09-17-2011 Topaz Mountain Search Yields Charred Wood and Decomp

Very good, send in that tip. LOL I think they should search that area!

As far as my gut, I was just looking on google earth following roads around the area, and I saw one right next to bakers hot springs, looked at a picture of it and not only is there hot springs but loads of junk around the area. Looks like a place nobody ventures to. It is just a gut feeling I have nothing but that, just gut.

Oiy.
I retract my earlier statement that sarx is better at PR. I should have said just more honest, lol.

Seriously- WHAT in the heck is going on here? Is it poor reporting? Poor understanding of HRD dogs? Poorly qualified dogs? All?? (my personal opinion- fwiw- it's ALL.)

Gah- I feel so badly for Susan's family and loved ones. No one should be jerked around like this. As if they aren't dealing with enough pain to begin with. :(

Ok- I am now off rant also.

Unless....... susan's family is in on what LE is doing here. I think they know what they are doing, and the trap is being set.

Very good, send in that tip. LOL I think they should search that area!

As far as my gut, I was just looking on google earth following roads around the area, and I saw one right next to bakers hot springs, looked at a picture of it and not only is there hot springs but loads of junk around the area. Looks like a place nobody ventures to. It is just a gut feeling I have nothing but that, just gut.

Thanks. I posted a comment on the ABC article:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ar-Topaz-Mountain/3KI1-xiJrUuaYbXE0bGJxA.cspx

Not sure where to send besides that.

I wonder if the press puts out there that an arrest is pending, LE goes and brings daddy in for questioning, would JP start talking? JP seems like he has done everything daddy told him to do. Would JP show up and say leave him alone, I did it?

Wishful thinking again. LOL

Per the video...not the article. This is the first I have found on it.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...=20&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Juab County - Trace DNA evidence was found in the search for Susan Powell..."

"Police found that DNA material on some charred wood in that search near Topaz Mountain and they are continuing to search..."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...=20&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Decomposition would likely have trace DNA... I wouldn't be surprised if somebody ASSumed that they have found DNA.

Or, this could simply be something to see how Josh reacts. I really hope they aren't doing that though.

"Police found that DNA material on some charred wood in that search near Topaz Mountain and they are continuing to search..."

Decomposition would likely have trace DNA... I wouldn't be surprised if somebody ASSumed that they have found DNA.

Or, this could simply be something to see how Josh reacts. I really hope they aren't doing that though.

Decomp absolutely contains DNA.

I'm just wondering how this is known on site?

I think it's both officers AND volunteers. Volunteering officers???

I think we have trained SAR and LE who are volunteering for the search.

They aren't there being paid to do it.
Make sense?

No, doesn't make sense to me. I think the officers who are working are being paid, and that there are no volunteers out there. I have a major problem with ABC4's reporting. Seems very sloppy to me.

Oiy.
I retract my earlier statement that sarx is better at PR. I should have said just more honest, lol.

Seriously- WHAT in the heck is going on here? Is it poor reporting? Poor understanding of HRD dogs? Poorly qualified dogs? All?? (my personal opinion- fwiw- it's ALL.)

Gah- I feel so badly for Susan's family and loved ones. No one should be jerked around like this. As if they aren't dealing with enough pain to begin with. :(

Ok- I am now off rant also.

I've gone back to my former opinion, especially since I saw the article hollyblue found where Merritt says "bones". LE needs a new spokesperson for this case.

I think there's a partial problem with some reporters, the same as there is on many cases these days. They're rushing to get their stories out, not checking facts or following up or asking clarifying/confirming questions, and their focus is ratings rather than accuracy.

Primarily though, the main problem seems to go back to Merritt.

Just my opinion, and certainly not slamming LE. I'm a very strong supporter of LE in these cases. I just think Merritt has a little problem with what he's saying to reporters, and the wording he's using, and jumping the gun.

ABC4 again.

*facepalm*

Couple of thoughts on the case:

It is a comforting thought to realize that a Utah jury should be nothing like a Pinellas County one, IMO. :)

The system is too criminal friendly. I think LE has been a little confusing lately because of legal risks. They probably would love to tell us what the score is. But defense attorneys have their slick maneuvers that could undermine the conviction and waste all their efforts, not to mention let a killer go free. MOO.

If you are worried or upset, just read what Mr Cox said to one of Susan's friends a few days ago, and realize he got to know the score:

"Kiirs: Had a great visit with Chuck Cox last night. He is in good spirits and feeling very confident about police. #findsusan"
--http://twitter.com/Kiirs/status/115102570669809664

:)

I've gone back to my former opinion, especially since I saw the article hollyblue found where Merritt says "bones". LE needs a new spokesperson for this case.

I think there's a partial problem with some reporters, the same as there is on many cases these days. They're rushing to get their stories out, not checking facts or following up or asking clarifying/confirming questions, and their focus is ratings rather than accuracy.

Primarily though, the main problem seems to go back to Merritt.

Just my opinion, and certainly not slamming LE. I'm a very strong supporter of LE in these cases. I just think Merritt has a little problem with what he's saying to reporters, and the wording he's using, and jumping the gun.

Thank you BeanE. I'm a very strong supporter of LE as well...but man. I would like to :cursing: at these reporters and LE spokesperson at this point.

We are talking about a missing person here. A missing person who has family and friends anxiously awaiting any news of where she may be, and what may have happened to her.

Gah- seriously, I want to slap him.

(Ok...off rant again. Give it a few hrs and I'll probably have another.)

Thank you BeanE. I'm a very strong supporter of LE as well...but man. I would like to :cursing: at these reporters and LE spokesperson at this point.

We are talking about a missing person here. A missing person who has family and friends anxiously awaiting any news of where she may be, and what may have happened to her.

Gah- seriously, I want to slap him.

(Ok...off rant again. Give it a few hrs and I'll probably have another.)

IF Susan was left in that general area, can you imagine how the P's are feeling? First they are searching in the right area, then they found bones, then not, then a grave site, then not, then only charred wood, then more bones, then not, then DNA. Wouldn't that be even more nerve wracking? LOL almost worth going to LE and saying "stop the madness I will show you where she was left!

No... I doubt they would "love" to tell the public anything. Most jurisdictions want as few details as possible to get out to the public, because that keeps the gawkers away. They prefer to do their work unhindered without any interference from the public and especially the media.

IF Susan was left in that general area, can you imagine how the P's are feeling? First they are searching in the right area, then they found bones, then not, then a grave site, then not, then only charred wood, then more bones, then not, then DNA. Wouldn't that be even more nerve wracking? LOL almost worth going to LE and saying "stop the madness I will show you where she was left!

Well that's true enough! (Operative word here *almost*)

Decomp absolutely contains DNA.

I'm just wondering how this is known on site?

I imagine the PD sent their forensics people back to the lab on Saturday with the charred wood so it could be determined if Susan's DNA is on it before they pack up and leave Topaz.

Since her DNA is already on file...that'd be fairly easy, and would explain why they suddenly ramped up their efforts after ramping them down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07
Back