Premeditated Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.
Exactly! And if JH was so concerned about leaving Cooper in a vehicle on a hot day, you'd think there would be searches on how to PREVENT it from happening. But there were no such searches. Just searches on how long it takes for a child/pet to die in a hot car and what temps the car has to be.
Very suspicious, IMO.
:goodpost:BUBM - Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner for premeditation.

I agree and have felt from very early on this was premeditated.
IMO premeditation of this crime shows how evil the acussed is...it is beyond belief.

BBM.
Exactly! And if JH was so concerned about leaving Cooper in a vehicle on a hot day, you'd think there would be searches on how to PREVENT it from happening. But there were no such searches. Just searches on how long it takes for a child/pet to die in a hot car and what temps the car has to be.
Very suspicious, IMO.

You make a great point and I just want to add to it. If he were really fearful of this happening he would do EVERYTHING he could to not forget. Instead of forgetting in a matter of seconds.

You make a great point and I just want to add to it. If he were really fearful of this happening he would do EVERYTHING he could to not forget. Instead of forgetting in a matter of seconds.

:gathering::gathering::gathering:

We know what Ross was doing that morning pretty much. Slept late. Watched cartoons. Took Cooper to dine inside C4L for breakfast. Such a sweet Daddy.

Parked with Cooper locked inside that small car while in the sun, after he drove into his work parking lot, without taking Cooper to daycare. Ross forgot Cooper. On purpose.

Here's 100%. Ross searched hot car deaths online.

Ross got 2WM co-workers to drop him off at his car that was sitting in the hot parking lot, after lunch, to make sure he catches a glimpse of what Cooper is doing locked in the backseat since dining that morning at Chick Fi-let earlier at 9:00ish. We know Cooper got so hot that he scratched his face off. The overheating of his body was unbearable. Cooper was probably dead when Ross, his father, glanced into the the backseat when the tossed the package of light bulbs into the car.

Ross would have smelled Cooper's special odor of death. Urine. Feces. Tears. Perspiration. Vomit. Blood boiling. From sitting there for appx seven hours in the intense heat, Cooper tried ripping at his clothes before he finally gave up from exhaustion and overheated. Ross knew the dastardly deed had worked when he stuck his head inside the door of the car in the parking lot after lunch and got a wink and a whiff.

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! He starts sexting more than ever while back in his office. He sexts five or six women at a time, iirrc.

Then, Ross leaves work to meet buddies at the movie theater. Appx three and a half hours later, leaving the sexting and his job, Ross heads outside to his hot and smelly car where Cooper is sitting dead from the heat then, Ross drives for miles before he pulls over and stays on the phone, once he finally pulls over, into the parking lot where the police gather around Cooper and Ross. Ross hops out of his car and begins pacing and screaming.

How convenient. Ross manages to ignore the smell and distinct odor of his own dead child; he also could drive about seven miles without noticing his child was in the car; Cooper was strapped in the backseat with his head hung over and smelled dreadful; Ross stayed on the phone about six minutes, without cooperating, in the parking lot almost as soon as he pulled off the road.

That was his ninth mistake.

:fishy: There's the matter of the insurance policy on Cooper. $24Gs, irrc.

R&L's combined debt will not be allowed into evidence. Wrong decision on judge's part, imho, but I'm no attorney-at-law or judge of the trial.

It's real terribly sad when your own father wants you so very little that he'll let you die a very painful, slow, death in the backseat of a hot car. That requires a dark soul and an evil core of a sex addict who cannot be rehabilitated.

Justice for Cooper

:gathering::gathering::gathering:

We know what Ross was doing that morning pretty much. Slept late. Watched cartoons. Took Cooper to dine inside C4L for breakfast. Such a sweet Daddy.

Parked with Cooper locked inside that small car while in the sun, after he drove into his work parking lot, without taking Cooper to daycare. Ross forgot Cooper. On purpose.

Here's 100%. Ross searched hot car deaths online.

Ross got 2WM co-workers to drop him off at his car that was sitting in the hot parking lot, after lunch, to make sure he catches a glimpse of what Cooper is doing locked in the backseat since dining that morning at Chick Fi-let earlier at 9:00ish. We know Cooper got so hot that he scratched his face off. The overheating of his body was unbearable. Cooper was probably dead when Ross, his father, glanced into the the backseat when the tossed the package of light bulbs into the car.

Ross would have smelled Cooper's special odor of death. Urine. Feces. Tears. Perspiration. Vomit. Blood boiling. From sitting there for appx seven hours in the intense heat, Cooper tried ripping at his clothes before he finally gave up from exhaustion and overheated. Ross knew the dastardly deed had worked when he stuck his head inside the door of the car in the parking lot after lunch and got a wink and a whiff.

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! He starts sexting more than ever while back in his office. He sexts five or six women at a time, iirrc.

Then, Ross leaves work to meet buddies at the movie theater. Appx three and a half hours later, leaving the sexting and his job, Ross heads outside to his hot and smelly car where Cooper is sitting dead from the heat then, Ross drives for miles before he pulls over and stays on the phone, once he finally pulls over, into the parking lot where the police gather around Cooper and Ross. Ross hops out of his car and begins pacing and screaming.

How convenient. Ross manages to ignore the smell and distinct odor of his own dead child; he also could drive about seven miles without noticing his child was in the car; Cooper was strapped in the backseat with his head hung over and smelled dreadful; Ross stayed on the phone about six minutes, without cooperating, in the parking lot almost as soon as he pulled off the road.

That was his ninth mistake.

:fishy: There's the matter of the insurance policy on Cooper. $24Gs, irrc.

R&L's combined debt will not be allowed into evidence. Wrong decision on judge's part, imho, but I'm no attorney-at-law or judge of the trial.

It's real terribly sad when your own father wants you so very little that he'll let you die a very painful, slow, death in the backseat of a hot car. That requires a dark soul and an evil core of a sex addict who cannot be rehabilitated.

Justice for Cooper

DeDee, I believe 100% that this was premeditated by JRH. I have posted this thought somewhere before but I'll mention it again now since your post made me think of it.

I think it's possible that he pulled over in that shopping center like he did because Cooper's poor little decomposing body made a noise, like bodies do as they decompose.

It's very un-Christian-like of me to say this, but I hope that's what happened and it scared the *%#% out of him.

I think his original plan was to be at the movie theater with his buddies when Leanna called telling him Cooper hadn't been at daycare that day. Then he'd have been able to freak out and get them all running to his car and they'd be the ones to "discover" Cooper's lifeless body.

He's a psychopath.

Hello everyone, this is only my second time posting here, but I have thoroughly followed this case from day one. I have always had a thought in my mind that I haven't really seen mentioned anywhere else. Here it goes...I absolutely think it was premeditated. I feel the whole purchasing of the light bulbs was a cover up...a cover up that got blown and Ross didn't know what to do and started floundering. It has been said that when his co-workers dropped him off at his car, they didn't pull up very close and they didn't stay, leaving pretty much as soon as they dropped him off. I read somewhere that he sort of acted strange after that happened, pausing for a bit and staring at the co-workers as they drove away. I think they were supposed to be the witnesses of him putting those lightbulbs in the car, "discovering" Cooper, and the whole screaming "What have I done" scene should have played out there. The co-workers would have been able to verify how surprised, distraught, and remorseful he was and all would have seemed like an accident. When they didn't stay, Ross paniced, hence the reason for the pausing and staring off. He was scrambling to try and figure out what to do next since this initial plan had failed. This is when he decided to put the lightbulbs in the car in such an odd fashion as has been described, turning strangely in a direction you simply wouldn't and not looking in the car at all. He was trying to make sure it appeared he wouldn't have seen Cooper but it just appeared strange as has been mentioned many times. This scenario also explains him then getting on his phone...if you feel his wife was in on it due to her strange comments and behavior, he probably was using his phone to communicate with her, letting her know the plan hadn't worked and they needed to do something else. It was also at this time someone else is seen walking through the dark ng lot, coming very close to where Ross and the car were, and Ross's behavior of pausing in his tracks, getting a strange surprised/horrified look on his face, and waiting until the person passes the car before continuing to walk. He knew that if that person saw Cooper in that car right then, after he had just walked away from it, it would have been over for them in every way. I am curious to know how close to the lunch time events that the call to his wife askif bg when she would be picking up his little buddy took place. It could have been an attempt on their part at creating a new plan, maybe after they communicated about the first plan falling apart? Anyway, I have wondered this for some time now and just wonder what you all here is think. Thanks!

Hello everyone, this is only my second time posting here, but I have thoroughly followed this case from day one. I have always had a thought in my mind that I haven't really seen mentioned anywhere else. Here it goes...I absolutely think it was premeditated. I feel the whole purchasing of the light bulbs was a cover up...a cover up that got blown and Ross didn't know what to do and started floundering. It has been said that when his co-workers dropped him off at his car, they didn't pull up very close and they didn't stay, leaving pretty much as soon as they dropped him off. I read somewhere that he sort of acted strange after that happened, pausing for a bit and staring at the co-workers as they drove away. I think they were supposed to be the witnesses of him putting those lightbulbs in the car, "discovering" Cooper, and the whole screaming "What have I done" scene should have played out there. The co-workers would have been able to verify how surprised, distraught, and remorseful he was and all would have seemed like an accident. When they didn't stay, Ross paniced, hence the reason for the pausing and staring off. He was scrambling to try and figure out what to do next since this initial plan had failed. This is when he decided to put the lightbulbs in the car in such an odd fashion as has been described, turning strangely in a direction you simply wouldn't and not looking in the car at all. He was trying to make sure it appeared he wouldn't have seen Cooper but it just appeared strange as has been mentioned many times. This scenario also explains him then getting on his phone...if you feel his wife was in on it due to her strange comments and behavior, he probably was using his phone to communicate with her, letting her know the plan hadn't worked and they needed to do something else. It was also at this time someone else is seen walking through the dark ng lot, coming very close to where Ross and the car were, and Ross's behavior of pausing in his tracks, getting a strange surprised/horrified look on his face, and waiting until the person passes the car before continuing to walk. He knew that if that person saw Cooper in that car right then, after he had just walked away from it, it would have been over for them in every way. I am curious to know how close to the lunch time events that the call to his wife askif bg when she would be picking up his little buddy took place. It could have been an attempt on their part at creating a new plan, maybe after they communicated about the first plan falling apart? Anyway, I have wondered this for some time now and just wonder what you all here is think. Thanks!

I think it's very possible that he was planning to "discover" Cooper at lunch.

Not sure about the communication with LH, though. Seems like LE was able to recover a lot of his messages and she would have been charged if they'd found evidence that she was an accomplice.

Yes....I tend to think with her it was just odd and strange behavior from a woman desperate not to lose her man. One time I came across a blog on a fertility doctor's webpage where she had commented having something to do with Ross receiving treatment for sexual disinterest and the treatment not working for him. It was really sad and desperate to read her words and then look at the date of her responses in relation to her getting pregnant with Cooper.

BBM--Why would Ross plan to stage the discovery of Cooper, at a time, when he knew beforehand, the friends would be giving him a quick drop off at his car. He knew beforehand they wouldn't be hanging around.

Detective Stoddard's testimony in reference to Ross's reaction to the passerby in the parking lot has been publicly disputed. [URL="http://breakdown.myajc.com/episode/episode-2/"]Direct link to Episode 2
[/URL]

I think I think JRH and LH actually needed light bulbs. JRH probably thought it easier to pick up bulbs while child free preventing the removing from child seat, go in a buy bulbs, then re-strap baby etc. Also, maybe the after work movie was discussed while at lunch and JRH says something like "well, LH asked me to pick up some bulbs so I better grab them now since I am going to have to get her permission to go to the movies after work." If it was just a scheme to pick up bulbsso he would have witnesses to find CH, once friends quickly drove away after dropping him off after lunch, JRH no longer has his witnesses to witness him finding CH so why would he even put the bulbs in his car? Once friends quickly drove away maybe he just throws the bulbs in closest trash can.

I think I think JRH and LH actually needed light bulbs. JRH probably thought it easier to pick up bulbs while child free preventing the removing from child seat, go in a buy bulbs, then re-strap baby etc. Also, maybe the after work movie was discussed while at lunch and JRH says something like "well, LH asked me to pick up some bulbs so I better grab them now since I am going to have to get her permission to go to the movies after work." If it was just a scheme to pick up bulbsso he would have witnesses to find CH, once friends quickly drove away after dropping him off after lunch, JRH no longer has his witnesses to witness him finding CH so why would he even put the bulbs in his car? Once friends quickly drove away maybe he just throws the bulbs in closest trash can.

Isn't there security video of him by the car that shows him tossing in the light bulbs?

Isn't there security video of him by the car that shows him tossing in the light bulbs?
Thats why i think LH actually asked him to pick up bulbs. he actually needed them so he placed them in his car. If it was just a ruse to get his 2 friends there but they quickly drove away maybe he wouldnt have even opened his car but rather just thrown the bulbs away

Thats why i think LH actually asked him to pick up bulbs. he actually needed them so he placed them in his car. If it was just a ruse to get his 2 friends there but they quickly drove away maybe he wouldnt have even opened his car but rather just thrown the bulbs away

Couldn't it be both? Couldn't he have picked up light bulbs because LH asked him to AND hope that his friends would see him discover Cooper? Purchasing light bulbs might have been an easy idea for him to come up with because he really did need light bulb. And, he really did want others to witness him finding Cooper. Since his friends drove off....well, that didn't work so he tossed in the bulbs and made Plan B, the movies.

IDK, but I don't think it's an either/or.

jmo

Yes....I tend to think with her it was just odd and strange behavior from a woman desperate not to lose her man. One time I came across a blog on a fertility doctor's webpage where she had commented having something to do with Ross receiving treatment for sexual disinterest and the treatment not working for him. It was really sad and desperate to read her words and then look at the date of her responses in relation to her getting pregnant with Cooper.

I remember seeing that, too.

Couldn't it be both? Couldn't he have picked up light bulbs because LH asked him to AND hope that his friends would see him discover Cooper? Purchasing light bulbs might have been an easy idea for him to come up with because he really did need light bulb. And, he really did want others to witness him finding Cooper. Since his friends drove off....well, that didn't work so he tossed in the bulbs and made Plan B, the movies.

IDK, but I don't think it's an either/or.

jmo
Yes, I totally agree. Some of these little what I call tidbits almost seem irrelevant to me. I dont think bulbs are relevant. Whether dad took son for breakfast isn't relevant to me. Now, if this is a premeditated ruse maybe all these little factors are small pieces to an overall large puzzle but I don't think I am seeing that yet. I think I am still seeing a shallow, immature, horny, large (maybe overweight) selfish, not be capable of much more than worry how many women he could play, when the next Uof A football game was on, what/when was his next meal. I dont think he was mature enough to think much deeper yet. I believe LH knew this immaturity and was trying to transition her man, in whatever ways she could muster, slowly into a man. I believe she would have had less patience in the transition if JRH had been a lousy father. I think that kept her in the game longer than she should have been.

Have you ever wondered if RH left Cooper in the car on purpose--and that someone else was supposed to come pick him up from the parked car? And that it was THAT person who forgot? Just a fleeting theory I once had...
Doesn't matter- that still makes it murder. It was Ross' responsibility to not leave him in a hot car for any length of time, and he had researched it, so he knew the risks. Are you saying he planned for someone else to discover the body??

In all fairness, it would change things in the context of this thread, which is about whether he premeditated the murder of Cooper.
Nope! Still premeditation- he knew the risks of leaving a child in a hot car- he researched it- and maybe his plan was for that someone to discover the body...

I can believe that someone might want to kill their child - certainly there seem to be plenty of cases of people doing that (I am looking at you, Casey Anthony, among others). But it is hard for me to believe that someone would plan to do it in such a horrible way. You'd have to be really incredibly evil to not only plan to murder your child but to deliberately cause him such terrible suffering (and to be sexting while it is happening).

You want him to die? Drown him in the bathtub and claim you just left the bathroom for a minute and he must have slipped under the water. Give him an overdose of medication and claim that he must have opened the pill bottle himself and eaten them. Quick and so much less terrible for the child. I just can't get my head around anyone making a careful plan for a child to suffer the way Cooper did.

Tink

You know why he chose this method? Sheer laziness and/or he didn't feel he was actively killing the child i.e. "I didn't do it, the (insert blank- in this case hot sun) did it". I watched a crime show last night, Dateline I think? where the mother and her favorite child poisoned her husband, son, daughter, and would've attempted the other daughter. She claimed she didn't kill them (in other words, it was the poison that killed them, not me!). Her exact words were "I didn't stop them from drinking the antifreeze"!!!

bbm That has bothered me some, that Copper could not open his belt. I have wondered if it was tampered with that he couldn't open it. idk jmo

Well he cinched him down on the tighest (infant setting) straps in a car seat he knew was too small for him. Most likely it was so Cooper couldn't escape, he certainly couldn't have been comfortable! This factor alone clinches premeditation for me.

Yes, I totally agree. Some of these little what I call tidbits almost seem irrelevant to me. I dont think bulbs are relevant. Whether dad took son for breakfast isn't relevant to me. Now, if this is a premeditated ruse maybe all these little factors are small pieces to an overall large puzzle but I don't think I am seeing that yet. I think I am still seeing a shallow, immature, horny, large (maybe overweight) selfish, not be capable of much more than worry how many women he could play, when the next Uof A football game was on, what/when was his next meal. I dont think he was mature enough to think much deeper yet. I believe LH knew this immaturity and was trying to transition her man, in whatever ways she could muster, slowly into a man. I believe she would have had less patience in the transition if JRH had been a lousy father. I think that kept her in the game longer than she should have been.

If not for all those little tidbits, as you call them, the state would not have much of a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member