2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding was if you were out front facing the house the gate to the right had a shed directly on the other side. To the left was a narrow area with stepping stones that if the gate was open led directly to the pool. I'm not sure which one was padlocked?

Jeffrey Dale Hopkins II is a former employe of Universal, he left years before - wasn't it Jeffrey Michael Hopkins who ICA claimed she had a relationship with? This person as described by ICA does not exist.
Sure, but KC didn't know Jeffrey Dale Hopkins II's full name, so she made one up because she was backed into a corner about it. The point is there exists a Jeff Hopkins who worked for Universal, and KC casually knew him. She used him as a template for her fictional Jeffrey Michael Hopkins.

My opinion...

I hope that it is okay that to put this here. I just wanted to share this with you all. Regarding Casey's pregnancy and denial etc., I know that it seems impossible that G&C didn't realize KC was pregnant until she was 7 months but it is possible that KC was able to hide it until her uncle's wedding when she had to wear something (maybe even something her Mom picked out) more clingy. My Mom was an unmarried 19 y/o girl living in the deep south too ashamed and scared to tell anyone except my father when she became pregnant with my oldest brother. This is a picture of my Mom (5'2") and Dad taken at their wedding on June 6, 1959. My brother was born September 19, 1959. He was full-term and weighed-in at around 7 pounds. After they were married, she began to feel more comfortable I guess or just less ashamed and filled out very quickly. She has never divulged how much weight she gained with my brother, but she does say that it was me, eleven years later that ruined her figure!

It may take equal parts denial, deception and dumb to pull it off but it can happen!

Attachments

• Bill_JoAnneShows_Wedding_1959.jpg
    Bill_JoAnneShows_Wedding_1959.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 73
Jeffrey Dale Hopkins II is a former employe of Universal, he left years before - wasn't it Jeffrey Michael Hopkins who ICA claimed she had a relationship with? This person as described by ICA does not exist.

Yes, because she'd gotten backed into a corner on the identity "Jeff Hopkins" and then spun the "No, it's a DIFFERENT Jeffery Hopkins, that was Jeffrey DALE Hopkins, this is Jeffrey MICHAEL Hopkins (the guy with the kid, the marrying mom, the trust fund, and dead wife I believe).

It was one of the most transcendent moments of complete fabrication I have ever witnessed in my life - absolutely stultifying. (I think she was talking to Lee). And they were supposed to buy that carp? It also launched a slew of discussion regarding her penchant for "three-naming" people, a la Zenaida FERNANDEZ Gonzalez.

I may just be impatient, but I know the burden of proof is on the state. So, I know they have to prove ICA murdered Caylee. Is that correct? If so, why don't they get on with the evidence showing she did in fact murder her?

Not reporting her being missing, and not showing that she cared does not prove she killed her. Or do they have to disprove DT's claim. It seems that is the direction they are going at least today. It seems it is dragging to me. jmo

The fact that TL testified that he went to sleep and caylee was in the bed, woke up and caylee not there, inquired and ICA stated her Mom called and wanted her home, and the fact that records shows that CA, GA, and LE tried to climb mountains to find he and None of ICA friends or acquaintances had seen Caylee has not gone over the Jury's head! MOO

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought TL said that Caylee never stayed over night and that it was RM who said that Caylee slept in the same bed as he and KC. It's hard to keep them all straight.

I truly beleive that Jose has been played by Casey...what a nightmare.
look how hysterical casey becomes when she realizes she's being exposed. All she can do is counter with faux outrage....all designed to distract...

she's a pro.

where did Casey take Caylee in the middle of the night? the night she was at ( so many I forget which one) the guys house where they all slept in the same bed?

her mother says she did not call Casey in the middle of the night and demand caylee's return...so what night was that? where did she take her at 3 in the morning or whatever...???

My guess is the trunk....

I have read many of them and I completely concur with your thinking. I still have a hard time watching the people (victims) ICA has left in her path. It is heartbreaking.

Did CA ask them to remove the picture of Caylee from her screen so she could concentrate?

GA placed a picture (I'm assuming it was Caylee) on the stand in front of him the first day he testified.

Yes, she did and it was asked quite gently. CA was having a very hard time not crying and maintaining some control of herself so she could answer LDB. The court was sympathetic to CA asking for that.

would the lippman motion have been filed??? should we be able to see it if it has?

I hope that it is okay that to put this here. I just wanted to share this with you all. Regarding Casey's pregnancy and denial etc., I know that it seems impossible that G&C didn't realize KC was pregnant until she was 7 months but it is possible that KC was able to hide it until her uncle's wedding when she had to wear something (maybe even something her Mom picked out) more clingy. My Mom was an unmarried 19 y/o girl living in the deep south too ashamed and scared to tell anyone except my father when she became pregnant with my oldest brother. This is a picture of my Mom (5'2") and Dad taken at their wedding on June 6, 1959. My brother was born September 19, 1959. He was full-term and weighed-in at around 7 pounds. After they were married, she began to feel more comfortable I guess or just less ashamed and filled out very quickly. She has never divulged how much weight she gained with my brother, but she does say that it was me, eleven years later that ruined her figure!

It may take equal parts denial, deception and dumb to pull it off but it can happen!
I have a similar pic of my mom...but no scanner. She was wearing a "shirtwaist" dress with a belt no less...and all of 100 lbs and 5 feet.
There was a case of a young girl near here...went all of 9 months without anyone knowing she was pregnant and her mother had even gone clothes shopping with her 2 months before the baby was due.
I'm sure the As were EXTREMELY embarrassed by the outfit and photo. I also think they knew at that point in time, just didn't want to have to explain it to the family.

I want to insert something I think a profiler or shrink might say in reference to casey's spending the entire day after casey was last seen alive the 16th....in bed with Tony.

Mania, and hyper sexuality due to the excitement from killing her baby.

Narcissitic psycopath.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought TL said that Caylee never stayed over night and that it was RM who said that Caylee slept in the same bed as he and KC. It's hard to keep them all straight.
YES My bad I got it mixed up:floorlaugh:

I agree, she will not plea ... she thinks she's smarter than anyone else.

If the SA can sit there and prove ICA as a liar and the DT can admit it in opening statements that she is a liar then why should the jury believe anything that ICA and the DT say now? Once a liar always a liar (IMO).
That girl will get the needle and frankly after all this she deserves it. Again my opinion only.

Why at this point would the state accept a plea deal? I think their case is really looking good. Wouldn't they only do it to ensure a conviction? They pulled the plea deal off the table after she wouldn't lead them to the body.

IMO, no more plea deal. They may have before the trial to spare the expense of prosecuting a death penalty case. At this point though, there is no benefit for the state to accept a plea deal.

I may just be impatient, but I know the burden of proof is on the state. So, I know they have to prove ICA murdered Caylee. Is that correct? If so, why don't they get on with the evidence showing she did in fact murder her?

Not reporting her being missing, and not showing that she cared does not prove she killed her. Or do they have to disprove DT's claim. It seems that is the direction they are going at least today. It seems it is dragging to me. jmo

Foundation has to be laid. This is only week one....

The State is methodically laying the foundations. They're doing a brilliant job. In just the first week of trial, they've managed to crush Baez's defense strategy, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!