Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandusky is moving to dismiss on Victims 2 (McQueary-2001), 8 (Calhoun-2000), and, surprisingly, Victim 6.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/jerry_sandusky_cases_without_a.html

In regard to Victim 6, bear hugging in the shower, he's claiming that no criminal intent and that it wasn't sexual.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/media/up...ENTAL PRETRIAL MOTIONS MOTIONS IN LIMINE.pdf

In the case of Victim 6, only one misdemeanor required sexual intent; the other ten charges don't necessarily.

I think he's trying to get rid of the charges where there are third party witnesses. Bold move.

He might have one misdemeanor tossed in Victim 6 and Victim 8 has no witnesses and no victim.

Victim 2 is interesting.

I have wondered what was Jerry Sandusky's relationship with his parents. I get the impression he did not have any problematic relationship with them, unlike many other infamous figures past and present.

Jerry and his father Art- I haven't read "Touched" but someone who did says there is a passage describing a swimming event with Jerry and Art, shortly before Art’s death. Art weak; Jerry was supporting him in the water. Jerry let him go under. Jerry commented that was payback for when his dad did the same to him in his childhood.

This caught my attention.

Is Anyone Asking Whether Art Sandusky Was A Child Molester Too?
http://milowent.blogspot.com/2011/11/is-anyone-asking-whether-art-sandusky.html

What turned Jerry Sandusky into a monster? A parent, a family member, someone in the community? He self-reports being very shy and awkward as a child. I suspect we'll find out what happened. And it won't be pretty.

I think some of that is very exaggerated. It was common for a male child in the 40's through even the 70's to be involved in sports like football and wrestling.

I did find the "payback" comment troubling, but more in the context of trying to dominate someone weak, especially involving water.

Are vics 2, 6, 8 also part of a pattern of assault in the Penn State showers? A set so that jury could choose "believe one, believe all"? Jerry's defence and friends need all the campus shower out because the others lend credibility to McQueary's account.

Are vics 2, 6, 8 also part of a pattern of assault in the Penn State showers? A set so that jury could choose "believe one, believe all"? Jerry's defence and friends need all the campus shower out because the others lend credibility to McQueary's account.

Victim 3 was also another shower person.

About the swimming thing. Pg 223 in Touched. Go to amazon.com; set up an acct (no nasty email barrage will follow). Search his book. Use the word 'payback'. Two options should come up. It's the second one. (Not all of the book is available there, but this part is).

Hope this is within copyright restrictions:

"some of the very last days when I had taken my father swimming...I accidentally lowered his upper body and head under the water....When I was sure he was okay, I put a smile on my face and said, 'It's payback time, isn't it?'"

Bear in mind, this is a memory he had of recent times; it was on the day his dad died, just after the coroner showed him into his dead father's bedroom to see his body. He said it was the cycle of life, with him holding his weak dad up in the water, just as his dad had done for him over 45 yrs before.

I just find that both chilling and informative.

About the swimming thing. Pg 223 in Touched. Go to amazon.com; set up an acct (no nasty email barrage will follow). Search his book. Use the word 'payback'. Two options should come up. It's the second one. (Not all of the book is available there, but this part is).

Hope this is within copyright restrictions:

"some of the very last days when I had taken my father swimming...I accidentally lowered his upper body and head under the water....When I was sure he was okay, I put a smile on my face and said, 'It's payback time, isn't it?'"

Bear in mind, this is a memory he had of recent times; it was on the day his dad died, just after the coroner showed him into his dead father's bedroom to see his body. He said it was the cycle of life, with him holding his weak dad up in the water, just as his dad had done for him over 45 yrs before.

I just find that both chilling and informative.

He might have meant that he was caring for his father as his father had cared for him.

JJ: I don't think so, from the way his other anecdotes were written (and not by him, I know; by his ghost writer). Seems like his others--to wit, sarcastic humor.

Sorry; should've given you more context. Jer let his dad's head go underwater, accidentally. Saw bystanders' concerned faces; looked and saw dad underwater. Pulled his head up. Dad "...screamed at me, 'What are you doing?!?'" Then Jer smiled and said, "It's payback time, isn't it?" (pg 223, Touched)

See if this will take you directly in:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Dh...6sKrKeIsoUbC1FVZtLw&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

JJ: I don't think so, from the way his other anecdotes were written (and not by him, I know; by his ghost writer). Seems like his others--to wit, sarcastic humor.

Sorry; should've given you more context. Jer let his dad's head go underwater, accidentally. Saw bystanders' concerned faces; looked and saw dad underwater. Pulled his head up. Dad "...screamed at me, 'What are you doing?!?'" Then Jer smiled and said, "It's payback time, isn't it?" (pg 223, Touched)

See if this will take you directly in:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Dh...6sKrKeIsoUbC1FVZtLw&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

Okay, I can see that context a bit more clearly. It is a little creepy.

Prosecutors' response to Amendola's request for more detailed info on the accusations:

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/media/#p74

Scroll past all the individual paragraphs to the bottom of the page where it reads "AVAILABLE DOCUMENTS" and find the following:

•SANDUSKY AMENDED CRIMINAL INFORMATION FOR 2422 2011 5/18/2012 5:00:22 PM
•SANDUSKY AMENDED CRIMINAL INFORMATION 2421 2011 5/18/2012 5:00:06 PM
•SANDUSKY COMMONWEALTHS MOTION TO AMEND THE INFORMATIONS AND BILL OF PARTICULARS 5/18/2012 4:59:40 PM

Judge ruled against the defense motion to delay the trial: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/05/21/3203208/judge-in-sandusky-case-denies.html

Set for June 5.

Good!

On the amended criminal informations submitted, not one charge has been removed and most the new information given of the incidents cover years and several places for each victim. Amendola better get to work since none of his delaying tactics and flim flam have changed the AG's or court's determination to bring JS to trial on all 52 counts of being the child predator he is. June 5 is coming up soon.

Good!

On the amended criminal informations submitted, not one charge has been removed and most the new information given of the incidents cover years and several places for each victim. Amendola better get to work since none of his delaying tactics and flim flam have changed the AG's or court's determination to bring JS to trial on all 52 counts of being the child predator he is. June 5 is coming up soon.

The judge has not ruled on the dismissal motion as of yet. Victim 8 might be dismissed, but I'd be surprised if the others would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361