Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the intrest in this case picks up. I live in plainfield and believe that the "intrest" will help break the perp. We need to be in his face. Her picture needs to be hanging everywhere this person goes, so he sees it...and feels it ....and....finally caves

Gather your friends, download her poster, make copies, and start plastering!! Write letters to the local paper, television stations, and anyone who will listen to keep this in the public eye. Take an active roll instead of wishing the interest to pick up. Sometimes, we have to make things happen.

Get the churches involved to hold bake sales, put up lemonade stands, or find other ways to raise support and awareness, but check with her family first to get their blessings. Make sure the media is aware of what you are doing, too! This gives the search for Lisa at least a mention in the news and keeps the public more involved.

I think it would be wonderful for Lisa's children to see other kids involved in doing something to help find their mother. You could set up a stand on every corner on his way to the store, the post office, or to the nearest convenience store. (The man HAS to buy groceries!)

If I'm not mistaken a neighbor seen them coming home on their bikes with a jewels grocery bag.

Much speculation has gone into that fact that the body is likely within 3 hours of CS's house. Is it far fetched to consider his Dad as an accompliss. Consider this:
1. His father stands behind his kid. He said "He's my son, I have to believe him."... (or help him)
2. His father refered to Lisa in the past tense in earlier interviews.
3. They have an apparent history of illegal activity (poaching and hiding)

Is it possible they met half way? Then Lisa's body could be in one of the hundreds of mines on the family property. Could CS have called his Dad and said, "Dad, I need you. I've had a terrible accident. I didn't mean to do it, but it would look real bad. No one would believe me that it was an accident."

Maybe far fetched, but.....? Hope they looked at CS's dad's vehicles, too.

ANother odd comment in this recent article was from Craigs sister Michelle. She said" I am thinking about spending the money to put her picture in the paper". Now is it just me? What is there to think about?

OMG...... reading that new article I have to wonder if they will ever find Lisa now... ELEVEN HUNDRED MILES!!!! with pits and hiding places.... OMG...... I just shiver at the thought....

All I can think of is grid searches......

ANother odd comment in this recent article was from Craigs sister Michelle. She said" I am thinking about spending the money to put her picture in the paper". Now is it just me? What is there to think about?

That is what I was thinking too..... if this is a family member why do you even have to think about it...... JUST DO IT!

Much speculation has gone into that fact that the body is likely within 3 hours of CS's house. Is it far fetched to consider his Dad as an accompliss. Consider this:
1. His father stands behind his kid. He said "He's my son, I have to believe him."... (or help him)
2. His father refered to Lisa in the past tense in earlier interviews.
3. They have an apparent history of illegal activity (poaching and hiding)

Is it possible they met half way? Then Lisa's body could be in one of the hundreds of mines on the family property. Could CS have called his Dad and said, "Dad, I need you. I've had a terrible accident. I didn't mean to do it, but it would look real bad. No one would believe me that it was an accident."

Maybe far fetched, but.....? Hope they looked at CS's dad's vehicles, too.

Maybe it isn't that far fetched, but I don't know that his father could hide his involvement after they have already scrutinized him and his property. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Anything is possible at this point tho.

I did a search to find out when rabbit hunting season is in Michigan, and this is what I found:

Rabbit season is September 15 - March 31

http://www.swmichigan.org/hunting.htm

So, if CS was hunting rabbits up on his property (or any property) in Michigan the weekend before Lisa went missing (April 28 & 29th), he was poaching. IOW, breaking the law.

Hi Liz,

We did the check for Illinois too. November through January rabbit season. Poaching here too. Strach was wondering about the weapons LE had recovered, if they had been fired recently. He would also have to used a different weapon then the ones he was picked up with before by LE. None of those would be used for upland game hunting (pheasant, quail, rabbit). The police know this & I'm sure that's one of the things that they have locked in on CS story not being kosher. I'm sure they tested all his firearms to see if they have been fired recently & to see if any new ones have popped up or disappeared.

JP76ER
JMHO

I have been following this story from the start. I live only about 8 miles from the Stebics. Don't know them, but this story is just a little too close to home.

Here's what I think may have happened: Lisa was probably getting ready to go out for the evening and she and Craig probably got into an argument. I'm guessing his anger got the best of him and he did her in, hid her body in the back of his pickup in the tarp (in the garage) and sent the kids away for the candy run so he could figure out what to do next.

My guess is he panicked and called his father and his dad agreed to help him out. When the kids went to bed, he met his dad 1/2 way and did a transfer of the body, which his father promptly transported to one of the mines on their property in the north woods.

Whatever really transpired, I'm 99% sure Craig has something to do with it. After watching that 12-year old video clip of his arresting officer, I'm closer to 100% sure - scary to think someone with that kind of violent potential could be living that close to us.

I'm praying for Lisa's family and kids, and I sure hope this case produces some answers soon.

Maybe it isn't that far fetched, but I don't know that his father could hide his involvement after they have already scrutinized him and his property. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Anything is possible at this point tho.
I agree- I dont think he is the sharpest tool in the shed either- dont think he is involved, but certainly a good thought

It doesn't sound that far fetched to me either his father was with him when he had the run in with the Conservation Officer and is up holding his son and as stated he did talk about Lisa in the passed tensed. I hope and pray now that the conservation office has come forward LE will look very close into this OB.

Hi Lisa Too,

I'm thinking like you. That's close to my opinion on what happened. I hope we are wrong.

What about "bow hunting?" Would/does CS own a bow? There are several kinds now, some of which appear to be pretty lethal. It could explain hunting without firing a gun. Also, if they are poachers, bow hunting is much quieter.

Salem

Strangulation is a common method for husbands because it is up close and personal, but then he could have bashed her over the head just as easily. There was blood present on the tarp.

I don't believe he used a gun or bow tho. I agree that the houses are too close together for a gunshot not to be heard in the evening while people would be home.

Hi Salem

I bow hunt too & I'm also disabled with Multiple Sclerosis. All modern hunting bows are very lethal. Because of my disability, I qualify to hunt with a crossbow. To show you how lethal it is, a bunch of us hunted up at Ted Nugent's Sunrize Acres & I shot my Russian boar quartering away & he just flopped over dead. No running at all. Broke my bolt (arrow) by just falling over. They are big animals & almost the entire group that day took hogs by bow. You can murder some one with a bow but it would be a bloody scene. Arrows kill by cutting arteries, lung tissue & heart muscle. Basically cause the game to quickly bleed to death. We take as much safety training & shooting practice with our bows as our firearms. Safety is first & the most important part of the hunt. One could have been used but the death scene would have been bloody & clean up would be a very big chore. They are definitely a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, i.e. a murderer.

JP76ER
JMHO

I have been following this story from the start. I live only about 8 miles from the Stebics. Don't know them, but this story is just a little too close to home.

Here's what I think may have happened: Lisa was probably getting ready to go out for the evening and she and Craig probably got into an argument. I'm guessing his anger got the best of him and he did her in, hid her body in the back of his pickup in the tarp (in the garage) and sent the kids away for the candy run so he could figure out what to do next.

My guess is he panicked and called his father and his dad agreed to help him out. When the kids went to bed, he met his dad 1/2 way and did a transfer of the body, which his father promptly transported to one of the mines on their property in the north woods.

Whatever really transpired, I'm 99% sure Craig has something to do with it. After watching that 12-year old video clip of his arresting officer, I'm closer to 100% sure - scary to think someone with that kind of violent potential could be living that close to us.

I'm praying for Lisa's family and kids, and I sure hope this case produces some answers soon.

OhMyGosh Lisa, I never thought him meeting his dad 1/2 way! Remember Janet March. After her husband murdered her, his dad helped him get rid of the body! The dad finally admitted it, but 10 years later and couldn't remember exactly where she was placed.

Let's hope LE gets some type of evidence soon on this case so it doesn't go on for as long as Janet's case. It took 10 years for justice for Janet,......please don't let that happen here.

JMHO
fran

Fran, that's the case I was thinking about also.

JP76ER, I think Salem meant using the bow to hunt not as a murder weapon. My brother bow hunts and I thought he said something about there being a bow season? Meaning I guess different days before the regular one opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer