TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
TK to jury: Always difficult when families are good families. Mother is a good person. The fact GT had a rough childhood is something you can consider. But when you weigh all of that against what happened to Channon and Chris on that weekend in 2007, it completely outweighs what happened. We're sorry his father was in and out of jail. That his mother worked two and three jobs, that he didn't have good role models.

We all value life. We don't take this responsibility lightly. What happened to these kids that weekend was heinous, atrocious and cruel. GT played a substantial role and you found him guilty. The whole reason they were killed was so that we would be left w no witnesses--and only the defense's version of what happened. If we've proven that the aggravating circumstances outweigh the mitigating, then you must follow the law...

:parrot:

Even though I hate multiple trials for one crime, I have to say that there is a plus to it. The prosecution is really able to fine tune things. By the 3rd trial, they've been firing on all cylinders.

I think the reason for making the jury wait until tomorrow is a good idea actually. The judge wants the jury to really take their time and think about this and not just hurry through it cuz the day is getting late. The jury is probably getting tired. Whats one more day.

It might be better if GT got life. That might make this less likely to be overturned on appeal.

Again, the defense is saying that GT is less culpable than other perps when that may or may not be true.

YES it IS TRAGIC... to think your client, this defendant, might have PREVENTED IT. :furious:

:parrot:

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Defense Dillard - death for "worst of worst" and that would be Cobbins, Davidson
If I were to choose the penalties for each, I'd give:

GT: LWOP
Cobbins: the needle - ETA: make that the electric chair. The needle is way too easy
Davidson and Vanessa: Burn at the stake over a slow fire

Defense done, Leland on re argue.

If I were to choose the penalties for each, I'd give:

GT: LWOP
Cobbins: the needle - ETA: make that the electric chair. The needle is way too easy
Davidson and Vanessa: Burn at the stake over a slow fire

Personally, I'd give them all death. There were no innocent bystanders in my opinon.

I would point out that GT hasnt shown any emotion during this. No remorse. None. He STILL isnt sorry about this. Waht about the other men in prison, that maybe still wnat to try to turn their lives around. The prison guards that work there and then go home to their families. LWOP doesnt protect those people.

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Dillard - "do we add to the tragedy?"

More tragedies are more likely with these animals allowed among other people. I feel for the people thrown in prison for crimes they didn't do or minor crimes. They could wind up dead from a 2 year sentence if they're thrown in amongst these beasts.

I don't know, I bet they are all cowards when it comes to face-to-face confrontations.

It might be better if GT got life. That might make this less likely to be overturned on appeal.

A vereran prosecutor told me that a life sentence is much less likely to overturned on appeal. I'm afraid this one would be if the sentence is death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong