GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

It sounds more personal to me, not talking her money or her phone...and normally she would not fit into any kind of profile of people who are kidnapped, if there is such a thing (i.e young college-aged woman, i.e.). I think someone who knows her has done something...JMO

There are so many possibilities,not just kidnapping, what about blackmail? could that have been happening, she went to a 'meet' and could not pay up. I know its aweful for the family, but all things should be considered, i would imagine thats what LE would be doing also.

Interesting, I was thinking along the same lines. A blackmail scenario could be a possibility. And certainly the last thing I want to do is to denigrate her or her family. But, still, we have to consider all possibilities. What if she had been caught up in a secret affair, and the wife of the man found out, or, her husband found out, then..... they did spend a lot of time apart from one another if she stayed there 5 days a week, away from her husband. Not the ideal marital situation, imo. IDK, just thinking of possibilities. :dunno:

It sounds more personal to me, not talking her money or her phone...and normally she would not fit into any kind of profile of people who are kidnapped, if there is such a thing (i.e young college-aged woman, i.e.). I think someone who knows her has done something...JMO

I tend to agree, it does sound personal.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18093006/search-for-linda-gale-reed-continues

Family members say Lou Reed was the last person to talk with Linda Reed on Sunday evening, about 9 O' clock.

Nearly a hundred people on horseback and ATV's helped Monday. The number of volunteers dropped to about 30 on Thursday.

"I'd ask anybody that can come help, I'd appreciate it. I've still got a lot to cover, and I want to thank the sheriff's department of Copiah County and all the other agencies that have helped," says Sessums.

She had keys to her place of employment
I wonder if it has anything to do with work, she was a book keeper?

A very good question, unless he had some sort of tracking device?..

What puzzles me is where did the intruders get into the car? if not at Walmart then maybe a bogus breakdown on route?..

That could be, however , anyone could have stopped so it would not be personal, IMO

I am a bit confused.
The walmart camera saw her around 7:30 and after that her co workers saw her back at her place of employment? She stated that they should leave the gates unlocked as she had forgotten something and was going back to walmart? But she was not seen a second time on Walmart camera?

BTW Saracen Its so nice to have you :seeya:

So her husband is the last to see her at 9pm......and??? Was that at home? Did he see her leave? Did she say where she was going? Does the husband even admit he saw his wife that night?

Also at link above...the mobile home she stays at during the week while she works has crime scene tape around it...why there?

I am not sure what that profile might be, but anyone in buissness could be a target for abduction, for any type of financial gain.JMO

Interesting, I was thinking along the same lines. A blackmail scenario could be a possibility. And certainly the last thing I want to do is to denigrate her or her family. But, still, we have to consider all possibilities. What if she had been caught up in a secret affair, and the wife of the man found out, or, her husband found out, then..... they did spend a lot of time apart from one another if she stayed there 5 days a week, away from her husband. Not the ideal marital situation, imo. IDK, just thinking of possibilities. :dunno:

That is just what any investigator would do, I like your style..:fence:

So her husband is the last to see her at 9pm......and??? Was that at home? Did he see her leave? Did she say where she was going? Does the husband even admit he saw his wife that night?

It says the husband was the last to talk to her at 9pm. I don't believe he would have seen her as he was 2 hours away at their house and she was at the "work house."

I believe that she did indeed leave the house/office as it was specified that the gate was locked from the outside. So she would have had to leave and lock the gate and then...

That could be, however , anyone could have stopped so it would not be personal, IMO

I am a bit confused.
The walmart camera saw her around 7:30 and after that her co workers saw her back at her place of employment? She stated that they should leave the gates unlocked as she had forgotten something and was going back to walmart? But she was not seen a second time on Walmart camera?

BTW Saracen Its so nice to have you :seeya:

I am a bit confused too but I think (thanks to Saracen's earlier post) that maybe she did not make it to Walmart the 2nd time. Her vehicle was found in the wrong direction for a trip to the Hazelhurst, MS Walmart.

I wish someone who knew how to link a map would put one on here. When I look at Google maps, the distance between the business and where I think they found her vehicle is just a bit over a mile driving. As the crow flies, it looks like it would be less. You can walk it on the map by going up hwy 51 then taking a left on Pat Harrison Rd. This video shows where they are searching. It looks to be just past the I55 overpass.
http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/Search-on-for-missing-Carrollton-woman/-/9156946/12242916/-/t3aahpz/-/index.html

Also on the map, I don't see Moore's Fabrication so maybe the google map image was taken before it was built.

I wonder since she is a bookeeper if she didn't stumble across someone's business that they wanted kept quiet?

I am assuming he talked to her on the phone. She was in Gallman working and he lives in Carrollton according to earlier articles. It is about 2 hrs from Gallman to Carrollton.

You do have me thinking though. In the earlier articles, it said she stayed in a trailer behind the business during the week and went home to Carrollton on the weekends. Why were they working on a Sunday? Is this normal or were they working overtime on this weekend? Had she been to Carrollton for the weekend and just returned?

I am leaning towards someone harming her within or near the business gates.

Praying for her family. She has been missing almost a week.

Where did Breazy go (1st poster). She/he said this was in their "backyard". I am about 3 hrs north and nobody here has heard anything.

It says the husband was the last to talk to her at 9pm. I don't believe he would have seen her as he was 2 hours away at their house and she was at the "work house."

I believe that she did indeed leave the house/office as it was specified that the gate was locked from the outside. So she would have had to leave and lock the gate and then...

Or someone was inside the gate and they locked the gate.

I wonder since she is a bookeeper if she didn't stumble across someone's business that they wanted kept quiet?

I was under the impression that she worked for their own family firm?..my mistake!! now if she was a bookkeeper working for another company then that does open up endless possibilities.Thanks Coldpizza.

I was under the impression that she worked for their own family firm?..my mistake!! now if she was a bookkeeper working for another company then that does open up endless possibilities.Thanks Coldpizza.

Honestly, I'm not sure either. I just read she was a bookeeper but if it was with the family business maybe she had other clients on the side to make a little extra?

Just was thinking out loud so to speak.

It would be nice to have that clarified.

I believe it was not her company

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back