AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can surmise that little Isa isn't really "lost," and at least one parent knows where she is and they know because they placed/buried her somewhere. In this scenario, they're not looking because...she's not "lost" at all. As such they don't need or want people to find Isa. Notice their Tshirt tag line of "bring Isa home." It's not "find Isa" and it's not "MISSING, Isa."

Has it occurred to anyone that if they hadn't had to make a report to police they might have preferred to go on with their lives and deal with whatever happened to Isa that night, without public knowledge or police interference?

I personally don't think Isa is lost. I think the person that disposed of her body knows exactly where she is and is fervently hoping this whole nightmare goes away without an arrest. I happen to think that person or persons are mostly likely contained within the Celis nuclear family, and I also believe that's exactly what LE & the FBI think too.

I actually think the 'bring Isa home' is a statement made to the person who kidnapped her. The Celis family is hoping she is alive and the kidnapper will grow a heart and 'bring Isa home.' The Celis family wants Isa brought back home. So maybe if someone sees a flier,poster, bracelet or ribbon they will call LE if they know anything however small that would help bring Isa home.

I understand that saying and I think it fits. The volunteers who make the bracelets and ribbons in purple (Isa's favorite color) do an amazing job and it is shown a lot of care went into making them. I received my ribbon and bracelets this week from a dear friend who lives in Tucson who has visited the volunteer center.

I personally dont think Isa is alive anymore although I understand perfectly why Sergio and Becky cling to that hope and belief. I think any parent would and Marc Klass always tells parents of missing children to never lose hope.

I think the FBI/TPD do have suspects or POIs they are investigating but nothing that I have learned thus far makes me believe it is either Sergio or Becky.

IMO

If LE did say they wanted to observe the parent's behavior, maybe that is the reason we see little of them. Maybe the parents do't want to be observed, for fear of inaccurate interpretations.

Maybe a better question is to ask, "Why would LE say this?"

Why would LE announce to the public that, essentially, they don't believe the parents' story, as they have in so many ways in this case?

While they have never come right out and said, "Sergio and Becky are involved," they have done everything to indicate that indeed, that is their belief.

There are many ardent family supporters on this site who believe Sergio and Becky had nothing to do with their daughter's disaappearance, and that is an opinion that one is entitled to have.

However, it bears saying that LE is this case clearly - CLEARLY - have a different opinion.

There are so many "versions" of the fliers out and posted around Tucson. I see easily 8 different types daily in both Spanish and English. Some note the teeth missing, others don't. Some indicate clothing colors or braids, others don't. All different pictures. What disturbs me though is many of these various versions don't have the 88-Crime tip number emboldened across them. Some may have "call 911", which is fine, but others you really have to hunt to find the tip line number.

Yeah, but I bet all of them have the web site where people can go to read more, share with their FB friends, share with their Twitter feed to help make this a worldwide media event, and make a donation.

Yeah, but I bet all of them have the web site where people can go to read more, share with their FB friends, share with their Twitter feed to help make this a worldwide media event, and make a donation.

Actually, they don't. The initial social media push by Steve Raw was "all about" that... spreading the word; linking Twitter and FB. But it's now become a case of various groups putting out their own versions of the flier. It's a real cluster-you-know-what...

There is one flier which has the SMS tip, email tip, Smartphone tip app info. Helpful for those who do use texting, have iPhones, etc. But just info-clutter to those who don't know what any of that even means. Confusing the reporting even further. A real dog 'n pony show with no one in the lead.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/158325495.html

50 days later... No Mom or Dad present.

I can certainly see how community help is dwindeling away, Im more than 2000 miles away and am so irritated with this mother and fathers lack of outcry for their daughter.
Do they think Isa will show up at the car wash wanting to buy a T-shirt and novelties?
I dont get it.
Maybe they ought to have a memorial service and get it done and over with,seems like thats what will happen next,
Whatever happened to good ole fashioned interogation? :maddening::maddening:

Wow. This is tragic. I'm the only poster viewing this thread. Heart breaking here.

I never thought I could have more respect for Billy Dunn than someone else but now I do...

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Wow. This is tragic. I'm the only poster viewing this thread. Heart breaking here.

There are 8 total at this time (3 posters and 5 guests). I hope this case doesn't turn cold, but it does seem to be heading that way (if not already). No pressers, no new MSM, and parents not even trying to keep her name out there.

I had mentioned before that perhaps the parent(s) never thought the case would get as much coverage as it did. I never wanted to believe either one was involved or knew what happened, but the lack of presence in the media has made me re-evaluate my thoughts. I still don't believe RC knew what had happened, but do think she now knows or at the least thinks she knows what happened.

I don't have children of my own, but do have a stepson who lives with us and a nephew. If either one of them went missing, I would be all over the media trying to keep their faces in the news...and I HATE being on camera or being the center of attention in any circumstance. I just find it odd that neither parent is pleading for Isa's safe return now that media attention seems to have waned. MOO

I have to believe that either one or both parent had a hand in her disappearance; one or both know who took her; one or both know why she was taken. Eventually someone will crack, and I have no doubt that LE is waiting for that moment. I just pray it won't be too late for Isabel. My mind tells me she's already dead. My heart tells me there's a still a chance...

Whatever happened to Isabel happened in the early morning hours of April 21. She is not hiding out somewhere, she is not being secretly raised by <insert name of favorite group that must secretly abduct and raise children>, she was not carried away by dingos or aliens or drug runners or gypsies. She wasn't sold on ebay or to anyone else. She wasn't traded to pay off a debt. Like other children in too many other cases, something happened to cause her likely death. Maybe it was an accident that was covered up; maybe someone snapped and went too far.

Either way, Isa is not missing. Her exact whereabouts are known by whoever disposed of her remains. Whoever that is, they are not likely to tell. Why? It's simple. They don't want to go to prison and nothing they do now can undo what they did the night or morning of April 20/21.

Those most impacted by the loss of Isa are her parents and family. If they are at some level of peace and are not frantically looking for her, then that should provide a big clue. The rest is the placement of blame and some kind of legal resolution. If it helps, think of Isa as a victim of some kind of accident. You can forgive an accident. You can move on from an accident. The actions taken afterwards are troubling, but they don't change the circumstances of what happened that caused harm to befall Isa.

Whatever happened to Isabel happened in the early morning hours of April 21. She is not hiding out somewhere, she is not being secretly raised by <insert name of favorite group that must secretly abduct and raise children>, she was not carried away by dingos or aliens or drug runners or gypsies. She wasn't sold on ebay or to anyone else. She wasn't traded to pay off a debt. Like other children in too many other cases, something happened to cause her likely death. Maybe it was an accident that was covered up; maybe someone snapped and went too far.

Either way, Isa is not missing. Her exact whereabouts are known by whoever disposed of her remains. Whoever that is, they are not likely to tell. Why? It's simple. They don't want to go to prison and nothing they do now can undo what they did the night or morning of April 20/21.

Those most impacted by the loss of Isa are her parents and family. If they are at some level of peace and are not frantically looking for her, then that should provide a big clue. The rest is the placement of blame and some kind of legal resolution. If it helps, think of Isa as a victim of some kind of accident. You can forgive an accident. You can move on from an accident. The actions taken afterwards are troubling, but they don't change the circumstances of what happened that caused harm to befall Isa.

I have already said myself I believe Isa is deceased but this morning I woke up and I thought about it some more and came to the realization "I" really dont know if she is alive or dead. And "I" also realize "I" dont have a crystal ball and know what happened to Isa or who kidnapped her from her home. But I do know that LE says Isa was abducted from her home and abductors dont abduct dead bodies...they abduct live people.

The truth is none of us know that Isa's is dead. So many thought the very same when Shawn Hornbeck, Ben, Elizabeth Smart, Steven Staynor, and Jacie Duggard were missing. And it shows 'thinking' something is far from 'knowing' something.

I am not sure where a parent could look for their child when they have absolutely no idea where their location is. Shawn Hornbeck was found not far from where he lived when he was kidnapped and had been in that same area for four years.

I was under the impression that TPD did not want physcial searches taking place by volunteers. And most LE does not want the parents of the missing love ones to search.

The truth is the media has moved on from this story. That really shouldnt surprise any of us, imo. I think the national media learned their lessons when so much time was spent on one case (Natalee Holloway) and they received backlash from it because they covered no other cases for months. Unfortunately, there are so many people missing in our country today leaving one case behind in order to cover another one.

As far as the parents coming forward and speaking to the media again, I think they feel that did not work out well for them, and it only garnered them more citicism, and sure did nothing to help bring Isa home.

If the prepretrator has not returned Isa by now they certainly arent going to do so...no matter if the parents ever speak out again.

Isa's photo and case has been out there for almost two months now. Her photo splashed in the national media over and over again and even internationally.

Sometimes if a person knows something that will solve a case it can take months or even years for them to come forward to LE about what they know. I saw an A&E show one time where a woman had known what happened to a victim for 26 years but did not have the courage to tell LE about the suspect until then due to fear of retaliation by the suspect.

imo

Have we heard any public support from Celis family friends? Are any of them leaders of any of the fundraising groups? Or are the groups run by big-hearted people who sometimes haven't even met Isa's family?

I haven't but I'm not local, nor can I read everything about the case.

There are always members of groups that are tolerated, be it the children or their parents. Something that makes people uncomfortable, or causes whispers, but they're still a part of the group. Sometimes deservedly, sometimes not. Are the Celis' this type of group member, or are they "in" and a real group member?

Maybe there's something their peers know and LE noted from the beginning? Something even the sharp WS members haven't been shown in all the clips we've seen. That's why the behavioral analysis. Just musings, no finger-pointing....

Isa, wanting to bring you home

If LE did say they wanted to observe the parent's behavior, maybe that is the reason we see little of them. Maybe the parents do't want to be observed, for fear of inaccurate interpretations. Just a thought. Why would LE announce that anyway? LE should have just silently observed them, unless their objective is to observe how they act, knowing they are being observed? Do guilty or innocent people overcompensate certain behaviors knowing they are being scrutinized? I honestly don't know, but I'll bet yes.

I am still on the fence. In my mind, I keep placing myself into the scenario, and wondering what I would do. I believe I would be so distraught, I would not want to be in the public, at all. I would want to be alone. That is how I believe I would react if it were my child who had gone missing.

I also don't think the parent's presence or not, by itself would alter my decision to help search, pass out flyers, etc.

Praying for a break in the case, and for Isa to come home! Soon!

Maybe it is because I'm forgetting the context in which it was said, but I also wonder why LE said that they wanted to watch their behavior. Why not just watch? IMO behavior is tricky to measure because the act of measuring effects the thing you want to study. Did LE want to see what the parents' reaction would be to knowing that they were being carefully watched, specifically in the media?

I actually think the 'bring Isa home' is a statement made to the person who kidnapped her. The Celis family is hoping she is alive and the kidnapper will grow a heart and 'bring Isa home.' The Celis family wants Isa brought back home. So maybe if someone sees a flier,poster, bracelet or ribbon they will call LE if they know anything however small that would help bring Isa home.....IMO

Respectfully <snipped>. Billboards, flyers, posters, etc. for Kyron Horman also say "Bring Kyron Home". It originally sounded odd to me that the campaign didn't ask for help in "finding" Kyron but rather, as you've said, a subtle (or not so subtle) reminder to whoever was responsible for Kyron's disappearance to return the boy to his custodial parents. It will interesting to see what develops in that case with Desiree Young's recent filing of a civil suit against Terri Horman whom she believes kidnapped Kyron from his school two years ago. The boy hasn't been seen since.

If Becky and Sergio don't know where Isabel is, they probably have a good idea who is responsible for her abduction just like Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother suspect that TH had something to do with their son's disappearance. :moo:

I am sure if Sergio or Becky called the local paper & wanted to do an interview, the paper would jump at the chance. If this story is fading from the spot light, IMO (in this case) it is the fault / choice of the parents.

I am at a loss over why the parents haven't called TES in or another group or tried to rally volunteers for searches? Perhaps LE is not encouraging searches for some reason, wish we knew.

I will always keep my mind on the true victim of these missing cases is the child and the child should always, always, always come first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth