has provided legal justification for the action and they believe further access to the information will have an adverse effect on their efforts to come to a resolution to this investigation.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Rut Roh, They seem to be distancing themselves from the concrete. LOL

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground."

Either that OR in the event of NO arrest, they are "setting the stage" for a Civil claim for the "injuries" GZ suffered while he was "defending" himself??? Grrrr.... :banghead:

Good point. But I think this whole John Doe his body was left in the morgue for three days and his family wasn't allowed to view the body is more an Internet meme than anything else. Family attorneys, I would think, would be all over it, if that were the case. Anybody know when the wake was held, the funeral?

I had found a photo of his funeral card (you know the photo that is given at the funeral with the person's photo and date of birth and death). If you google it under images you will see it.

IMO, they are running defense options up a flagpole and seeing how they fly.
It is cheaper to just mention it in a TV interview than to pay a focus group.

JMO, I don't see much in common with between a 2 month old infant and a 28yo man.
Most 28yo's are able to control their head, hold their head up, and move it away. They can also roll over, stand, walk, run, and they are generally kinda hard to pick up and shake.

Editing out the part of the dispatch asking GZ whether the suspect is white black or hispanic is not trivial in my book. jmo

<modsnip>

I am about as far as you can get from a racist, but would probably mention a race or skin color when asked for a description. The problem I have with George's phone call isn't that he described Trayvon as looking black, but that he didn't have much of a reason for calling the police. The real telling part is when George says "these (expletive deleted) always get away". What was George's reason for thinking Trayvon was an (expletive deleted)?

Oh and GET THIS!

They have removed the police report too!!!

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Mr. Bonaparte's open letter to the public is VERY well written, IMHO, and perfectly lays out the city's position.

It's seeming clearer and clearer - to me - that Zimmerman will never be arrested and charged, and that that's the right decision.

And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean". Hm. Pretty forceful.

Please be sure to add these links in the media thread. It's an interesting newsday already!

:tyou:

I also do not think GZ was ever appointed as a courtesy officer by the HOA. At the very least owners and residents would have been aware of who he was and what his function was in order for them to cooperate. The only information circulated was by LE that if residents had questions about the NWP they could contact GZ. That was not giving GZ the authority for anything other than administrative contacts. GZ, however, obviously took it to the max using that as an excuse to promote himself to a position of authority.

If RZ knew his son had this arrangement he would have certainly mentioned it by now. It appears GZ has had this obsession for a long time. Obviously if GZ felt so unsafe in this community, and he was only leasing his home, he should have moved out to a safer community......unless, he enjoyed his role as self-appointed watchman. jmo
I don't disagree with you LC - as far as the NWP, he volunteered for the job, but that doesn't mean the management company may have also had an arrangement with him - management would take care of the rented units for the bank, HOA would be over the owned units.

I tend to agree with you after looking at the calls - there were only about 6 per year - not nearly what one would expect of a non-commissioned courtesy officer. The thing that bothers me though, his calls escalated once he appointed himself NWB captain....and made me re-think my position that he may have been CO at his previous apartments. The apartments from 2005 are over 500 units, no way was he a non-commissioned CO there with so few calls to LE. A property that size would have law enforcement patrol anyway - if for no other reason than to have their marked cars visible.

However - if GZ made friends with the cops that were patrol officers on the communities, he might see himself as helping them out, getting in good in case he needed references if and when he applied himself. Patrol officers who work as CO's on properties really don't do much at all - they're just a presence for the most part.

I do think he wanted to be a cop and I don't think he should have been issued a gun - what happened with Trayvon was bound to happen. IMO

Mr. Bonaparte's open letter to the public is VERY well written, IMHO, and perfectly lays out the city's position.

It's seeming clearer and clearer - to me - that Zimmerman will never be arrested and charged, and that that's the right decision.

And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean". Hm. Pretty forceful.
Here's a link to Mr. Bonaparte's letter.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman-Martin-Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member