Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a good map. Red fin is an excellent real estate site, BTW. Not all communities subscribe. On this page you will se an updated map of her house. You can move the map around and you will even see the house/trailer next door to Sierra which dosn't show on most maps.

Three appears to be action taking place on the property. The bldgs have changed and I can't make out what is now there in front of the warehouse @ 18 Paguita Espana.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Morgan-Hill/45-Paquita-Espana-Ct-95037/home/845112

As I said prior, there is a second electronic gate to the backyard. you can see the well worn path leading to the warehouse. I saw this gate open when I was there. How many people had access to that warehouse is my question.

...and to make matters worse, the people to the right of the house appear to have a business there also.

This parcel of land requires grooming which means there had to be sufficient landscape people around often...IMO. Maybe even pool cleaning services too.

Here is a good map. Red fin is an excellent real estate site, BTW. Not all communities subscribe. On this page you will se an updated map of her house. You can move the map around and you will even see the house next door to Sierra which dosn't show on most maps.

Three appears to be action taking place on the property. The bldgs have changed and I can't make out what is now there in front of the warehouse @ 18 Paguita Espana.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Morgan-Hill/45-Paquita-Espana-Ct-95037/home/845112

I noticed when you zoom in or go to birds eye view it changes. Is the most current what is shown before zooming in or after? I don't know how to tell

I noticed when you zoom in or go to birds eye view it changes. Is the most current what is shown before zooming in or after? I don't know how to tell

Can't help you with the zoom. IMO, most current is pre-zoom. I don't know why anything would change on zoom.

People who live in that subdivision.
People who own rental property (homes, sheds, land).
Real estate agents/reps.
Utility workers: phone, gas/electric/water/trash pick-up, meter readers.
Gardeners/lawn care workers.
Construction workers/roofers, handyman-types.
Carpoolers.
Taxicab drivers.

There are likely others that could be added to the list. Most on that list might also know what homes/buildings were for sale/unoccupied or if residents were out of town for extended time.

I wanted to bring this back up, because you'd be surprised at some of the professions that have been used by serial offenders to do their scouting incognito. A good example is the BTK killer, Denis Raider. In his later years he did a lot of scouting while patrolling in the course of his work as an animal control officer. That is one type of vehicle that people expect to see driving in out of the way neighborhoods, and don't think twice about. You've listed off many other professions that use such vehicles.

I'm not saying that the perp grabbed Sierra whilst using such a vehicle, but they may very well have used it & their profession in general to scout out many areas like this & their residents, until they passed by a 'desirable target' to focus on. As BTK described the process, the perp would then find excuses to go through that area at various times of day to find when their target was most vulnerable, and then refine their plans from there.

If this type of scenario were the case here, then this could very well be an individual who is indeed part of the workings of the community, and yet still a stranger to Sierra & her family.

This is just one scenario type that I find viable. Another that I'm leaning towards is one where some guy not too long out of school met Sierra in passing through one of her friends and developed an unhealthy focus on her without her being aware. Such slightly older, perhaps 'cool' fringe members of friend groups have a track record of talking teenage girls into their cars (or homes, parties as the case may be) for nefarious purposes.

Of course, the latter line of thought might come from the fact that I just don't trust any male between the ages of 18 & 25 (and that'll get worse once my daughter gets to her teenage years).

All JMO.

Bottom line...there is more going on at the end of the cul-de-sac than we were led to believe. Heck, maybe all this means nothing...but I have to throw many more possiblities out there when I see this. This was not a bedroom community. This is an agriculture/working community with some nice homes built in and around it.

As I said prior, there is a second electronic gate to the backyard. you can see the well worn path leading to the warehouse. I saw this gate open when I was there. How many people had access to that warehouse is my question.

...and to make matters worse, the people to the right of the house appear to have a business there also.

I see that gate to the left of the driveway, except the road looks like a turnaround. Looking at the road next to/part of the LaMar driveway, it goes all around the property. In fact, the house is almost surrounded by out-buildings. I haven't been near the house in person so am only going by the maps.

I recall reading the post showing the property records indicating the landlord's export business name, his name, website and tel # (it was a 408 AC). I called the number and it was disconnected. This was about 10 days into the abduction in one of the earlier threads on here. When I am on my computer, I'll look for it later.

I wouldn't be surprised if he changed the number or his addy for awhile. LE, FBI and everyone in the know would be hounding him for information. He would be a target for news people. He may need to relocate till this is resolved.

He has relatives in the area.

Every time I see Whisperer's avatar, I put my thinking cap on! Love it.

Bottom line...there is more going on at the end of the cul-de-sac than we were led to believe. Heck, maybe all this means nothing...but I have to throw many more possiblities out there when I see this.

Yes, it reminds me of the location where Morgan Harrington's body was found. LE & the media made out like it was a hard to reach, hidden place that would only be accessed by someone extremely familiar with that area, but a bit of research from members here revealed that it was in fact fairly easily accessible & could very well have been chosen either through chance or a brief amount of scouting.

Same idea here - it really doesn't take as much as some people think to get a really basic familiarity with a locale & then blend in. I really hope that LE in this case isn't focused entirely on the locals only theory, as happened in the Harrington case, as this may be someone who was only in the area relatively briefly, perhaps briefly enough that there are no records of their residence there.

Or they could even be someone who lives in another community & just commutes to the area in the course of their job.

All JMO

LE has said they believe the perp has strong ties to the community. There had to be something that made them say this. My guess is that is someone who works in or for the City of Morgan Hill and they said this because they may think the perp worked/lived on that street at some point.

Typical profile is white male, 30 something. I think they have an idea on who. By now they have talked to every worker to ever entered that cul-de-sac. Those that can't provide an alibi are up for scrutiny.

Found it via google. Property is owned by James Ti Wan Ong, his company at the same address is COL OF USA, LLC, website (with only products listed, no company info) and tel # listed.

(snipped) I really hope that LE in this case isn't focused entirely on the locals only theory, as happened in the Harrington case, as this may be someone who was only in the area relatively briefly, perhaps briefly enough that there are no records of their residence there.

Or they could even be someone who lives in another community & just commutes to the area in the course of their job.

All JMO

And maybe LE is sure the answers lie in this community due to information to which we aren't privy.

LE has said they believe the perp has strong ties to the community. There had to be something that made them say this. My guess is that is someone who works in or for the City of Morgan Hill.

Typical profile is white male, 30 something. I think they have an idea on who. By now they have talked to every worker to ever entered that cul-de-sac. Those that can't provide an alibi are up for scrutiny.

While I hope that is true, I don't take it for granted that LE theories are based on hard evidence. Often in cases where they really don't have much to go on, they will go with what seems most likely via the evidence/scenarios they do have. This feels like a theory based on the logical consensus that the area of her home is not a place a random stranger would target. Alas, the world isn't always a logical place, and there are plenty of cases where serial offenders have gone out of their way to find just such areas to target. Of course, the former scenario is solvable, while the latter is...not so much. Thus it's best if they continue to dedicate the majority of their resources on the solvable scenario, while keeping an open mind about the not so solvable ones.

As for questioning every worker that's been through there...well, probably the ones who work for the city or major delivery services that would have records of their destinations during work, but to go and check up on everyone who might have been there, such as taxi drivers, smaller delivery guys (think pizza, rent-to-own etc), animal control & such (ones who patrol, no record of where they go), plumbers and the like...well, that's too much for any LEA to be expected to track down, no matter how big the case, IMO.

Then again, I'm a hope for the best, expect the worst type, so I'm going to root for LE to soon nab a perp who has Sierra alive, while maintaining very pessimistic viewpoints on certain things. So, yeah, take my cynical thoughts with a grain of salt.

All JMO.

What for me is an anchor statement came from Sheriff Laurie Smith. There is no evidence that Sierra ever left the house. Conclusionary. I'm sure the seated counsel of canines concur. The sheriff doesn't overstate, dramatise or exaggerate. So we have a near paradox, a missing girl but no indication she ever left.

Afield we have her cellphone and clothing with school books but again, the dogs do not alert, no sign of Sierra. The good thing is, investigators have leads from the returned items that went to lab. The leads could point to the perpetrator(s), to the nature of the crime and what happened but do not seem to point to her location. Where do we go from here?

Found it via google. Property is owned by James Ti Wan Ong, his company at the same address is COL OF USA, LLC, website (with only products listed, no company info) and tel # listed.

There is more in public record. It has the earnings (Wow!) and the number of employees. I just confirmed in last few minutes that the business is still up and running.

While I hope that is true, I don't take it for granted that LE theories are based on hard evidence. Often in cases where they really don't have much to go on, they will go with what seems most likely via the evidence/scenarios they do have. This feels like a theory based on the logical consensus that the area of her home is not a place a random stranger would target. Alas, the world isn't always a logical place, and there are plenty of cases where serial offenders have gone out of their way to find just such areas to target. Of course, the former scenario is solvable, while the latter is...not so much. Thus it's best if they continue to dedicate the majority of their resources on the solvable scenario, while keeping an open mind about the not so solvable ones.

As for questioning every worker that's been through there...well, probably the ones who work for the city or major delivery services that would have records of their destinations during work, but to go and check up on everyone who might have been there, such as taxi drivers, smaller delivery guys (think pizza, rent-to-own etc), animal control & such (ones who patrol, no record of where they go), plumbers and the like...well, that's too much for any LEA to be expected to track down, no matter how big the case, IMO.

Then again, I'm a hope for the best, expect the worst type, so I'm going to root for LE to soon nab a perp who has Sierra alive, while maintaining very pessimistic viewpoints on certain things. So, yeah, take my cynical thoughts with a grain of salt.

All JMO.

..I was referring to all workers on the property. I didn't make myself clear. I try to be vague and wind up confusing people..sorry.

What for me is an anchor statement came from Sheriff Laurie Smith. There is no evidence that Sierra ever left the house. Conclusionary. I'm sure the seated counsel of canines concur. The sheriff doesn't overstate, dramatise or exaggerate. So we have a near paradox, a missing girl but no indication she ever left.

Afield we have her cellphone and clothing with school books but again, the dogs do not alert, no sign of Sierra. The good thing is, investigators have leads from the returned items that went to lab. The leads could point to the perpetrator(s), to the nature of the crime and what happened but do not seem to point to her location. Where do we go from here?

Good points all, however, whenever a member of LE says there is no evidence of such & such, I take it with a big grain of salt. I've heard them say 'no evidence of foul play' or 'no evidence that this person was abducted' etc far too many times to dare draw conclusions from such statements, especially given how conservative most LEOs are when it comes to statements to the public (ie they aren't going to confirm things unless they are really sure about them, thus the common qualifiers 'we believe' & 'our theory is')

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member