Conrad Murray trial -Day seven.

I don't think that is true because he was doing just fine the night before he died and wasnt showing weakness at all but was very energetic instead. Now any dancer may make a quick turn and get a boo boo here and there. That is to be expected.

I have read the law in California about it. And when a person is taped it must also be recorded on that tape that the person is giving their permission by giving their verbal constent on the tape before it even begins.

MJ did not give CM permission to tape this. This is just another person wanting to make future money off of MJ in case he was fired.

After hearing how slurred MJ's speech was at the beginning of May, it must have been very difficult for him to keep up during the rehearsals imo.

Was there ever a time when his medications would have worn completely off and he wouldn't be under their influence? I doubt it.

It's possible the energy he demonstrated during rehearsals was drug induced and he took more to speed up his body making it appear like he naturally had the strength to perform but it was all a facade. jmo

Alot of athletes take drugs prior to a performance to enhance their performance and I suspect MJ did because he was in failing health imo.

After hearing how slurred MJ's speech was at the beginning of May, it must have been very difficult for him to keep up during the rehearsals imo.

Was there ever a time when his medications would have worn completely off and he wouldn't be under their influence? I doubt it.

It's possible the energy he demonstrated during rehearsals was drug induced and he took more to speed up his body making it appear like he naturally had the strength to perform but it was all a facade. jmo

I'm not sure and don't know what all was shown to be in his system from the toxicology report but it seems to me some remnants of those types of drugs would be there if that were the case.

I agree -- and what about the kids, P&P? They surely would know there's something wrong with MJ. Teens are very in tune to parents behaviour -- I have one myself. We don't even put beer or wine in the fridge anymore because of the influence it may have (oh, it's okay for mom and dad to drink, but not me).

If I looked like a skeleton and was found slurring my words, you're darn tootin my son would say something. If not to me, someone else.

How did he hide his addiction from his children and family? I can't figure that part out.

MOO

Mel

I don't think he was around his family much at all. The children are hard to explain. Were they not homeschooled. Taken care of by a nanny and chef? Security people all over. What kids see every day is what kids think is normal. They didn't know anything else. Probably didn't seem out of their normal.

Of course we are discussing the same person who wanted to leave the hospital immediately and go back to the house for the "cream". And when no one would take him then he wanted someone to take him to get food.

He sounds like such a jerk, IMO. I mean, really. This patient that he "loved." The same patient who was paying him $150K/month. Dayam.
icon8.gif

In Virginia you can record a conversaion without one person knowing IF 3 people are taking part in the conversation and 2 people are aware of it . Odd huh?

Also you can film people anywhere provided they are not in a place where they expect a reasonable degree of privacy.

I don't think that applies to licensed medical personnel and patient. It can't be done without permission. Now in the case of an extreme, say a psych case, maybe it would have to be done. A psych patient who is really bad off wouldn't be able to give consent anyway.

I agree -- and what about the kids, P&P? They surely would know there's something wrong with MJ. Teens are very in tune to parents behaviour -- I have one myself. We don't even put beer or wine in the fridge anymore because of the influence it may have (oh, it's okay for mom and dad to drink, but not me).

If I looked like a skeleton and was found slurring my words, you're darn tootin my son would say something. If not to me, someone else.

How did he hide his addiction from his children and family? I can't figure that part out.

MOO

Mel

in respect of his children especially the older two I can't begin to imagine what they were told, but they had to have been told something, as it has been mentioned they helped carry up the oxygen tanks, plus when he was sedated night after night if they ever needed him in the night he was under sedation and couldn't have been available to them, and what time did Murray bring him round in the morning, according to the chef Prince would sometimes take his dad his juice or shake drink, so did Prince see all the medical paraphenalia

did they know there father was being sedated, I guess we will never know

First afternoon witness: Elissa Fleak LA County Coroner investigator

I am working but trying to listen to the trial, so this may be way wrong, but I think I heard someone testify today that he (the witness) was talking to someone and made the comment that MJ was sick at rehearsal and that someone needed to do blood work to find out what "he" was doing.

Did anyone else hear that? And please feel free to correct any part of my statement. tia

I think the taped recordings of MJ made by Murray were a form of insurance for Murray, just in case he lost his job. I would believe they were obtained illicitly.

I apologize if this has been discussed upthread, but I am a little taken aback at the armchair critiques by the TV pundits, criticizing the state for playing that may 10 recording. To me, it means that Murray had actual knowledge that Jackson was getting drugs from another source that so messed him up that he could barely speak. As his doctor, it was imperative that he learn of all drugs the patient was taking, and that message was bolstered by the voice mail from Jackson's manager, saying he needed a blood test, a message the defendant ignored.

The very fact that he had actual knowledge of outside drug use makes his treatment of Jackson with propofol and other drugs even more egregious, imho. The asst. DA in this case is a very skilled trial lawyer. I think he knows what he's doing.

I am working but trying to listen to the trial, so this may be way wrong, but I think I heard someone testify today that he (the witness) was talking to someone and made the comment that MJ was sick at rehearsal and that someone needed to do blood work to find out what "he" was doing.

Did anyone else hear that? And please feel free to correct any part of my statement. tia

you are correct, think this was after he showed up to rehearsals shivering and not in great shape as has been testified to

I apologize if this has been discussed upthread, but I am a little taken aback at the armchair critiques by the TV pundits, criticizing the state for playing that may 10 recording. To me, it means that Murray had actual knowledge that Jackson was getting drugs from another source that so messed him up that he could barely speak. As his doctor, it was imperative that he learn of all drugs the patient was taking, and that message was bolstered by the voice mail from Jackson's manager, saying he needed a blood test, a message the defendant ignored.

The very fact that he had actual knowledge of outside drug use makes his treatment of Jackson with propofol and other drugs even more egregious, imho. The asst. DA in this case is a very skilled trial lawyer. I think he knows what he's doing.

I think the states position is that Dr Murray gave him the drugs that made him slur like this

I disagree, I think he had been taking drugs for a very long time, and some of those drugs were to get high, the propofol was for sleeping, but he had been going through Drs for years and getting what he needed, and there are millions who are addicted to prescription meds but most of them can't afford a private Dr so have to either buy them on the street, get a Dr to prescribe them for as long as they can, or forge a prescription,

MJ could buy any drug he chose, and I think he did use recreational some of his prescription meds, you do not pay 150,000 dollars a month unless your addiction is deep and you require a concoction of drugs,

Murray was not his only Dr, he went to Dr Kline on a sometimes daily basis to get his Demerol another of his addictions, and I doubt any of his Drs ever kept full and correct records of what they gave him, we will not hear of any other Drs he may have been using unless the judge considers them relevant, but for much of his adult life in my opinion MJ was a heavy user of prescription meds,

that does not absolve Dr Murray or any of his Drs for prescribing and administering drugs to him in the way they did, he should have been in treatment to try to get him clean, not prescribed more in order for him to perform

I think that was misinformation about the drug bill. It had gone unpaid for much longer than that. It was not for one month and I never heard the bill was 150K. I heard it was 110K and the tally had been racking up for some time.No telling how much they charged him just because he was MJ or how much the skin cream cost him either.

That bill was reduced imo and then paid in full. I think they over billed MJ and I imagine that happened a lot to him.

I know people right now that are addicted to prescription meds and they aren't buying them off of the street.

I do not speculate. I can only go by the facts known and that is he had no other drugs in his system when he died other than the ones Murray decided to give him. I have found when it comes to MJ it is reasonable not to assume things not really known as facts.

:wagon: to WS and I agree with all you have stated above. :)

Ms. Fleak arrived at UCLA at around 5:20pm June 25, began investigating the cause of death. Found no exterior signs of any physical trauma. Collected 4 vials of blood that had been drawn from MJ.

She's now talking about her investigation of MJ's bedroom on June 25. Photos of the bedroom are being shown.

I think the states position is that Dr Murray gave him the drugs that made him slur like this

I think their motive in showing MJs conversation is Murray is sitting right there. So he cant come back later on and say he wasnt aware of what was happening with MJ.

IMO

The part about the talking heads, that's what they do. They do this for every case I have ever followed. You learn to shift through their wondrous thoughts to figure out what is actually the truth and what is ratings tag lines.

Ms. Fleak found a 20ml bottle of propofol on the floor next to the bed. Photos now being shown of the location of bottle on the floor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back